Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How To ...

Started by slink, September 13, 2014, 10:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 02, 2014, 04:07:22 AM
Quote from: slink on December 01, 2014, 06:38:01 AM
The opening directory in Windows 7 for an admin level DOS window is \Windows\system32 which is not what you want.

personally my user account has admins rights. i dont use the 'admin account'

when i open c: command prompt i arrive here:

c:\Users\Michael

if we want to go back to c:\ we need to do :

cd ..
cd ..

each time you do cd .. to go back 1 folder closer to the root.
My account also has admin rights, but the copy of DOS that opens in my own name instead of the one that opens as "run as administrator" has no admin rights.

cd \ (or cd /, since DOS can't tell the difference) works just as well to go directly to the root.

Emton

Can anyone explain what float _temperatureTolerance and float _temperatureVariance does?

RedKetchup

where did you found that ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Emton

They are in the files for climates in /Game/Climates specifically in Fair.rsc (which the other climates are based off of) I figured out how float _baseTemperature and float _temperatureRange work  (to set the overall temperature range, for instance baseTemperature= 50 and temperatureRange= 40 will make the temperature range go from 10 degrees to 90 degrees, 50-40=10, 50+40=90)
But I'm trying to figure out what float _temperatureTolerance and float _temperatureVariance do exactly. I'm making a climate that is harder than harsh (because harsh is real easy) but I'm trying to keep it like vanilla, I just want more chance for heat in the summer, chance for frost to come sooner, overall more cold in the winter. Well I'm gonna keep tweaking it to see if i can figure out how it works...

RedKetchup

ok.
often is it faster to test ourselves :) than wait an answer ^^

rofldiekatz

Hey!
So after spending about 639 hours trying to figure this out I finally have to ask for your help :D

The only things I changed were age values (age for marriage, work etc) and I thought "Oh nice, that seems to be very easy". Well.. nope. I just don't know how to create that damn package file. And the bat file, too.. :D I've tried a hundred times to change the batch file text etc, but I either get an error ("Failed to load resource") or there appears a bin folder with .crs files but no pkm file at all :/ I just don't get it and I'm absolutely new to this modding thing. Could anyone pls check my files and tell me what's wrong?

Package file; path is H:\BanishedModkit\example\Override (tried to copy the tutorial)
edited/copied (complete) Citizen.rsc file is in H:\BanishedModkit\example\Override\Template

PackageFile override
{
String _name = "Mona's Mod";
String _author = "Mona";
String _description = "Changes age values.";
String _icon = "icon.png";
int _userVersion = 1;

// all files in resource directory
String _includeList
[
"*"
]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
String _excludeList
[
"Package_*.crs"
"*.pkg"
"*.pkm"
]
}

ExternalList list
{
External _resources
[
"Template/Citizen.rsc:citizen"
]
}

and the sad tries of batch files:

buildoverride, path H:\BanishedModkit

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Package.rsc:list /pathres ../example/Override /pathdat ../example/Override/bin

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Override /pathres ../example/Override /pathdat ../example/Override/bin

and 2. try buildoverride1:

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Package.rsc:list /pathres ../example/Override /pathdat ../example/Override/bin

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Citizen /pathres ../example/Override /pathdat ../example/Override/bin

So you can see that I actually had no idea what I was doing x) But I tried.. :D
I wanted to make this mod for my own entertainment, not for publishing it :(
Any advice would be appreaciated :D

Thanks

RedKetchup

hello :)

ok just a little typo error :) sometime it is case sentitive and sometimes not

change : Package.rsc:Override
for Package.rsc:override 

your 2nd line has a capital O that should be a little o
because at the top of your package.rsc , 1st line,  you have written:

PackageFile override
{

like that

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:override /pathres ../example/Override /pathdat ../example/Override/bin

your .pkm should be in : H:\BanishedModkit\bin\WinData\

RedKetchup

just to make sure you see the last changes cause i edited it.

rofldiekatz

You saved me! Thanks :D

Just in case anyone else needs to know and is confused about everything edited, this is the actual bat file:

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Package.rsc:list /pathres ../example/override /pathdat ../example/override/bin

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:override /pathres ../example/override /pathdat ../example/override/bin

RedKetchup

i usually always work with a ressource.rsc file like overrideResources.rsc where all the external lists are in (i tend to make very big mods with is thousands of things called)
but put the list in package.rsc file at the bottom is acceptable too ^^

so this is the reason of my EDIT

Pressure

I know I'm doing a necro here, but this is still a valuable thread. I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to create my first mod for Banished. Editing the rsc files and seeing the changes from that was working great, I just could not actually create the pkm file to use in my real Banished install. Now with your guidance, I just did.

Thank you so much!!!

RedKetchup

awesome !! congratulations ! @Pressure  :)

cenarius451

Making a 3d model in 3DSMax and adding it into Fallout 4 is FAR easier than just trying to change the music files for this game and the lack of a basic step by step video tutorial doesn't help at all. Just decided to register to say this. Totally dissapointing.

Discrepancy

Quote from: cenarius451 on February 13, 2018, 10:08:29 PM
Making a 3d model in 3DSMax and adding it into Fallout 4 is FAR easier than just trying to change the music files for this game and the lack of a basic step by step video tutorial doesn't help at all. Just decided to register to say this. Totally dissapointing.

Fair enough point, though as modders we are all in the same boat.
We learn from our mistakes. The great modders who started on this game years ago did all the leg work, search these forums, ask questions, ask for help, we make mods by trial and error.
We don't bite.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, no manual, tutorial or such but it's a one person indie game and to make a documentation for this modkit would be a lot of work. Also, to figure things out can be part of the fun. Just ask here and you get help from modders. To change music and sound files is rather simple. You still want to do this?