News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

An Empty Square

Started by Necora, May 09, 2017, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

that's 2 years in a row then. and BT gets the spring award. if i keep going i will run out of them quick.the year isn't half over either.lol

RedKetchup

it will be useful with the diagonal walls :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

I haven't used it yet so I'm not sure which menu you have put them in, but I agree that the vanilla Remove toolbar would be the perfect place for these handy little tools.

And now my foresters will be banned from planting trees in front of buildings. I usually leave a strip of plain grass squares between buildings and road, and the foresters can't help themselves and clog them up with unwanted trees. Not any more! (evil laughing smiley)

despo_20

A simple but ingenious idea!
Well done @Necora;)

Nilla

embx61

I feel empty and then @Necora  releases an empty square?  ::)

Now I feel even more empty.  :(

But seriously. That empty square is pretty handy. I think it is something similar to Cossacks Collision part of his Fountain Mod?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

@Necora I was wondering ... 
I was reading an old thread over on BL with another player and talking about the ground texture when the terrain is terraformed in game and it leaves the stretched brown textures, yuck!

Is there any way that somehow this can be adapted to show a grass texture, or even a soil texture as well? 
Perhaps even ghosted 'grass' pieces, in chunks, so other things can still be built on them, gardens etc, and housing foundations.  say in 1x1; 1 x2; 1x3 and the same in 2 x 2; 2x3; 2x4 and then they can be built up into larger sections, or small tiny 'break thru' areas in house corners etc.

It's just a random idea :) Thanks for reading :)

(I know that Kral released a mini mod that transforms the entire map to grass, but for what I'm thinking of, that's a little overkill :D  It's just too bad that the terraform mod can't be adapted to also have a 'terraform to grass texture' :(  that's a game limitation, so I'm trying to think on work arounds :D )
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

by adding a decal footprint to his tool that will be a .png from a screenshot a 64x64 should be enough with instead brown footprint : green grass painted.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

old mods, slink lawn and slink rough lawn, place like crop field, one looks like grass, one looks like pasture.

Necora

@QueryEverything you know there are plenty of ghost squares out there that have grass textures for this purpose. CC has them, they are not only road tiles but also vanilla terrain texture... I'm not sure what you want that is different?

QueryEverything

@Necora thanks for the reply, I've used the CC tiles, but when I'm covering a huge area after terraforming, it takes ages to backfill the tiles, whereas it only takes seconds to use your new "An Empty Square" set :) 

In the screenshots, you can see what I mean, back filling a terraformed area, under a transparent pasture ...
Your multi-stretch one, goes under the pasture :)  I've checked, but, it too is transparent, haha.  :)

So, the question comes back to:  is it possible to have these new sets created, but with a grass texture please, to fill in those large areas, and some tiny areas, please :)

And another question, why are there nearly 40 tile deep borders on small and medium maps ...  ugggggghhhhhhhh ...  hahaha ;)
(not seriously needing an answer, it's just a ridiculous amount of wasted space ;) )

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]