News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

Thanks for Troy! I have a question, will these new animals also breed in pastures?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Those new animals are looking great!  I don't think I would want to work in the pasture with those longhorn cattle, though.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on June 11, 2018, 10:41:04 PM
Those new animals are looking great!  I don't think I would want to work in the pasture with those longhorn cattle, though.

just build a fenceless pasture for those :)

Kimbolton

Wow! These are wonderful! Thank you for making them available and of course Troy for making them!  :)

embx61

If I understand right Troy does not mind you share the meshes and stuff after the release of Editor Choice?
If so this would be great.

I still hope Troy will someday explain what is different between a bought animated animal and how Luke did it.
Luke did something a bit different I think and that is why bought animated animals not work right out of the box in Banished.
At least i never got it to work :(
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

Wow, that's great to see all these new animals for Banished @RedKetchup. Good job to you and your friend! Is it using original animations from the bought models or did he create new bones and stuff? Pulling out so many animals it might be just a certain export option or any special setting in 3dsmax to break this wall. We should try to find out what to do. Maybe we can make the model from @embx61 working..

kid1293

Hmm. I have also tried, no luck.

I went so far as to check Blender.
I imported White Chicken into Blender.
Exported without touching anything.
It did no longer work.
Some settings are not preserved. It really made me low.
I don't have the money to pay for 3DMax.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 13, 2018, 07:02:08 AM
Wow, that's great to see all these new animals for Banished @RedKetchup. Good job to you and your friend! Is it using original animations from the bought models or did he create new bones and stuff? Pulling out so many animals it might be just a certain export option or any special setting in 3dsmax to break this wall. We should try to find out what to do. Maybe we can make the model from @embx61 working..

he told me he took some free 3D animal meshes and entirely did its bones, done its skellies, applied the meshes to the skellies. and then made its movements. 1 walk , 3 idles. he didnt told me, but i noticed he kinda "save the movements" (i know you can do that, save it for reloading on another scene) and applied the saved movements to every quadrupedes he did.
so yeah he made everything but the "statues" of the animals itself.

edit: take it as a dance, you can save the dance on harddrive and re-apply it to another animal. when at the next animal, you load the presets and load back the dance you did saved.
and you wrap everything up

Willows

Are the animals in the current available version of your Editor, or will they be in the next update?
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Willows on June 13, 2018, 06:28:58 PM
Are the animals in the current available version of your Editor, or will they be in the next update?

in the next update, this will be the first Relelease Candidate :)
it will be soon, in a few days.

Goblin Girl

Abandoned

:) Nice.  Added thought, I hope that when the animals are released as a separate mod there will also be deco animals included. That would be terrific.

RedKetchup

i spent most of the evening to fix the "walking" animations of all those new animals "Livestocks" and "Wild Animals"
the walking animations were very choppy when they were chained together when they had to change "zones". very choppy.

i didnt played with the animal graphic files, but just with their xxxxAnims.rsc files where it is stipulated it should start at x frame and end at x frame. they are now alot more "fluid" :)

tonight i ll go play with the population numbers so we dont get too many and get the game lagy and still get some of them depending the size of the map.
i need to find the good median numbers. Quality play versus Quantity. the golden mean :)

Gatherer

Spawning of these new wild animals could be made terrain and or climate dependant. No bears in swamps for example.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.