News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedom

The hops look fine to this player. They are obvious and distinctly different enough from other crop/orchard models that they won't be confused for anything else. I enjoy the brewers efforts but haven't seen hops growing so a hop plant without a support system is not something I'd notice. If an easy tweak makes the model more realistic, great. If it becomes more involved, I don't know that this player would properly appreciate all the added work that you put into it. 

In perspective, the game is full of oversized mushrooms, bannies who walk across the bottom of rivers to place logs at a building site, but who then freeze death because they won't take a half step off a dock piece that isn't connected to the next one yet, etc, etc. Absolute accuracy is not a requirement in my opinion.

Hawk

Quote from: Freedom on May 29, 2018, 08:37:02 AM
In perspective, the game is full of oversized mushrooms, bannies who walk across the bottom of rivers to place logs at a building site, but who then freeze death because they won't take a half step off a dock piece that isn't connected to the next one yet, etc, etc. Absolute accuracy is not a requirement in my opinion.

That 'bout sums up the realism of banished.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

I think it's a nice model already. I would suggest to try it in a cropfield instead an orchard. And to add some small poles or things like that where they can climb. Just like in the picture here. Would not make problems with rotation.

rkelly17

Somewhere back in the caves of my mind I have a recollection that I've seen hops growing on tipi-like structures set up in rows. Would that help?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 29, 2018, 09:20:08 AM
I think it's a nice model already. I would suggest to try it in a cropfield instead an orchard. And to add some small poles or things like that where they can climb. Just like in the picture here. Would not make problems with rotation.

but you need to keep in mind about the small poles would "grow" as same as the plant itself. although i made it so it will be full growth the 2nd year and start to give hops the 2nd autumn.

BTW, all, i will release a beta 13 soon in a day or 2. and after it will be an RC build which wont be compatible.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

If you made a set of ghost deco pieces for poles then they will all line up. The plants could just be a column of green that isn't directional, similar to what you have already modelled. It would be interesting to see an orchard that has wooden support structures and vines rather than just trees.

Tom Sawyer

Ah yes, a ghosted item for poles or racks from a deco toolbar would solve it. Players can put them on the field if they want a perfect look or not if they don't care. I like this idea. About the plant, as far as I know they harvest it completely every year and it grows new from the ground in spring. There are actually no wooden parts staying in winter as it is with wine or such.

elemental

I would like to see ghost deco poles used with other crops such as tomatoes and cucumbers. It would make the fields look a bit more interesting.

RedKetchup

for the moment, i dont have any plans to release some deco poles... not for the moment.

compiling a last one to see if a last minute change in the UI of the tavern is ok... and then i will zip the Beta 13 and upload it :)

RedKetchup

Build Beta 13 is available !!!!:

Changed all the tavern/alcohol production chain. Although you will able to continue to make the old ale (which has been lowered to 6 value), you will now able to make beer and strong beer.
A new building has been made : The MaltHouse. This new building will take your grain and make a new resource: malt. the tavern will take your malt and make beers of it. Strong beer will also require hops resource, the value of beer will be 8 value, strong beer will have a value of 10. A new orchard plant : Hops has been made.

it is possible i made some tweaks here and there... but i can't remember what ^^ hehe

WARNING Save Compatibilities: you ABSOLUTELY need to destroy all your taverns in all your RK Ed save games before making the switch or you wont be able to load those save games. This is because the look of the tavern has changed, making it non compatible with old vanilla tavern.

Enjoy !!

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 30, 2018, 04:46:25 PM
Although you will able to continue to make the old ale (which has been lowered to 6 value), you will now able to make beer and strong beer.
A new building has been made : The MaltHouse. This new building will take your grain and make a new resource: malt. the tavern will take your malt and make beers of it. Strong beer will also require hops resource, the value of beer will be 8 value, strong beer will have a value of 10. A new orchard plant : Hops has been made.

Oh darn! Now my favorite trade gambit--ale for everything--will be less profitable. But if I can make real beer I guess I can live with it. The existential question is, should I use barley and make lager or should I use wheat and make hefeweisen?  ;)

Nilla

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 31, 2018, 11:19:06 AM
The existential question is, should I use barley and make lager or should I use wheat and make hefeweisen?  ;)

Build two breweries and make both! They look so good, that you will not be satisfied with building only one. :)

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on June 01, 2018, 01:17:52 AM
Build two breweries and make both! They look so good, that you will not be satisfied with building only one. :)

Of course! The perfect solution! Why didn't I think of that? Now, if two breweries is good . . . .

RedKetchup

for the moment, i made a pause on animals... not going super well on this and cause i ve got a very good news on this (which cant make official yet...)

i was adding some wonderful colors to Boston Houses 2 :) generously made by @elemental  :)

so far i added +6 colors (from a set of 16 provided by elemental)

they look wonderful !!

elemental

I'm glad you like them, but you don't have to use them all. I made lots of them because it's hard to know how they will look in the game. So just pick and choose which ones you think are best and leave out the others. We can fine tune some of the colours if they aren't right. I'd say the yellow one could be better. Perhaps more of a pale yellow?