News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Creating a 3d model house in blender and making it available in game

Started by Discrepancy, June 26, 2016, 09:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: hadrian900 on June 27, 2018, 05:41:25 AM
Still, why does my model shows wrong UV\texture despite being set correctly?

do you have seperate AO files for mesh, build02, build01 ?
are you sure they are done correctly ? because it is not showing that way, did you left a good 2-3 pixels between every parts.
the links inside your AO.rsc Build02AO.rsc Build01AO.rsc have the good link and points to the good files ?

how i can go travel in astral and go see you so i can see if you ve done everything ok ? i see nothing from here.
if want me to check and fix it, you will have to drop your whole package down here.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

hadrian900

RedKetchup

edit in fact, i made those ao files, but it looks maybe something wrong with your meshes itself

redo your build 01 mesh and redo your build02 mesh. they have definitly something wrong

RedKetchup

Quote from: hadrian900 on June 28, 2018, 02:28:42 PM
build01 works right in the game.

redo your build02 then, should be easy, you make a clone of mesh. rename it build02 and then at that clone, you delete the roof , doors, windows, and everything you think it is necessairy and you keep the front/back walls. and you redo an AO file.

hadrian900

It's not as easy as you think, that would be different polygons, that need to be adjusted. You have the model, you can see yourself.

RedKetchup

Quote from: hadrian900 on June 28, 2018, 06:59:55 PM
It's not as easy as you think, that would be different polygons, that need to be adjusted. You have the model, you can see yourself.

thats up to you to see it through different polygons. i personally (and most of us) we always use the mesh copy, remove pieces and add a roof support like this (screenshot) how the builds are made and look depends entirely on how YOU, you decide :)

RedKetchup

but thats still ok :) anyway most of the time you wont ever get to look at that build02 before it has been completly built and functionnal
yes presently, as you build your mod you take a closer look on it, but in 2-3 weeks, you wont ever notice it or neither ever try to look at it.
i speak by experience.

hadrian900

I'm in complete awareness, however, people, with time, will notice details watching same thing again and again.

Many mods have poor texturing, I don't want to be in those numbers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: hadrian900 on June 29, 2018, 03:49:06 PM
I'm in complete awareness, however, people, with time, will notice details watching same thing again and again.

Many mods have poor texturing, I don't want to be in those numbers.

all comes with skills and experience :)
continue your good work and be patient to allow yourself time to learn.

Trizeropz

As a beginner in coding, I am very thankful for this! Gonna try myself in the next days

RedKetchup

Quote from: Trizeropz on August 29, 2018, 05:05:43 AM
As a beginner in coding, I am very thankful for this! Gonna try myself in the next days

wooot !!

Jinxiewinxie

I need some halp =( I'm stuck right before step 6.. my bat files work but then when I go in game and place down the house I created, it is REALLY dark. Like its not doing the texture right somehow. I've attached what it looks like in game vs. what it appears to look like in Blender. Any tips would be super appreciated!

RedKetchup

there are some tuto about the AO files but... you can still take a .pgn of 64x64 fully 100% white and replace your AO file with it.