News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willows

I think he means the smaller sandpit, you find it in the menu that has also wild foods search, gold search, etc.

That one is finite, has a limit of 30, then it's done.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

Voeille

Looking at this thread, it seems like a very interesting mod. How much does it conflict with CC and other mods? That is, is it a crash type conflict or just causing a little chaos with flags? If it's the latter I won't mind, I like to have as many various mods I like active at the same time as possible.

Willows

I am not sure, but I don't think you can play The North with CC or Megamod. I think it's like it's own expansion, just like both CC and Megamod are, but I could be wrong.....?

galensgranny

Brads3 played a game mixing the North, the older CC version that came before the current version, and he also mixed in RedKetchup's Editor's Choice mod and one or two other mods that make some gameplay changes.  He wrote about it at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2367.0
Basically, there are glitches.  I never tried the North mixed with other game play changing mods, but I think it would be fun to try.  I just don't care much for snow, so I am waiting on "The North: Global Warming Version" with no snow.  :)

RedKetchup

that fishing pool is looking so great @Tom Sawyer !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: Willows on May 27, 2018, 02:42:41 PM
I think he means the smaller sandpit, you find it in the menu that has also wild foods search, gold search, etc.

That one is finite, has a limit of 30, then it's done.

There is no small sandpit. At least I've never seen any but there is a small claypit and in the latest version, it can be deleted without traces. It wasn't possible in earlier versions.

Quote from: Voeille on May 27, 2018, 02:50:05 PM
Looking at this thread, it seems like a very interesting mod. How much does it conflict with CC and other mods? That is, is it a crash type conflict or just causing a little chaos with flags? If it's the latter I won't mind, I like to have as many various mods I like active at the same time as possible.
As @galensgranny says; ask @brads3 or/and read his blog. As far as I understood, as I read it, there wasn't only "glitches", much of the gameplay changes, you get with the North seems to be gone, the way he finally got things to work. Why do you people always want everything at the same time? I like different games. But @Voeille; @Tom Sawyer has published some of his buildings as separate mods; no conflicts. There are also mods, that are recommended together with the North, so you don´t need to play it "pure". But unless you like to play with load orders of the mods and are prepared to spend a lot of time with trying to find anything that "halfways" work, I would hold especially CC/Megamod and the North apart.

Voeille

I don't use MegaMod, but plenty of separate mods (I prefer to pick and choose). I think I want everything at once because I come from The Sims series. That game has expansion packs and if you have more than one you play all of them at once (that's the default, if you want to play them separate you either need a mod/external program or fiddle with registry or change some settings, depends of which Sims you play), and that enriches the game a lot. It's the same with mods for that game, gigabytes of mods are normal, and again, like expansions, they enrich the gameplay a lot. I would like to play The North with the other mods I have, because I would have more building options, more deco, more production chains, more things to choose from. But if it's not possible, I might try The North separately (or at least without CC), because it really does seem interesting. And I like those buildings with grass on top a lot :) I have the cabin and the shed separately, and I like putting small ghosted trees on them so it looks like there are bushes growing on the roof. It probably sounds weird, but to me the more plants, the better :)

brads3

no wonder my ears are ringing... it is reccommended to play the NORTH without CC or RK. the main issues with the newer versions of CC is the conflicts between iron ore and the NORTH's iron bloom.there were things that can cause fatal errors. the issues i had with the NORTH above the RK  is the terrain options were limited to the darker texture.suppose  VOEILLE's terrains might solve those.

in my current setup i dropped the CC back to a 1.06 version. game speed is faster, since the combined mods now are smaller than what my mod order was before.there is give and take on what will or won't work.

NILLA, do i need to remind you i am nutz? my mod order is so touchy i do hate having to mess with it. it is nice to have the tools in the toolbox cause the maps and the bannies do write things themselves. there are good points to each mod set. CC brings the colonial buildings and the fort.that was the main reason for attempting to use a 1.06 CC version,to overcome issues with the separate fort mod. the RK brings better balanced chains,fodder-thatch use,upgraded markets,etc. the NORTH brings some rustic building styles,changes to climate,marketing,etc. is it perfect? no. there is much give and take. there are things from each mod that won't work at all. climates can be chaotic.there is no chickens from either RK or NORTH,so there is no bison,pheasants,grouse. there is no silver or gold ore from either.not complaints just facts.you won't get everything all in 1.

to give some insight. to redo the mod order takes about an hour.to clear the registry and re-enable and shuffle 130+mods.if you hit a button wrong,you start over. that is after you know what will work how and what order they need to be.some are very touchy about where they go.i actually have a couple now that have to be between 2 other mods to function. i don't recommend trying it to new players. rather not see them frustrated with 100 yr maps that crash.

zak4862

Greetings to you all!
First of all - thank you for all answers and comments.
  Nilla: I know for that option fishing pond-I just didnt want to use it. But after I ve seen your picture I am thinking about it.
          Its amazing and very beautiful. Thank you.

I am using just NORTH and some other smaller mods. There are two sizes of clay pit - big and smaller. I have the big one. Ive tried everything,but nothing
works.
   Anyway - again thank you to you all.
          Best regards zak4862

Tom Sawyer

Hi zak! There is an option in removal toolbar to mine some clay from the ground at the beginning. This spot vanishes when quitting this task and what people mean in last posts. The proper clay pits from brickworks cannot be removed. Only filled with water.

This ore/bloom thingy is burned into brads brain and cannot be removed too.^^ Actually it's the same as in CC with ore mined from the ground. Just the way of iron processing is different using a bloomery but it's not really a conflict. The reason why CC and the North don't work together is because they overwrite each other in many basic parts of the game. It's just like with aging mods where only one of them can be used because the mod on top overwrites the other one and you never can have two different aging values at the same time.

With different main mods it's the same. You can not have two sets of starting conditions or two sets of climates and terrains or different trade values and production numbers of one resource. Also not two sets of wild animals on a map or plants spawned by trees and so on. Buildings can be added side by side but many of them are connected with economy and environment. For example, at the Nordic campfire, hunters can craft reindeer parkas but with CC on top they will never find any reindeer hides. So the campfire model is in game but doesn't work. Same with many other items. And of course it destroys the special colonial or old nordic atmosphere both mods can create if things are added but don't match the theme. Like palm trees and tobacco crops in the boreal forest or reindeer wandering through the desert.

The only case it can make sense is if people want to use it only for decoration and don't care much about realism or the game itself. With current flags there are at least no relevant storage conflicts and it should not crash. So you can experiment with them for fun but it is not recommended or supported.

Voeille

I see. Thanks for explanation. I'll experiment then :)

zak4862

Hi Tom!
Thanks again for your kind explanation. I wil probably make a pond then, but I will also continue to learn and experiment with game mods.
       With best regards    zak4862

Tom Sawyer

Lillholmen with Anders and Ella

I made a little save game scenario for people who want to play the North with real Anders and Ella. You start on an island in the northern lakeland with fair climate and real time aging. Here a map preview. Help them to start a new life and check www.banishedventures.com/lillholmen. :)

Willows

Island is too small. Makes it harder than maybe it should be?  :-[

Nilla