News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

You can try @Willows. This island is not so small and the mainland is near. But I can add more maps for them. :)

Nilla

@Tom Sawyer is right; it's not a very difficult place to start on, but still a small challenge. :)

My Anders and Ella are so fond of the place, that they've decided to stay there and build a small prosperous settlement. Some people have joined them and except Anders and Ella themselves (!); everyone is happy. (Maybe the place has become too crowded for them;) ) They lack a bit fruit (no merchant offered any fruit seeds, so far) and there's not enough blueberries or herbs for a herbalist on the island, so they miss ½ star of health. The island supports everyone of the 23 inhabitants. They only need to go to the mainland to get resources; logs, firewood, stone, iron ore.

darnokthemage

The upgrade system is great, and it is a good base for things to come!

Willows

I may wait til 7 is out, then I can play it all at once. Hope it won't take too long!! :)
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

Jando

Hello Tom, and thanks for your wonderful mod.

I see a little problem though with roasted meat. Roasted meat made by a hunter at a campfire seems to work fine, roasted meat made by an innkeeper in an ale house though never seems to leave the ale house and just piles up, i.e. never makes it to a storehouse and market. Can only be used by a trader to sell at the trading post. I don't think that's intended. 

Only active mods are The North 6.02 and Northman version 4.

Tom Sawyer

Hello Jando, it's intended. At a campfire they roast meat and have to store it somewhere else. In a tavern it is stored right after producing and people consume it there. Sometimes they also take it at home. It works for happiness like alcohol. Of course, if your bannies have plenty of food and enough to drink and feast then it piles up. The innkeeper will carry it to a barn if the storage capacity is reached.

Waiting for version 7 can take some time @Willows. I suggest to try the current version and to add some townhouses, jetties and such. :)

Jando

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 05, 2018, 09:09:21 AM
Hello Jando, it's intended. At a campfire they roast meat and have to store it somewhere else. In a tavern it is stored right after producing and people consume it there. Sometimes they also take it at home. It works for happiness like alcohol. Of course, if your bannies have plenty of food and enough to drink and feast then it piles up. The innkeeper will carry it to a barn if the storage capacity is reached.

Thanks for your answer, Tom! Yes, the villagers seem to have enough, from the 390 roasted meat I had in the ale house 379 are left a few years later. :)

Jando

I'm not sure whether I do something wrong (and what that is) or how this happens:

Vendors do not carry certain foods to the marketplace as can be seen in this screenshot:

Marketplace has no chicken, eggs, honey, milk, roasted meat, roots, smoked meat, venison although all these items are available in storage close to the market. Number of vendors doesn't seem to matter, had the market staffed with 5 vendors for half a year. No transport of these items to market happened. Now reduced number of vendors to 1 so I can easily follow him to see what he's doing: he's on laborer duty picking up things around the little village.

The above list of foods seems to get (mostly?) ignored for transport to the market. I'm writing "mostly" here because I do have small amounts of milk, roots and smoked meat in two private homes, thus I assume these items have been transported to the market at some time.

Active mods are Norseman 4(10.7) and The North 602(10.7). Thanks in advance for help and advise. :)

Nilla

I don't think you make anything wrong. I don't think there's anything wrong with the mods. How the goods are distributed over the map and how vendors/markets and laborers/barns really work, is one of the "Banished mysteries". I have tried a long time ago to understand it. I know, that @brads3 has put much effort in understanding it as well. But how vendors work, and how they choose which products to carry to the market, to what time is not understandable, at least not to me. The same thing with laborers and how they distribute goods to different barns. I have given it up to try to understand.

I guess if you play this game long enough, you will see these goods, that's missing now at the market. But why? I don't know.

embx61

Modders of Markets set first the flags they can store. Stone, edible(all food groups), Iron, etc.

Then the modder can set the percentage of the flags what can be stored max of the total (100%).

for example
protein 6%
vegetable 6%
Stone 4%
etc

If a vendor(s) have just loaded a crap load of venison (Protein) and it reaches the 6% no more protein is possible because the 6% is reached.
Other protein like milk are not brought to the market till some bannies take some venison away first.

Mostly after a little while it will sort itself out quite reasonable but there can be exceptions of course.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Jando

Thanks, Nilla and embx61!

I'll follow your advise and just continue with the map, let's see what happens next year in that little village! Thanks again.

Nilla

That's a good explanation for the basic rule for distribution of goods to markets @embx61 and it can explain, why no more protein and vegetable is carried to the market. But it's not the whole truth. It doesn't explain, why no honey is carried to it. (Honey is grain in the North). There's only little grain at the market. There are other things that also have an influence. The Bannis like to have all possible kind on goods in every storage building. Some things are carried far away from where it was produced. Maybe a vendor simply doesn't get the last piece of grain (or any other kind of goods) from a barn. There might be some more of these confusing "sub rules", that makes it hard to really understand the mechanisms.

darnokthemage

I have takes some pictures of a local granary that i think you may like, a gray version of it could be a version of the current storehouse. https://imgur.com/a/ugWgooQ

Tom Sawyer

Thanks @darnokthemage. The building looks nice and would fit well in our set. I have saved the pictures. Some time ago I wanted a real granary to provide inedible grain for the mill but was not possible without breaking other thing. As a normal food storage it will work.

To @Jando, there is not really something wrong in your screen but actually the vendors should continue to fill up the market with foodstuff. They do it with up to 20% of each type of food (grain, fruits etc). That all different food items like apples and pears are provided can not be guaranteed. If you find more odd things please show..  :)

darnokthemage

On the topic of Food storage, a smaller marketplace that holds three tents or so would be great, as the big one removes any reason to build smaller barns.