Eglingoldfort - an attempt for the Queen ;) of the Mountain and its modded copy

Started by Nilla, April 08, 2015, 05:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on May 11, 2015, 05:55:28 AM
Yes I know of that flatten terrain tool, but I didn't load it to this game. I really don't like the look of it when you change the mountain. It looks weird. I have used it (not in this game but in some other mod-game) to make room for ports or fishing docks at the river. If you don't over use it it looks OK.

I think if you want to build close to the mountain, it will look nicer just to use a second and maybe third floor. But be a bit careful, not all the types look good in that position, you have to use the F-button, to get the right parts.
indeed to think of it in this specific case the "flatten terrain tool" could only worsen the visual appearance .. because flattening the mountain could only increase the space between the stairs and the mountain itself!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

^^ i ve put a flatten tool in my NMC (it is for the canals, a bad click and you have a bad hole of 3 meter depth ^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 12, 2015, 03:17:32 AM
^^ i ve put a flatten tool in my NMC (it is for the canals, a bad click and you have a bad hole of 3 meter depth ^^)
So to use with muuuuuuuuuch caution!!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on May 11, 2015, 02:48:53 AM
I now have 2500 inhabitants! Insane on a small mountain map! The number is still growing, but the number of children not anymore, so the population will stabilize soon (and than go down). I rejected 255 nomads a little while ago. So with the next batch of nomads I will probably get a population high somewhere between 2800 and 3000, much depending on how many nomads there are.
Now that is some dense housing! Very well done.

Quote from: Nilla on May 11, 2015, 02:48:53 AM
I still have a lot of pie. The food storage is huge. No hunger in this settlement! But they freeze in winter. I have few woodcutter and tailors, not really too few; if the production is good, it's enough. But now I have had a shortage of logs and wool! I have changed the order to the general trades men, but they refuse to arrive at the moment.
Pie is a great trade good.

Are any traders bringing books? If you run short of storage, a good trick is to buy books and keep them stored in your TPs.

Nilla

No I didn't load the monastery. At least I haven't noticed that it's a part of the medieval town and I haven't seen any books. With the small markets and the root cellars, I have no shortage on storage in the town. Also the trading ports are not very full. I only sell pie and ale. None of them take up much space. With only these two export goods, it's also easy to trade automatically. You know I'm a but lazy so I like to trade automatically; at least if I have more than a handfull trading ports.

But the idea with the books might be good for some other game. To save space, but also to save trading goods for later. I'm not so sure if it's possible to get a lot of books, unless you order them and than of cause it's not a very good business; you have to sell it to a lower price than you buy. Have you tried this idea in any game yourself?

irrelevant

Yes, I was doing it in Frenchman's Bend. Had a big problem with overproduction, storage everywhere was filling up. I never built the monastery, I just had it in the list of included mods. I didn't order books, just bought them as I could, whenever they showed up on a merchant boat.

Nilla

Just got the nomads I was waiting for. In fact I got them twice. The first time only brought me 220 and that was a bit disappointing, so I went back to the last save, and see; the second time there were 340! :)

Not quite 3000 but 2980, so more than double of the population of the same map in the unmodded game. Insane!

What is my opinion of the New Medieval Town mod:

I like most of it.

+
Pleasant look
Save space
Fun and tricky to combine the different parts

-
Pie production too profitable

+/-
The stores. I don't really know, if I like them or not. I like very much the look, but I find they can hold too much goods. But on the other hand; it's not just big barns; it's markets and that need a lot of planning and a bit different approach (You can read my problems above) And that's good. So I think I kind of like them after all.  ;)

RedKetchup

medieval town doesnt have monastery, it has a wonder Cathedral. only monastery can make books
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

irrelevant

@Nilla A truly impressive achievement!! You've used just about every tile on this map. How many TPs?

Nilla

:) I really don't like quarries, but that one from you @assobanana76 looks good.

Yes @irrelevant, there's not much free space. It would have been possible to have a few more houses: I have too many bakers (and windmills). If I had discovered the possibility to build mountain houses from the start, I also could have built a few more of them.

I have 13 trading ports. 6 normal original ports and 7 specialized food trading ports. There were no room for more ports. (small mountain map, remember)  I was thinking a bit about to replace the normal TP with specialized, but I didn't. I'm not sure that it would have been better. Even after I stopped building new houses, I still needed to buy other things than food; logs, wool, tools, even some clothes. I think one of each; raw materials- and finished goods-TP wouldn't have been enough, and 2 food-TP certainly brings less food than 6 original.