News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tiny thoughts

Started by kid1293, August 22, 2016, 10:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on August 29, 2016, 11:31:24 AM
Its so nice to see many new versions of the usual suspects, it makes for some great scenes. I'm currently alpha testing mega-mod that combines, CC, and many of the mods on WoB, and like @OldnRetired doing so with almost no vanilla buildings. http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/st-edward-t333.html.

I just had a look at your town over at banishedpeople (never been there before) and saw some of my decorative trees that I started working on with Kral late last year. I had no idea there was a megamod or that my trees were in it. Not complaining, just surprised. The first release of those trees should be out shortly for everyone to use, and there will be a lot more than what you've already seen.

As for buildings, I love seeing new versions of things we already have. More styles, more choice... it's a good thing.  :)

OldnRetired

Kid1293 - I guess I missed your tiny wooodchopper!  There are so many mods this year in WOB that it's easy to get lost tracking everyones mods.  I'll include yours in my town, too!   :)

OldnRetired

Nilla - Once I learn how to upload screenshots I will post some.  I have no time for any blog. Between my health issues and the health issues of my bride of 55 years it's not possible.  We have too many "Senior Benefits" of the wrong kind. So be patient for screenshots.  I have been following you & Tom Sawyer in your Nordic discussions & love it!  A good insight into your area of the world! THANKS !!    :)

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: elemental on August 29, 2016, 03:46:58 PM
Quote from: Denis de la Rive on August 29, 2016, 11:31:24 AM
Its so nice to see many new versions of the usual suspects, it makes for some great scenes. I'm currently alpha testing mega-mod that combines, CC, and many of the mods on WoB, and like @OldnRetired doing so with almost no vanilla buildings. http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/st-edward-t333.html.

I just had a look at your town over at banishedpeople (never been there before) and saw some of my decorative trees that I started working on with Kral late last year. I had no idea there was a megamod or that my trees were in it. Not complaining, just surprised. The first release of those trees should be out shortly for everyone to use, and there will be a lot more than what you've already seen.

As for buildings, I love seeing new versions of things we already have. More styles, more choice... it's a good thing.  :)

I am just a tester, and assumed "K" had discussed this with everyone. It will be a way to avoid conflicts and such, and is still growing, I used v.03, but .04 is already out, and .05 being planned.

As for your work, its so wonderful, can't wait to see more, the mod is not going to be ready any time soon, its still alpha, so your mod will shine.

Yes we have a nice quiet spot, it was started by Paeng, where we can showoff our skill. I hope I did well with your creation.  :)

Nilla

Quote from: OldnRetired on August 29, 2016, 04:57:11 PM
Nilla - Once I learn how to upload screenshots I will post some.  I have no time for any blog. Between my health issues and the health issues of my bride of 55 years it's not possible.  We have too many "Senior Benefits" of the wrong kind. So be patient for screenshots.  I have been following you & Tom Sawyer in your Nordic discussions & love it!  A good insight into your area of the world! THANKS !!    :)

Yes these "benefits" !  :(  I'm well aware of those, too. Opposite to you, they give me all time in the world to sit at my computer. My illness makes it impossible to do much other things, than to sit, lay, down, sit, maybe 15 minutes household or garden work, lay down, sit, if I have a good day; go to the village shop for some grocery or into the forest to get some mushrooms or berries................

I make it this way uploading screenshots;
F11 (with menus) or F12 (without menus) makes the screenshot, if you haven't changed the settings.
Now to the only thing, that made me some trouble at first; find the screenshots at your computer. At mine they were not in the same folder as the game.
Open the screenshot with MS Paint (or some other similar program)
Rename it. It's a *.bmp file that's huge. I change it to *.jpg
Press "+ Attachments and other options" just below where you write your entry and post it.

There are other ways, too but this works fine for me.

Looking forward to your pictures.

kid1293

@OldnRetired - You have 'post' in the Garden Shed. :)

OldnRetired

Nilla - Thanks for the upload info.  You & I have similar "Benefits".  Some days are much worse than others. On the bad days you can't even concentrate on anything .. not even Banished ... LOL
I'll post some pix in a day or so.

OldnRetired

Kid1293 - When I saw that duplicate .pkm filename I thought you might fix it .........  More buildings ..... Thanks! 

OldnRetired

I just want the readers of this thread to know ....... Sorry for no posts about my no-vanilla-buildings town.   :(
Too many medical problems for my spouse & I.  I'll post more photos and a description ... hopefully in 2 - 3 days.
Here is a small teaser ......   ;)

kid1293

@OldnRetired
I don't know what to say.
I feel empathy and hope that you and your wife are OK.
No need to rush things, we (most of us) have time to wait
and see what's around the corner. There IS a life out there!
(Sounds like a line from X-files. :) )

Get well!

Whoyou13

I thought you placed mushroom farm in between your crop farm, then realized its a road. hahahaha

Nilla

@kid1293
I just downloaded your "proper time" mod. I promised you for some time, that I would test it. But I would like to have a faster start. I don't think you've published one of your special "Early Nomad Alluring" mods, or have I somehow missed it? You know; wells, building grounds or whatever?

I would like to have something like that for this game.

One other thing that I really want to try in such a game is a really impossible start; not 3 families without anything. I want 10!  :-\ If most of them manage to survive the first years (I guess it wouldn't be easy, maybe even really impossible this time) it would also speed things up.

Could it be possible for you or @Tom Sawyer to add such a start, at least this one time for me to test?

kid1293

Sure, I can make the 'building ground' for nomads.
How many in percent of population?
Vanilla values are min=5% max=15%

I can make it so you get exactly 20% every year in spring.

(Trying to multitask while talking) :)

Here, 20% every year. 7x7 empty space
You may have to wait one extra year before they start coming.

(Two minutes more forgot a thing)
Done!

If you want a 'suicide-start' you better talk to Tom. I don't know
what he has changed lately in the North.

Tom Sawyer

Maybe this will be really a suicide mission. I've not tested it. Here a file to change the Impossible start condition of the North to 10 families. I look forward to an exciting survival blog... :)

Nilla

Wonderful! Tank you guys!
I will play a bit tonight. I´ll let you know if it works!