News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Shrine

Started by Storyteller, June 14, 2015, 01:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storyteller

hello, I am Storyteller. I picked up Banished recently and enjoy the game. I am interested in a few small building mods.
To get started, I thought I might build a very simple Shrine, for the pagan villagers that are more comfortable in the forest than a church. I think its a nice small, mostly decorative item and can add a bit of fantasy flair.

Right now, Im just getting ideas out, Im thinking an Obelisk that is 3x3 n the ground and 5m tall, with runes carved in each side.
I also thought maybe a circle of stones or raised platform.

The Shrine does not need a profession, or goods. It provides a passive happiness bonus to a small area around it.

I will post some drawings later. If this goes well, I thought perhaps a Temple or Stonehenge like building.
I have a couple other very simple, small mods Id like to do, but this one would be I think a good place to start, as it is static and should not require a lot of code.

thank you.

EDIT   I have attached a sketch of what I m thinking

A is a plain obelisk, or an obelisk with a place to stand  (I guess that should be 2 different ones)
B is like a raised platform with some stones
C, I cant really explain, its like two 'C' crisscrossing at diagonals, but shaped like antlers, its ard to explain...  Imodel better than I draw, so maybe I will just make it. I think I will just start with the plain obelisk next...

RedKetchup

i already started to draw Stonedge :) with my archeology feature.
i didnt work on my mods some many weeks, out maybe 1 hour per week.... but at some point i ll get back to it ;)

i planned to make stone edge not staffed, only as an Archeology Restaured Site. but who knows, maybe one day i can decide to staff it by druides lol and make it act like a church ^^

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Storyteller

Cool, I'm looking at much smaller for now. You actually have a couple of buildings I was thinking of doing myself .

namely the water wheel-mill and the bakery. for now, I just want to get the hang of things I attached an image above of my 3 basic ideas.

AzemOcram

Those sketches look cool. I think your mod would add something new, interesting, and currently unimplemented into Banished. I will check back to see your progress in the future.

--Ocram

Storyteller

thank you! I will be modeling tomorrow and have base meshes/wireframes to view!

RedKetchup

but go ahead :) everything you ll do will be very welcomed @Storyteller :)

Storyteller

ok, I have my rather crude and simple model made, UV mapped and textured with a fairly basic texture (complete with 'symbol' font for greek letters!)

now how do I go about making this a simple structure in game? It needs to be FBX right?
and then what?

Id like to just get this going and have each one add +1% of current Happiness to total happiness, if I can, so like, 100 of them would double your happiness, or in other words, increase happiness by a very small, non game changing amount, making them decorative, but worth building.

Im trying to get the hang of this, for a much, much larger project. One I will probably need to collab on, but I think will be 'pretty awesome'

RedKetchup

yup fbx :)
your mesh need to in 1 piece, need to make at least a copy of the same mesh showing evolution of the building process.
need a row of dummies called build_00x for the builders, use_00x for the workers/users and create_00x if you are creating something. all that linked to another dunny called 'points'
and then there is all the code :)