News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cannot Install the 1,05 Beta Patch

Started by Thorgrimm, March 28, 2016, 12:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorgrimm

I tried to find a help thread, so if I posted this in the wrong place I apologize for that mistake.

The problem I have is that every time I try to patch my version of Banished, 1.0.4-Build 141103, with the Beta 5 Patch Version 1.0.5 - 151214.Beta I get the following error:

?isvalid@internalbaseptr@object@@eba_nxz Could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library Runtime-x64.DLL

This error ONLY occurs after patching with the Beta 5 Patch. If I do not patch the game then it works perfectly.

I have no idea what is happening, and I cannot update my game to use any mod requiring the new version.

So I am hoping some of the smart folks here can help with this problem.  :)

Cheers, Thor
The Mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be lit - Plutarch

A Nonny Moose

What O/S are you running? 

I put it in without a hitch, but I am running with Linux/wine using wine-1.9.6 (Staging) on Ubuntu 14.04.3.  My windows decor is set to Windows 7.

You may be missing a windows component or have a wrong version.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Thorgrimm

@A Nonny Moose, I am running Windows 7 Professional.

I originally thought of that. However, after I would patch the game and get that error, then go back to 1.04 there is no error. So I have no idea why.

The error is very specific and only happens only after I patch it to 1.05.

Cheers, Thor

A Nonny Moose

Did you try it with all your mods removed?  Just slip them into another folder away from the game.

Thorgrimm

Yep, sure did. I reinstalled the game, with nothing added. Then tried to patch, no go. Same error.

Cheers, Thor

A Nonny Moose

The only other thing I can think of is a transmission error on the patch.  Did you try downloading it again?

Thorgrimm

@ A Nonny Moose. Yep, I DL'ed it again from the official Banished Website.

As far as my diagnostic abilities takes me is that something needed by the 1.05 Update, in the Runtime-x64.DLL file included with the update is missing. Beyond that I have no idea. Moreover, why I am getting this error and nobody else has is disconcerting.

Cheers, Thor

Turis

Uninstall Banished, run Ccleaner to clear the registry, download and reinstall the game and then download and apply the 1.05 update.

Thorgrimm

@ Turis. I uninstalled Banished, ran CCleaner, restarted my machine, reinstalled Banished and patched to 1.05. Same error still occurred.  >:(

I appreciate your input Turis. Same goes with you, A Nonny Moose.  :)

Cheers, Thor

A Nonny Moose

Went back and looked at your error message again.  That message is saying that a DLL is not found by the search rules.  There is a possibility of an operating system loading error.  Do you have all the service packs for your O/S (Win 7?) loaded? 

I tried Googling for that exact error line you gave and got a search failure with a couple of suggestions.  Just pick up the line, open Google search, and paste it into the inquiry box and hit enter.  You should get the same suggestions.  Maybe one of them will solve your problem.

The error seems to describe a missing or malformed pointer.  Since others are not having this problem, the error seems to be on your machine.

Thorgrimm

The DLL is there, and if I replace it with the DLL in the 1.04 version there is no error.

I took the error to mean that the 1.05 version of the game cannot find something in the DLL which is included  with the patch. The error only occurs with the 1.05.

But I will try your suggestion.  :)

Cheers, Thor

Thorgrimm

One other question, does banished store any game data, such as video resolution somewhere else on the computer?

The reason I ask is that even when I used CCleaner on the registry, when I reinstalled Banished it loaded my old game settings, which included windowed mode. I thought that it would reset back to full mode.

Cheers, Thor

Turis

Look in your documents folder.

P.S.  By the way, did you delete the game folders after uninstalling?

Thorgrimm

@ Turis, I did a full uninstall, which removed the program folder, but I am unaware of any other folders. Hence my question above.

Does the game install folders in other locations?

Cheers, Thor

Turis

I already told you. Look in the documents folder. It should be in the root directory under computer. Also, not all the games delete their folders so it's better to check.