News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

@smurphys7; a good greenhouse produces about 1000 beans/corn each year.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 27, 2018, 09:02:29 AM

Worse, if I started to order diamonds. Even with the ordering cost, it would give an annual profit more than 30 000 if you produced diamond jewels. I don´t know how much diamonds a merchant would bring. Anyhow, in your case @RedKetchup I would try to limit the possibility to buy gemstones.

it is already at lowest limit :S

the only thing i can do is asking to not bring any precious flag
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

if you had 6 miners in 7 mines = 42 citizens . to feed them it ask you 42,000 food per year. or it is 4,200 ? lol

but maybe it is the best to close that flag from merchants ? and that way too , you will be happy to see they dont try to sell a silver pendant ? hehe
(which you asked many times ^^)

brads3

Nilla are you arguing with yourself now? you had RED tweak the numbers cause you compared the # of workerrs and the amount of space to farmers. the whole chain functions based on YOUR math.

i like excess fodder since my bannies burn some and use it for construction including RED's wood houses. i'd still like a milk stable to eat fodder and give milk and fertilizer,maybe small amounts of leather.that would add more food to the chain and help Nilla's math comparison too.

Nilla

Quote from: brads3 on March 27, 2018, 09:12:23 AM
Nilla are you arguing with yourself now? you had RED tweak the numbers cause you compared the # of workerrs and the amount of space to farmers. the whole chain functions based on YOUR math.

i like excess fodder since my bannies burn some and use it for construction including RED's wood houses. i'd still like a milk stable to eat fodder and give milk and fertilizer,maybe small amounts of leather.that would add more food to the chain and help Nilla's math comparison too.

If he tweaked them, it was the opposite way, as I suggested, but it doesn't matter. It's his mod and I'm happy with it. And he just said, that he increased the fodder production, so be happy.

Again to the jewels. It's not easy. If you take them away from the merchants, the jeweler will not be used often in a normal game, it would be a pity. It's nice. If you leave them, there would be a possible product with an enormous profit. What about gold and silver? I guess the merchants already bring as little as possible. If you choose to mine for the precious gems, somewhere there had to be a profit. Maybe take them away from the merchants and increase the probability to find a gemstone or change the recipe of the gemcutter, to give more than 1 gemstone from each gem, and maybe lower the profit from each jewel.

RedKetchup

i already deleted all precious from the resource merchant in all the TP including the canal ones.
they will still sell gold and silver. they wont come to see you with silver pendants ^^^and gems ^^

and also , i remind the fact i changed the work required for resources in the mines, including the random mine :) so should get more chances of random gems

Nilla

I just made a screenshot from one of my fodder-fertilizer greenhouse area. The values are very typical and also has a pedagogic value.;)

There is one greenhouse where the production was very bad last year. The chart where this greenhouse should get its dung is full of clay and sand. I also guess that there wasn´t very much fertilizer in the other chart quite close to this greenhouse, so the botanist had to walk far to get it. This can easily happen. Sometimes ther´s fertilizer enough but despite more wells than needed, no water in the close barns. This also sets the production down.

Edit; As I wanted to close the picture I saw that I made a mistake as I set the arrows. I hop this time it´s right.

brads3

how are you finding the gold and silver chain,NILLA?

RedKetchup

note maybe the change i made to grass maybe it will have no impact .. i dunno, testing will clearify this.

btw, i just changed the death selector of stonecutter/miner to number similar to the hunter/forester numbers which seems the lowest after.

Nilla

I haven't really looked at the values for gold and silver. It's a small product. It's profitable to process what you find on the ground to bars at the foundry, but you'll never have so much, that it will help you support the settlement. Mining for it hasn't payed off and I doubt it will, even after these changes Red talks about. I just looked at @smurphys7 spreadsheet and it says too, that especially gold bars has a high win, related to worktime. But you'll need the ore and it's rare, at least in this mod.

I can live with the higer probability of accidents but if this makes us more willing to mine ourselves, it´s not a bad idea.

RedKetchup

you cannot get a game with 10,000 stones 16,000 iron ... etc neither.
so it still needs to stay more rare than food lol

so about the change of precious with merchants ? good or bad ?

RedKetchup

i also put all the profession in alpha order :)

i did like CC:
laborer first
builder 2nd
farmer 3rd
-------------
all the others in order.

Denis de la Rive

First, I think that you are finding a good balance to the jewelry chain, removing some flags from merchants will fix much of it. You can't fix the actual numbers the merchants bring, but its the best we can do. If this continues to be a problem, you can change the input/output formula or the final trade value. Work is already high, if I remember as is the difference between educated, uneducated. I don't need the numbers. This is possibly the best that can be done.

I think that a mod with production chains, needs at lest one chain that can be used to for trading, if only to save you after something bad happens.

The other changes also make sense, it will improve the storage situation. I always found it strange that you could not use the water from the food well for firefighting, so that is a good fix.

All things considered, I like how you are playing with what are minor factors like the death % to make your mode even more different from vanilla. You are looking at the whole game, not just a single factor, and that makes a better mod. :)

Little UI changes too!  :)

Nilla

I think these changes; no precious from merchants are good. Otherwise you would need to change the recipes from the jeweler. What I don't know, is how this coexist with other mods. Here I guess we must ask our friends @brads3. Are there mods you can load and get the diamonds and have some 30 000 profit from one site? Are there other precious things, people like to buy from the merchants who also disappears?

What about merchants buying precious? Do they still want to buy my jewels? I hope so, otherwise it would be bad.

smurphys7

Is reducing the value and/or quantity produced of Jewelry Maker products not feasible?

If my math was correct, the Random Mine and the Gem Cutter were not issues.  If anything, those two need increased results.  The Jewelry Maker edit and the foundry are the sources of large profitability issues.