Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tool Production glitch?

Started by Murokmakto, May 20, 2016, 05:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murokmakto

Hello,

following problem:
I suddenly run out of tools. Maybe due to new nomads, or something. I didnt really pay attention.
As a response I build new blacksmiths. Now I have running 11 Blacksmiths (9 big, 2 small) for my ~300 workers. The Production is much higher than the usage of tools. Still I have a tool crisis and most of my workers dont have tools. Where are my tools going? It seems like they are just vanishing. Im producing much more tools than I would need but the number of workers without tools keeps rising. Anyone got any ideas?

And there is one more thing: In order to conquer my tool crisis, I bought about 500 tools from a trader. Now these 500 tools are sitting in my trading post and no one is picking them up. The Limit is set to 0, yet they are not removed from the trading post. The only way I was able to get them out of the trading post was by demolishing it...

A Nonny Moose

I've often wondered if there wasn't some tools crisis problem built into the game, but I can usually find a reason for it like not enough logs or not enough iron or (gasp!) both.  The simulation does some weird things at times, like sending a Bannie all around Robin Hood's Barn when there is a perfectly short path.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

estherhb

Besides the tools you bought, are there tools in your trading posts? They won't count as total tools until they are taken out. Do you have room in your barns and markets?  Very odd.

Nilla

I find it odd, too.

If you have educated blacksmiths, 3 of them would be enough to support 500 inhabitants with tools. If they are uneducated, you will need much more, maybe 10. It's very bad to have uneducated blacksmiths and tailors. But even with only uneducated blacksmiths, you produce more than enough. There must be some logistic problem, maybe as @estherhb suggests, no space in barns and markets.

I see you play CC-mod. I don't have much experience, but I think there is a store house, I don't know the name, but it's big and you have to decide what's carried in there. @RedKetchup has one of them, too. People have no access to things, that are put into those storages, so it doesn't count as total (same as the trading port). Maybe your tools are in one of those. However that doesn't explain, why the tools, that you bought aren't leaving the port. If there is room in your barns and markets, maybe your traders have too many other things to do. In that case increase the number of traders or/and cut the orders of what should be carried into the port.

RedKetchup

i see you are using CC .... do you have iron ore ? (not the original iron, but iron ore, the new material from CC)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

The information in your screenshot is very odd. It shows that you have iron and logs (are you producing iron tools?) and it shows tool production to be higher than tool usage but 0 tools currently in inventory. It  is true that when a vendor takes items from storage to the market, those items disappear from inventory until they arrive at the market, but that mechanism alone shouldn't leave 173 citizens without tools.

I do notice you have 3 sick people. Is it possible that one of them is a vendor or trader that is "visiting the doctor" with a bunch of tools in inventory? Is it possible that a vendor or trader died while carrying a bunch of tools? If the citizen died the tools are gone. If the citizen makes it out of the hospital alive the tools should reappear.

Once 173 citizens have no tools it is going to take awhile for all of them to get tools again, but buying 500 ought to do the job. What kind of tools did you buy? Citizens will take the best tools you have first and then work their way down the quality tree to the lesser tools as supply shifts.

Very strange. Sometimes the citizens defy logic.

Murokmakto

Thanks for your help everybody!

I am using both CC and NMT mods. I eventually managed to fix my tool crisis, still I dont really know how it occured in first place.
The problem with the Tradingpost was fixed by building 2 large storage barns directly next to the trading post. Somehow that made the traders work. I dont know why they werent taking the stuff to the next town with many trading posts but it doestn really matter now since its working fine again. Buying tools solved my crisis. I bought about 1500 tools of all sorts I could get my hands on.

What I still dont understand is why I had no tools although I was producing far more than my people needed. At the moment there are 10 blacksmiths working in my town (10 workers at 5 large Smithies) which is kind of enough for my 420 people. My number of tools is slowly rising.
Buying about 1500 tools solved the crisis but it still doesnt explain where my tools were going during the crisis. As you can see from my screenshot I was producing far more tools than were needed.

There is a strange thing about resource production in general. During the crisis I also run out of iron eventually. I let about 40 people work in 2 mines to get Iron (not Iron Ore) and still it wasnt enough. Now there are only 10 working in 1 mine and I have all the Iron I need. Sometimes higher the number of workers doesnt seem to affect the output in any way.

I have an education rate of ~90% and the disease occured long after the tool crisis started. so it shouldnt have anything to do with that.