News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelegarland

Hey Red, I played all day yesterday and found no problems, in fact it was running very smoothly.  LOVE the new wildlife!   I'm going to play more this afternoon and will look for anything hinky.  This is a fantastic release, I'm very happy with it.
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Abandoned

:) yes, small map, that is what I am think too.  Looking forward to it.

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 18, 2018, 03:58:42 AM
the thing with the RNG at the start of the game is you can get 2X times the same thing. it was also the same with crops and orchards. But those 2 since the list is extremly long, the chance to get 2 times the same is very very rare. Livestock list is very small so instead to get 2x 6 animals, you sometimes get 1x 12 animals (you get 2 times 6 animal of the same breed)

I didn't even think about that, or notice how many, but I think you're right. I did see two different colors of longhorns and goats. I didn't pay any attention to the count of each when I finally got two different types of animals, but thinking back I do believe there were 12 cows and 12 goats.

That said, now that you fixed it, I wonder if the fix was even necessary. Understanding how something works goes a long way to understanding it. LOL!

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 18, 2018, 03:58:42 AM
about shepherd versus farmer : i imagined shepherd are more like going in the wilderness and feed their herds with the grass in meadows... so i thought a cart would be better. while farmers they more have the same crops that doesnt move year after year at same place, and a very little barn was more appropriate

That does explain it.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

longhorns comes in 2 colors, the goats too in 2 colors. in the wilderness, bears too comes in 2 colors.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

I realize that now. Each color is 1 livestock option, correct?
So for the Shepherd start, 2 livestock could be (or was) 6 white goats and 6 grey goats, or 6 spotted longhorns and 6 tan longhorns. Do I understand that right?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on June 18, 2018, 08:57:15 AM
So for the Shepherd start, 2 livestock could be (or was) 6 white goats and 6 grey goats, or 6 spotted longhorns and 6 tan longhorns. Do I understand that right?

the game give you 2 livestocks of 6 each. some of these have 2 colors so 1 set of 6 can be 3-3 (3 grey 3 white)(or)(3 spotted,3 plain)
the RNG can give you 2 time the same selection like 2 times goats and nothing else. you would get 3-3 + another 3-3 which at the end would give you 6 white and 6 grey but thats all, and wont get another kind of animals since the game already gave you 2x goats livestock.

the color means nothing. some are female some are male,  the deer has some horns, some without horns.
goats some are grey some are white.

if i wanted, i could made the male cows black&white, and the female cows red&white but i prefered to make 2 different animals.

RedKetchup

i made some other little fixes...

i moved the MaltHouse icon to the RK Resources toolbar.
i changed the tooltip of Collect Iron to Collect Iron Ore.
i made bigger (2) the year/previous_year window of the BlackSmith for more names (4 now)

thanks to EstherHB for the findings.

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 18, 2018, 09:57:35 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 18, 2018, 08:57:15 AM

the game give you 2 livestocks of 6 each. some of these have 2 colors so 1 set of 6 can be 3-3 (3 grey 3 white)(or)(3 spotted,3 plain)
the RNG can give you 2 time the same selection like 2 times goats and nothing else. you would get 3-3 + another 3-3 which at the end would give you 6 white and 6 grey but thats all, and wont get another kind of animals since the game already gave you 2x goats livestock.

the color means nothing. some are female some are male,  the deer has some horns, some without horns.
goats some are grey some are white.

if i wanted, i could made the male cows black&white, and the female cows red&white but i prefered to make 2 different animals.

OK! I understand now. Thanks!  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Kimbolton

Hi Red,

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for this wonderful new mod and all the hard work you put into it.  I am sure it was quite a project!  I don't have much time to play right now but will try to test if I can. I along with everyone else here greatly appreciate all you do for us! :)

RedKetchup

i am trying to quickly draw a new church for church replacement. i hope to make it done within the 2-3 hrs :P

i am basing my model on the "old abandonned church" from NMT2.0 (it was a mesh i found free in the past as it was)

RedKetchup

so.... Live will be postponed a week. designing a new church (and after i ll do the pasture) i didnt made those and it is really a mess that i didnt redone those yet and have this great awesome theme mod incomplete like this with 2 building missing....
is just sad.

so i am doing those before Live.

sorry guys , i know i promised the Live for yesterday.
my bad

the church is going very slowly.... very slowly. i ve got to change my mind midway.. was in wood, now in stone...
i am far from finish.

LadyMarmalade

It's looking great so far!   Keep up the good work :)
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Gatherer

That entrance with four stone pillars would look cool as a standalone deco piece with stairs on all four sides. ;)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

elemental

Quote from: Gatherer on June 21, 2018, 08:20:27 AM
That entrance with four stone pillars would look cool as a standalone deco piece with stairs on all four sides. ;)

Very good idea. I can see it as a cemetery entrance. Google lichgate or lychgate to see what I am thinking of. But it would make a great standalone deco piece too.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on June 21, 2018, 03:31:59 PM
Quote from: Gatherer on June 21, 2018, 08:20:27 AM

Very good idea. I can see it as a cemetery entrance. Google lichgate or lychgate to see what I am thinking of. But it would make a great standalone deco piece too.

ok