News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

I know how he feels. For 7 years I was a recolorist modder for the Sims 2....had my own site and everything and was well known. One day in the middle of a recolor I just.....stopped. Suddenly, I just couldn't continue. I just burnt out. I stopped recoloring, then my site was hacked, and I just walked away from the whole Sims 2 universe. This past August, 6 years later, I finally started feeling the urge to create again, came back, took one of my former artist's offer to join her at her site, and uploaded everything I had previously. I'm now 'retired' but still creating.

So,  I understand Des' issue. Sometimes the flow just...stops. Hopefully he won't take as long as I did to "come back", but it does sound like to me he just burnt out, like I did. It happens.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

mellowtraumatic

I've taken a long break from Skyrim modding myself. Sometimes you have to, especially when it starts to feel like work instead of being fun like it used to.

galensgranny

Twighlightbreeze, what modder name are/were you and what was your site name for Sims 2?  I used to be addicted to it and downloaded so many mods.

twilightbreeze

I always was Riverwillows.....I started on TSR (yeah I know I know) then moved to Natural Sims....then had my own site PaeginSims, which is the one that got hacked. One of my artists from PaeginSims, Beckylynn, went on to get her own site, Beckylyn's Sims, and when I decided to come back, she offered me a spot. So I got all the stuff that had been on TSR and Natural Sims (stuff is still there, but links are broken), as well as all my stuff from PaeginSims, and it is now all up at Beckylynn's Sims. I still have tons of stuff for Christmas to put up, plus some new, but waiting til after Tryptophan Day to do so.

Here is the link: http://beckylynnsims.forumotion.com/

Do you remember me?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

I can understand about getting burned out. I did quite a bit of modeling for Microsoft Train Simulator and some for Railworks (now known as TS20xx). Then one day I just stopped and never went back.

I was contacted about a month ago to do some more modeling for profit but just couldn't get my head into it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

galensgranny

Sorry, Twilightbreeze, but I don't remember your Sims modder name.  I mostly downloaded Mod The Sims.  I gave a brief look at your current page, and things on TSR.  Nice stuff!  Will look more later.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, motivation can be volatile if not regularly fed with something. It comes and goes as it pleases and you have to take care of it. And to avoid things that kill it. DS mentioned to have trouble with his small village set when leaving. Maybe he was too much "working" on it or so. I hope he will create something again one day. It was always inspiring for me to see new models from him. I never understood how he is able to design it only with the Blender beast. ;D

elemental

He put out a lot of content in quite a short time and it was obvious that his modeling and modding skills were getting better and better with each release. I can understand wanting a break (I haven't played Banished for a few months myself), but I do hope he comes back someday, too.

Discrepancy

Hello everyone  :)

Sorry for the long absence. Burnout, yes. But life also got rather hectic and unpleasant.

I am back, it feels good. But I have to find my feet again.

Hawk

Good to see you back. I hope the real world stuff wasn't too unpleasant.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

Warm welcome back!

I hope it will be a pleasant ride and no burnouts. :)

Kid

Abandoned

:) Welcome back Discrepancy, you've been missed.

pappa

RedKetchup

Welcome back sincerly @Discrepancy  !

we ALL missed you !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

Thank Heaven You're Back,   Missed you very much!   

***Doing happy dance! :D
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.