Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pilgrim

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

I'd like to chime in here and let you all know that most of Red's mods are working well with the Editor's choice Beta.   I've been playing the Beta with the old mods - trying to find the ones that won't work with the Beta.  So far, "Garden Walls Utility" and  "Medieval Clay Pit" are not working, but "Training Camp" works so far.   I've noticed a few issues with the Menus, Lots of dots instead of Icons, but I think they are repeated mods from old mods that are in the beta that are causing this.    I will keep you all posted as I find mods that don't work, but so far all my faves from Kid, DS and EB are working well.   I'll report the ones that don't work as I find them!     
By the way, Red, I must compliment you on the music, absolutely wonderful.  I find myself humming along and tapping my feet.   Love it!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

@adelegarland  if you want to test with mods,we could get real crazy. did you try adding the CC ompatability 1.07 mod to see if it will help the old clay pit work? be nice to see some pics also. how are the crops working? which claypit did you try, the full NMT set?? LOL,with the garden utility mod added,how did the fodder function?  i got too many questions....

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on January 31, 2018, 05:13:46 PM
So far, "Garden Walls Utility" and  "Medieval Clay Pit" are not working, but "Training Camp" works so far.   

it is normal and should not be used, they are 100% fully integrated in RK Editor Choice and no longer expected to still use. at some point some old design/texture need to be deleted and, mourn and continue to live without it :)

yes everything from fodder function is back and extended to a point it never reached

next beta build will start to be : Open betas.
next build will contain all the nmt building but the corner/T houses (and archeology). archeology will totally disappear. the 1st floor business that fit under the house will come in the next patch after.

RedKetchup

Medieval Granary done :)
store only food : 8x5, 9000 cap.

next one, Root Cellar

RedKetchup

Hawk

I like the crates on the crane arm on the granary. The root cellars are cool too.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 31, 2018, 10:44:11 PM
I like the crates on the crane arm on the granary. The root cellars are cool too.  :)

yeah that was my idea back in time when i decided to do something different from the normal barn :)

Discrepancy

I like them too :) they were what inspired and influenced me to make the DS Small Village Warehouses have cranes/pulleys etc.

the Granary has always been a favorite of mine.

RedKetchup

Hawk

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 01, 2018, 01:10:32 AM
I like them too :) they were what inspired and influenced me to make the DS Small Village Warehouses have cranes/pulleys etc.

@Discrepancy - As much as I've used your Small Village, I can't believe I never noticed that.  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

adelegarland

Quote from: brads3 on January 31, 2018, 05:37:11 PM
@adelegarland  if you want to test with mods,we could get real crazy. did you try adding the CC ompatability 1.07 mod to see if it will help the old clay pit work? be nice to see some pics also. how are the crops working? which claypit did you try, the full NMT set?? LOL,with the garden utility mod added,how did the fodder function?  i got too many questions....
@brads3 I have over 200 mods in my everyday game.   I just added the Editor's Choice at the top and am deleting the items that won't work, such as NatDiv, DS Terraains, Gardenwalls Utility and Full Clay Pit.   The CC compatibility is loaded but didn't help with the fodder.   The clay pit from the editor's choice works beautifully instead of the old one.  Fodder farmer is no longer needed because of the plethora of fodder growing wild.  DS Small village is working well with everything loaded, so far I'm very happy with my results.
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 31, 2018, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: adelegarland on January 31, 2018, 05:13:46 PM
So far, "Garden Walls Utility" and  "Medieval Clay Pit" are not working, but "Training Camp" works so far.   

it is normal and should not be used, they are 100% fully integrated in RK Editor Choice and no longer expected to still use. at some point some old design/texture need to be deleted and, mourn and continue to live without it :)

yes everything from fodder function is back and extended to a point it never reached

next beta build will start to be : Open betas.
next build will contain all the nmt building but the corner/T houses (and archeology). archeology will totally disappear. the 1st floor business that fit under the house will come in the next patch after.
@RedKetchup   Thanks for the update!   A list of integrated mods would be nice so I can eliminate the old ones that are already in the Beta.  BUT - only if you have time!  I know how much work you are putting in on this one and I thing you are doing a great job!

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on February 01, 2018, 05:58:29 AM
The CC compatibility is loaded but didn't help with the fodder. 

Fodder farmer is no longer needed because of the plethora of fodder growing wild.

2 questions about those 2 things:

why do you need help with the fodder ?

and the 2nd one is more a statement: fodder farmer is inside RK Editor Choice , should be somewhere in the toolbars.

adelegarland

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 01, 2018, 06:14:22 AM
Quote from: adelegarland on February 01, 2018, 05:58:29 AM
The CC compatibility is loaded but didn't help with the fodder. 

Fodder farmer is no longer needed because of the plethora of fodder growing wild.

2 questions about those 2 things:

why do you need help with the fodder ?

and the 2nd one is more a statement: fodder farmer is inside RK Editor Choice , should be somewhere in the toolbars.

1. Early on in the game I found that some of the older buildings (from other mods) still require thatch/fodder for building, I thought a fodder farmer would establish an area just for growing fodder so I wouldn't have to harvest it manually.

2. I saw that there is a manual harvest for fodder, but I'm not sure where there is a Fodder farmer in the Editor Choice - I'll look again for a farmer!