Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 13, 2018, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: Maldrick on January 13, 2018, 07:26:18 PM
Like one for stone, iron, and copper and another for fodder, flowers, and food?

it wouldnt make it too easy ?

Would it?  I don't really equate that with difficulty.  Just saves time having to go over the same area multiple times with the removal tools.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Totally random question...What flag is processed copper?  Iron?  I know the ore is minerals but made a note to double check where the finished copper goes so I use the right stockpile.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Hawk

Copper goes in the Construction Stockpile.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

RedKetchup

haha i think i reduced the grass and flowers too much by taking out the immortality ^^
i know i had grass and flowers around when i started.... and after 6-7 years i was wondering ... why i dont have any fodder... and i look around on the map, i almost saw nothing ^^ i saw some to remember me : it is ON ... but thats it lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Eek!  Don't go crazy with it, RK.  Or change it at all if you're happy with it.  Was just an observation after a few hours of play. Feels like it slows things down a lot but that's not the worst thing necessarily. Extra challenge is good.

I was just mentioning it as it was something I'd noticed being a big difference. But that's not necessarily bad, either.  Mostly curious what others thought when playing, really.

RedKetchup

keep in mind, the struggle can come from where you start. start next a big huge meadow.... and you will struggle with it like pesky herbs ^^
last time it was a pretty  forest i started.

but still i look all over the map after 6 years iand i was seeing 1 spawn here and a spawn there in another zone ^^

Maldrick

Still playing with different starts.  So fun!  I'm bound and determined to get a solid start on Hard where I don't run out of anything.  Keep trying different approaches and they all go a bit differently.  Really interesting how you can mix this up.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on January 14, 2018, 05:42:04 AM
Still playing with different starts.  So fun!  I'm bound and determined to get a solid start on Hard where I don't run out of anything.  Keep trying different approaches and they all go a bit differently.  Really interesting how you can mix this up.

GLAD to hear :)

me... it didnt gone well LOL

in this one.......
it was the only barn i had. 50 copper alloy tools, all my students... and all my 5000 food..... all gone lol ( i did quit after the 16th death  :( ) (it started inside the blacksmith building, the toolmaker was too much negligent)

Hawk

A fire like that can really wipe you out early in the game. For that matter, it can put a hurt on you later in the game.

I should try to try and play with disasters on one day.  :-\ It's been so long.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 14, 2018, 06:05:16 AM

GLAD to hear :)

me... it didnt gone well LOL

in this one.......
it was the only barn i had. 50 copper alloy tools, all my students... and all my 5000 food..... all gone lol ( i did quit after the 16th death  :( ) (it started inside the blacksmith building, the toolmaker was too much negligent)

Oh no! LOL  That's brutal.

I finally juggled out a super smooth start, got all the essentials built.  Just a school to go after this next house and I'm set on the basics, I think.  But, go figure, the hunter has gone a year with no kills.  Deer everywhere AROUND the circle but they know where not to go, it seems.  Down to 2 coats from start so hopefully soon.  Might just stick another in town till I can get the next cluster started.

Question...Am I losing my mind or did the school require Lumber before? Change it with this version?  Could have sworn it needed Lumber yesterday.

Hawk

I just tried a hard start, without disasters, and lost most of the Bannies near the end of the first winter.
Maybe adding some smaller 'start' type buildings would help a bit, like a deer hunter and a smaller tailor and blacksmith; maybe a smaller woodcutter.
That would make the need for other mods less, or one would have to be very, very good at this game.  :)

Just thinking out loud.  ;)   
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 06:17:56 AM
A fire like that can really wipe you out early in the game. For that matter, it can put a hurt on you later in the game.

I should try to try and play with disasters on one day.  :-\ It's been so long.  ::)

Yeah, I'm with you, Hawk.  Besides the first week I played Banished I don't think I've played with disasters on in any city builder since like SimCity 2k or something.  25 years ago? lol

Hawk

Quote from: Maldrick on January 14, 2018, 07:23:12 AM
I finally juggled out a super smooth start, got all the essentials built.

On hard? Good job. You're a better man than I.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 14, 2018, 07:27:42 AM
Quote from: Maldrick on January 14, 2018, 07:23:12 AM
I finally juggled out a super smooth start, got all the essentials built.

On hard? Good job. You're a better man than I.  ;D

Yeah, on Hard but we'll see how it goes.  I did it by building houses slower than I usually do so we'll see what kind of population hell this creates in a few years. lol