News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Yes, I did like it. I will continue to play it but I'll be swapping back and forth between this one and The North. I like them both.
The North isn't quite so hard on my computer too.  ;) But that's OK. I still like this mod enough to deal with the lowered graphic settings. .

Great Job!  ;D

Edit 1: BTW! I like those 3 story houses.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 04:03:11 PM
Edit 1: BTW! I like those 3 story houses.  :)

once the start basement of the town done with resources around, go ahead and start the glass / lumber chains. unlike the wood/stone/iron chains which will always deplecate by razing all things near, you get unlimited resources created from the earth, a slow but very stable pace of resources. And then, you continue to build and develop by choosing Advanced building and Lumber/bricks/glass housing alongs with the other resources that are now thinner and more rare in stock.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Very fun so far. I keep restarting at about 5 years because I'm having fun changing start order and trying different things.  Had some things to do this afternoon but I'll be back at it this evening.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 13, 2018, 05:01:58 PM
once the start basement of the town done with resources around, go ahead and start the glass / lumber chains. unlike the wood/stone/iron chains which will always deplecate by razing all things near, you get unlimited resources created from the earth, a slow but very stable pace of resources. And then, you continue to build and develop by choosing Advanced building and Lumber/bricks/glass housing alongs with the other resources that are now thinner and more rare in stock.

Yes, I'm already making glass, brisks, lumber and roof tiles. I'm not sure what you mean by Advanced building though.

I'm up to 20 years now on this map. Starting mining for coal so I can better tools and stuff.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 05:49:59 PM
Yes, I'm already making glass, brisks, lumber and roof tiles. I'm not sure what you mean by Advanced building though.

advanced buidings is everything that needs lumber/bricks/copper/glassware/glass/etc.. which are not primary resources but secondary and tierce production materials.

there are many and will have more to come.

Hawk

Ah! OK! I'm already building the advanced buildings then.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

brads3

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 13, 2018, 03:53:43 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 02:32:20 PM
Would the Forester gather more logs if they didn't have to gather flowers and fodder-thatch?

the job of the forester is plant and harvest trees. but when he plants, at the exact same tile it has something there, he needs to harvest what is there so he can plant his tree.
his job isnt gather flowers or fodder-thatch but if he need to clear the tile so we can have a tree, he needs to do it.

since now you also have flowers / thatch / copper on the ground  .... for sure you see him clear a flower/thatch and thats normal. but he is not there for that

i like this concept. NECORA added similar with the pine  mod and TOM has tried it with the north,though i admit i haven't tested yet. the old way if their was food,a blueberry bush,roots,etc; the banies would throw it away when planting trees. weith the pine mod bird nests and traps got tore out by the laborers and the eggs and furs were wasted.now laborers can clear traps as they find them and gather more items. foresters are also less destructive now. think of it this way,your wife goes out to pick blueberries and sees your trap has caught a rabbit. do you want her to come home and rwait for you to get home from work and then tell you? by now it probably is dark. or do you prefer her to bring the rabbit home at least? LOL.

that being said if something is overpowering like the flowers please mention that.you guys are doing a lot of testing and finding bugs. it is much appreciated.

Hawk

I went back into this map I started and treated the flowers and fodder like stone and iron/iron ore.
Red did include a button to harvest fodder and flowers so I just harvested the flowers and fodder from within the forester radius.
Now the foresters don't gather that stuff but instead spend their time planting and cutting. I don't think they actually cut more trees but it's a nice physiological play.  :)

You can trade flowers at the trading post for 1 unit. You can also make perfume with flowers and trade that for 8 units.
To make perfume you only need flowers and water.

The flowers do make the map look pretty though.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Quote from: brads3 on January 13, 2018, 06:33:55 PM
that being said if something is overpowering like the flowers please mention that.you guys are doing a lot of testing and finding bugs. it is much appreciated.

The jury's still out but after doing a few different starts I'm kind of getting a feeling the ground spawns are a tad too dense.  Not so much that the variety is bad, necessarily, but there's just so much of everything it takes quite a while to slog through it all if you're trying to get forestry going properly.  In fact, on the next one I think I'm going to start with fishing to buy some time for that instead of going my usual route.  Because you need to build everything else too, and that's slower because of the amount of things that need to be cleared, also.

Also, some intermediary construction buildings would be very helpful.  Maybe slower and less efficient than the full size version.  I've got my start reasonably dialed in but have yet to get a tailor up before running out of coats.  Which is fine, just tweaks the OCD a bit.  It's going to be a challenge for people who like getting schools up early.  And it would be cool to be able to hold off on building the full size versions in your actual town.  The ones I'm building early will probably be demolished later.

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

thanks for all the insights :)
i already made a little changed. in the past i really wanted to get some colors and get a nice cover of flowers and back in that time, i made them kinda immortal (-1 everliving)
so i took it back now and make them dying like a tree

even if the spawn is slower, the fact they will always stay there, with years, they keep stacking. so the flora will be more moving , changing and refreshing.

but before to make an update, i want to add the mills so we can make some flour and bakeries going on :)

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 06:57:46 PM
I went back into this map I started and treated the flowers and fodder like stone and iron/iron ore.
Red did include a button to harvest fodder and flowers so I just harvested the flowers and fodder from within the forester radius.
Now the foresters don't gather that stuff but instead spend their time planting and cutting. I don't think they actually cut more trees but it's a nice physiological play.  :)

Actually, that reminds me of something that occurred to me earlier...If you are clearing everything, there's the usual tool for that.  But if you want to clear everything but trees for forestry it takes like 6 passes with the individual tools.  Some combo tools would be handy.  Like one for stone, iron, and copper and another for fodder, flowers, and food?

Hawk

Flour! YAAAAYY!  ;D

I think I built the school about year 3, but I never did run out of clothes. Nope! Not me! I ran out of tools. LOL! Go figure that one out. LOL!
I started on Medium starting condition with 40 tools and 30 clothes and had to built a lumber mill for lumber to build the tailor and still ran out of tools before clothes.

Quote from: Maldrick on January 13, 2018, 07:26:18 PM
Actually, that reminds me of something that occurred to me earlier...If you are clearing everything, there's the usual tool for that.  But if you want to clear everything but trees for forestry it takes like 6 passes with the individual tools.  Some combo tools would be handy.  Like one for stone, iron, and copper and another for fodder, flowers, and food?

You would then have to make smaller passes because the Bannies will have more to gather in one pass. Might work out about the same.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 13, 2018, 07:24:00 PM
thanks for all the insights :)
i already made a little changed. in the past i really wanted to get some colors and get a nice cover of flowers and back in that time, i made them kinda immortal (-1 everliving)
so i took it back now and make them dying like a tree

even if the spawn is slower, the fact they will always stay there, with years, they keep stacking. so the flora will be more moving , changing and refreshing.

but before to make an update, i want to add the mills so we can make some flour and bakeries going on :)

Very cool, Red.  It's mostly just an observation from a few hours of play.  Right now I'm just playing around with different starts and it occurred to me it might be a bit too dense. That's not to say it is though. It takes a bit to unchain your thinking from old approaches.  Thinking there might be new creative ways to utilize it all that's completely different from the usual.

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 07:31:07 PM
Flour! YAAAAYY!  ;D

I think I built the school about year 3, but I never did run out of clothes. Nope! Not me! I ran out of tools. LOL! Go figure that one out. LOL!
I started on Medium starting condition with 40 tools and 30 clothes and had to built a lumber mill for lumber to build the tailor and still ran out of tools before clothes.

Haha yeah, that's pretty much what it comes down to, it seems.  Tools vs clothes.  With a hard start, at least.  Which is why I'm thinking about starting with fishing on the next one.  It's almost reflexive to go with a forest cluster at this point...what I always do.  But with the amount of clearing involved it may be smoother to go fishing for food early, streamline the early buildings, then go for forestry.

We shall see. Back at it shortly. It's super fun experimenting with all of this.  Thank you, again, RK. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 13, 2018, 07:26:18 PM
Like one for stone, iron, and copper and another for fodder, flowers, and food?

it wouldnt make it too easy ?