News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Handy trick for faster game loads

Started by elemental, February 17, 2017, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Some of you might already know this but this trick is something I only just discovered yesterday thanks to a post over at the BL boards.

To dramatically speed up load times start the game and then minimise the window when you get the black loading screen. You can do that with the Windows key or with Alt-Tab. The game will load MUCH faster if the window is minimised. Normal load time for me was about 6 minutes. Using this trick it loads in about 1 minute. I don't know why it works and it might not work for everyone but it's definitely worth trying.

Don't thank me for this, thanks go to Freedom at the BL board.

Original thread here: http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1061-90-faster-game-loads/

Discrepancy

I have also noticed that this happens. Particularly when larger mods are enabled.

ManuelWalker

QuoteTo dramatically speed up load times start the game and then minimise the window when you get to read this and the black loading screen. You can do that with the Windows key or with Alt-Tab. I started the game will load MUCH faster if the window is minimised. Normal load time for me was about 6 minutes..Does GNC have phenq? Using for using phenq trick it loads in about 1 minute. I don't know why it works and it might not work for everyone but it's definitely worth trying.

Thanks for the tip. I tried and it worked! And I assumed that the minimised windows were given less priority the by the OS!

Freedom

Thanks for bringing this up again @ManuelWalker.  Always good to make new/longtime players aware/reminded of ways to make the most of their Banished time. Especially when using lots of the great mods found here on WOB.