News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Chinese Mod

Started by assobanana76, August 04, 2015, 05:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Paeng

:P

QuoteCamellia Crop (山茶花)
At present Camellia is as food and the future will launch a complete product chain in the complete package, such as producing perfume, scented tea and so on.
from: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485530904

I already posted a comment on Steam to please publish these mods at banishedinfo.com as well...
I was not the only one - so please add your comment as well, maybe the creator will act on it...   ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

assobanana76

@Paeng on Steam????
I thought you said that abhor Steam !! ??  ;D ;D

It looks like a great addition!
I will certainly do it!
I think it's enough a web page where there is an English translation of short descriptions of the buildings and supply chains!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

ShockPuppet

I received the source for 3 of the flower mods. Thanks to the mod author.

Be careful, there are filename issues that will cause conflicts (using names from Lettuce example)

Paeng

Quote from: assobanana76 on August 10, 2015, 01:47:05 AMPaeng on Steam?

LOL, sure... I've had an account for years...

That does not mean I love that platform all of a sudden, or embrace all its 'fantastic gimmicks' - matter of fact, I stay away as far as possible from the forums, and the workshop in particular. All I use Steam for is to get information about other games... and an occasional 1.99 Euro purchase, maybe once a year...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

assobanana76

Quote from: Paeng on August 11, 2015, 11:00:09 PM
Quote from: assobanana76 on August 10, 2015, 01:47:05 AMPaeng on Steam?

LOL, sure... I've had an account for years...

That does not mean I love that platform all of a sudden, or embrace all its 'fantastic gimmicks' - matter of fact, I stay away as far as possible from the forums, and the workshop in particular. All I use Steam for is to get information about other games... and an occasional 1.99 Euro purchase, maybe once a year...  :)

I immediately asked the friendship !!  ;D ;D

Glenn

I noticed these mods some time ago and have only used the idle core mod which translates the game into Chinese.

It also includes a group of duplicate mods made by other people.

Being an English speaker I don't use the mod because of this and the duplicates.

If you wanted to try the mods you should start a new game and see how they go

See attachment zip of the flowers – I hope it works as I have never created a zip before.

The main IdleCore  mod will not attach – it must be too big and from memory it doesn't include the building shown above.

I took this group of mods from steam and hope the creator doesn't mind as it makes them available to everyone who doesn't use that site.

I haven't tested to see how the flowers work other than to see that they are in English in your mods folder.

I thought they would make a nice flower bed running alongside a boulevard in a town center.

All my best

assobanana76

So .. I did not understand what it IS ..
I try to say what is NOT .. to see if I understand correctly ..
NOT a mod easy to install (not just put a .pkm in a folder)?
NOT a mod that, as NMT or CC or FM, adds many new buildings with new production chains etc ..?
IS a mod that adds new crops of flowers ...?

Gordon Dry

As this is conflicting with nearly everything and also completely translates the game to chinese it's actually a bummer.

On one of the Idle crop's Steam workshop entries I complained that the description is in chinese and why not translate that stuff (incl. the IdleCore mod?) to english because the Steam platform's native language is english - I got harassed by political correctness.

I just suggested to translate the stuff one time to english that not the whole bunch of potential downloaders from everywhere on the planet have to translate it by theirselves, this would spare resources (no 500x google translate, only 1x). The original chinese text could stay in the description of the workshop entry.
The mod should be natively in english, plus a translation mod, however.
People harassed me that China got the most citizens and so I should shut up and accept that the workshop description (and the IdleCore mod) is in chinese ...

Political correctness / do-gooders can be so frustrating. So irrational.

A Nonny Moose

This becomes a matter of let sleeping dogs lie.  If the Chinese want to translate the game into character, so be it.  Let them play in their private pond.

Generally speaking, if I find a mod that is in some language I don't have, I simply do without it.  People who post allophone items on an English site deserve what they get.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

I imagine that the mod can be used without the written in English .. after all there will be some icons .. I guess ..
and after all, what could be? buildings? crops?
maybe once built will intuitively understand what they are .. or not?

A Nonny Moose

Are you just being thorough or do you really want to run the game in character?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

what you need to do is send a PM to @Idle Work Team  and ask for the stringtable (exactly the same way he does with me: asking my stringtable) and then you make the change on the stringtable and you put it 1st in your mod list :)
like they do with NMT :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 02, 2015, 10:51:30 AM
what you need to do is send a PM to @Idle Work Team  and ask for the stringtable (exactly the same way he does with me: asking my stringtable) and then you make the change on the stringtable and you put it 1st in your mod list :)
like they do with NMT :)

there is only a very small problem .. I should translate it into "English" !!  ;D ;D

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on September 02, 2015, 08:30:28 AM
Are you just being thorough or do you really want to run the game in character?

if the icons are intuitive I could use it .. why not?
It would be nice a Chinatown!  ;D

however, they seem to have taken a step towards the West!
They incorporated a translation of the explanation of the mod: "This is a crop of the Camellia. At present Camellia is as food and the future will launch a complete product chain in the complete package, such as producting perfume, scented tea and so on."
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485530904

purringcat

If you just want the flowers, these look remarkably like the ones in the Chinese mod and are free..  no translation necessary
http://zeushk.deviantart.com/art/The-Rose-of-Remembrance-pack-reupload-433079903