News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cannot Install the 1,05 Beta Patch

Started by Thorgrimm, March 28, 2016, 12:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorgrimm

The only other folder in the My Documents Directory was the save game folder. It was empty. I also did a search of my entire HDD for Banished, no other folder popped up.

Thanks for the help bud.  :)

Cheers, Thor
The Mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be lit - Plutarch

Admin

Two questions for you:

How's your malware protection?

Do you have all the .net updates for Windows 7 installed?

Thorgrimm

I use Norton, and scan using Malware Bytes.

I am pretty sure that I do. But I could not swear to it. My OS was updated recently, 3 weeks ago, IIRC.

How would I check to see if my .net is the latest version?

Cheers, Thor

Ixwa

Silly question, but are you using the original starting link? I ask this because the patch installs 2 new files - Application-x32.exe & Application-x64.exe.

You must start the new patched game from one of this 2 new files - x32 one for 32bit Windows & x64 one for 64bit Windows. The original starting link launches Application.exe (the original file) - launching that file will cause the error you have (tried it on my comp).

Hope this helps...

Thorgrimm

@Ixwa, you know, I think you may have stumbled upon the Answer! I have always used the original shortcut provided by the install! I had assumed that it updated that too!

I will immediately give it a try!

BTW, there is no such thing as a silly question, IMO!  ;D

Cheers, Thor

Thorgrimm

@Ixwa, that did the trick!  ;D

I would like to thank this forum, and its members, for giving me the aid that I needed to get the 1.05 patch up and running! Thanks folks!!

Now to try out the mods I really want to use, NMT and the Small Row Houses!

Cheers, Thor

RedKetchup

Happy you resolved your issus @Thorgrimm  :)
i am also very sorry if i didnt tried anything to help you since i felt that i was totally useless on this  :-X

i hope you will have alot of fun with NMT2.0 :)

-RedK
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Thorgrimm

@RedKetchup I think I will! Love what you have done for the game!

As for totally useless, I was not useful in tracking down the error. However, you good folks here were willing to help, and that is what matters!  ;D

Cheers, Thor

A Nonny Moose

Glad you tracked that down finally.  The reason I never encountered it was because of my controlled Windows decor which starts the game with this script:

#!/bin/bash
date
echo "Start Banished"
env WINEPREFIX="/home/john/.wine" nice -19 wine "C:/GOG Games/Banished/Application-x64.exe" \
&>~/banished.log
wine --version &>>~/banished.log
date

If I was using a 32-bit wine prefix, I would have used the other file.  Again, without trouble, I hope.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Thorgrimm

Thanks for all your help A Nonny Moose. Been enjoying the hell out of the game with NMT and the Small Town Row House mods.  ;D I am going to use NMT for high density population games, and the Row House Mod for low population density games!

Cheers, Thor

Admin

Glad it was a simple error!  Now you can go back to being happy!

Paeng

Quote from: Ixwa on March 30, 2016, 08:44:18 PMYou must start the new patched game from one of this 2 new files - x32 one for 32bit Windows & x64 one for 64bit Windows.

Great find, thanks for sharing... I'll also add that to my ever growing (s)hitlist of Banished quirks...

Cheers!
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

I have the same problem. Can't patch the game to 1.05. Did a full uninstall deleting all files in the game folder and the save folder itself in my documents and a fresh install and used the correct .exe file. No cookie.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.