News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Lets hope it is just the graphical glitch what causing the crash as they seemed to be fixed by Red.
Those crashes in a big mod will be a pain in the neck to figure out what part is the culprit.

I will download version 1.1 full and do some tests.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

GG,that is why i am soo glad others are finding those errors.saves us changing mod orders only to find it was nothing to do with that.

to those finding the crashes,please report the start settings you are using.is it crashing on a specific start or medium and all others also?

NIKOLINA

version 1.0 crashed NO never.My mod list is very long, I use mods all moders.I like all the mods work together until now OK.Snad se to spravĂ­.Perhaps they will fix it. I came back to a mode of RK Editor's CHoice-Full v1.0.Thanks

Abandoned

hope crash problem is found, will test.

@Hawk googles mountain oysters, oh yuk :P  ;D

embx61

Just downloaded the Mod version 1.1 Full.

Loaded it with about all my other mods and put RK Ed Choice 1.1 to the top.
I disabled only my Green Valley Mod as it changes the terrain textures too to be on the save side.

Reloaded and all went fine. Started a new map and no crash. Music plays fine.
Now playing a bit with debug. I placed the Cathedral and while the textures are white as reported and fixed by Red in the upcoming 1.11 it does not crash.
Not much build yet and have 60 Frames per second :)
Go playing a bit more by placing random buildings to see what happens.

Be back to reporting in a half an hour or so.....

RedKetchup

thanks you all for the reports. i really appreciate :)

i am uploading presently a new FULL 1.11 and LIGHT 1.11 versions and hopefully it will resolve all crashes.

2 days before releasing 1.1, i took Riot program to try to lower the overall size of all textures / images / pictures... thats the only thing that i can believe it can cause crashes. so i reverted back all the textures/pngs files. of course i did a save.zip of my folders before starting to play with Riot program.

so i replaced everything that is a .png as it was before.

The FULL 1.11 version will also contain the NMT Little Housing 2 mod which i completly forgot.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

RK Editor Choice FULL 1.11 Bugfixes:

Fixed issue with the Corner Tailor building and fixed issue with the Cathedral textures.
Hopefully fixes all possible crashes that happended lately.
ADDED: NMT Little Housing 2 mod.

Please redownload now !
Sorry >< and Enjoy!!

embx61

Not sure about Riot but I have so far no issues with RK Ed Choice 1.1 Full. I doubt a texture enhance program can cause this but am not sure.
Rolling back does not hurt anything so all is good.

I dumped down more buildings with debug and all is fine. Still 60 FPS. The Corner Tailor is black but it does not crash when placed and clicked on it.
I can not tell about other mods but maybe CC, Nat Div, and RK Ed Choice Full loaded together is just too much for some systems?
I loaded a medium map, vally's, disasters off.

CC is about 1.5 gig, RK Ed Choice 800MB and Nat Div 2 is pretty big and beside that pretty demanding on PC resources too as reported way back by some players.

I can not test the whole mod as it is big and hope other players will help in the crash hunting as finding bugs in a huge mod is not easy so any help is welcome to pinpoint the problem if there is one. A little light in the tunnel is that it seems IF there is a bug it is from additions added after version 1.0 so that rules out quite some buildings and stuff as Nikolina reported no issues with version 1.0.
What certain players who report crashes can do is try to play a test game with no other mods loaded beside RK Ed Choice 1.1
Just use debug and dump down stuff for free :)
If it still crashes it is maybe a bug somewhere but if it not crashes it can be a conflict with another mod and it going to take some effort to see what mod(s) these are.

About all of my mods seem to work fine with RK Ed Choice version 1.1. Only thing I saw so far was a double Icon to collect Copper Ore in the Vanilla remove toolbar as both Red and me using the same sources and is not really a big deal. I think i utilize the remove toolbar in my mods what need it in future updates to avoid these little issues.
Again it is just one double icon but it will be more doubles if we maybe share more collect resources in the future.
I think having the remove resources toolbar bar further up in the toolbar chain saves the players a few clicks too :)

RedKetchup

thanks for your testing.

i played like 2 hours this morning and i didnt got any single crash :S
so how i can find crashes if myself i never crash ? LOL

Hopefully the 1.11 bugfixed will fix those.

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I have been playing v1.1 full version for at least an hour with no crash.  It took a while to load and I get a little lag during rain but other than that no problem.  A activated very few other mods, small map. 

Fantastic mod RK  :)

RedKetchup

great !!! you know, you can turn off weather in your options if it can help you a lot

RedKetchup

Abandoned

:) very interesting things and I like the music  :)

I will try with light rain mod, it seems okay when it snows.  It also helps to pause game when moving camera view while it is raining.

A lot of work went into this mod, great work  :)  Thank you

galensgranny

I had a crash again, some kind of "fatal exception error"  I have steam, and they had done an update yesterday. Maybe that is my problem.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 01, 2018, 02:35:35 PM
I had a crash again, some kind of "fatal exception error"  I have steam, and they had done an update yesterday. Maybe that is my problem.

if you have a subscription with RK Ed 1.0 on steam, you need to turn it off before updating to 1.11 because steam will try to replace the 1.11 by the 1.0
Steam will only be updated Monday if everything is fine.