News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Recoloring buildings from the vanilla game

Started by galensgranny, September 04, 2017, 11:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on September 10, 2017, 06:10:54 PM
Okay, I will get on it in a minute after feeding the cats.

hey i made it work !
i ve got to select the modkit/bin/x32/application.exe of the modkit an i see a change and seems to work :)
so forget about the job i assigned you ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

LOL

I already have a bunch and uploaded the link in the Laboratory.

Maybe others find it useful :)

Ah the modkit not go through steam I guess so it was steam what did not made it work.

Pretty awesome, now we can see how Luke made his textures but more importantly the sizes he used.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on September 10, 2017, 06:36:28 PM
LOL

I already have a bunch and uploaded the link in the Laboratory.

Maybe others find it useful :)

Ah the modkit not go through steam I guess so it was steam what did not made it work.

Pretty awesome, now we can see how Luke made his textures but more importantly the sizes he used.

yup:)

sometimes i tried to recreate some buildings.... and never could find what he used to or anything near it ....
i am happy to have some now... like just for an example, the stone parts of some building like those ones for example...

embx61

I extracted about 150 textures and RARRED them up and uploaded it to google drive.

The link is in the Laboratory fore those who think they can be useful.

I saw one texture the size of 384x384 and also 1024x128 so those sizes work in the game as well it seems.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on September 10, 2017, 06:55:55 PM

I saw one texture the size of 384x384 and also 1024x128 so those sizes work in the game as well it seems.

i am very surprise because i am very sure i tried a 384x in the past

embx61

Went over it again and I need some sleep I guess.

I see a texture what is 768x768

Bartender

I'm glad you guys got it working! Happy recoloring :).

Abandoned

There is a mod I have from Banished Info by Wintin that is Swamp Arch's Texture that changes all the vanilla houses to a cool looking swamp texture that I am planning to use in a future swamp map. Sorry, unable to post a screenshot at this time. The mod never developed as far as including a retexture of the vanilla barn and other building which is a shame.  It would be nice to be able to start an easy map with the barn and beginning houses matching the major mod set the player wants to use.  Maybe now that may be possible.  :)

https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/614-ATRM-The-Amazons-Hide

Necora

Quote from: Abandoned on September 14, 2017, 05:39:48 AM
There is a mod I have from Banished Info by Wintin that is Swamp Arch's Texture that changes all the vanilla houses to a cool looking swamp texture that I am planning to use in a future swamp map. Sorry, unable to post a screenshot at this time. The mod never developed as far as including a retexture of the vanilla barn and other building which is a shame.  It would be nice to be able to start an easy map with the barn and beginning houses matching the major mod set the player wants to use.  Maybe now that may be possible.  :)

https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/614-ATRM-The-Amazons-Hide

From that link they look cool, the green roofs. They look right out of a swamp on pirates of the caribbean.

Abandoned

They are really cool, I tried them on a test map and the coloring is really nice.  It is just too bad the set was not completed for the other vanilla buildings especially the starting storage barn.  Perfect for a jungle or swamp setting.

Paeng

Yeah, I also liked that retexturing for a more weathered look...

Attached a  screenshot that shows more of the real color, not the caustic ones that DLMH chose  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Yes, those are the ones I like, the wooden ones.  I don't much care for the stone house recoloring but I do like the coloring of those wooden ones.  :)

TheOtherMicheal

I've only just found out about that retexturing mod and I agree with @Abandoned the wood houses look very good but the stone houses just don't seem to be as good as they should be and I think it's because of the colouring of the windows, it just makes the stone houses look "wrong". somehow.