News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Soup Kitchen

Started by irrelevant, May 02, 2015, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@afwings that's very nice! Glad you liked the idea; looking forward to using your mod.

RedKetchup

BTW your models seem big a bit.
if i check your screenshot i would say in game your building will have 10x18 tiles. :)

i use 'generic' Units and one 1.0' lengh in 3ds = 1 tile in game.
in your screenshot you see white squares and they are placed every 10.0'
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

about the AO files. i dont know how to make them, i never found someone to explain the well how to do it so i use 'blank white.png' file never use a 'transparent' file for these AO file.
the game doesnt accept those. but for your footprint.png only use transparent file type with some 'dirt' drawn on those.

RedKetchup

in the /UI/Sprite/ folder are your toolbar icons and also all other icons.

the toolbar icon need to be 'transparent based' of 32x32 pixels
the professions need 1 of 32x32 and 1 of 16x16
the resources need 1 of 32x32 and 1 of 16x16
the 16x16 will have a 'small' word in the name like :
AfwingsSoupShack.png
Cook.png and CookSmall.png
MushroomSoup.png and MushroomSoupSmall.png

all transparent-based graphic files.

afwings

Got it @RedKetchup .  I have found all those files and tinkering now.  Thanks for the input!  What if I wanted to use a resource (like water) that is in another mod but not the original game files?  Is this possible or should I stick to a recipe like mushrooms + herbs?

I was using cm for units in 3DS and the model is 60cm long and 40 cm tall.  Do I just change the units to generic for the size to adjust or do I need to scale the model as well?

RedKetchup

Quote from: afwings on June 21, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
Got it @RedKetchup .  I have found all those files and tinkering now.  Thanks for the input!  What if I wanted to use a resource (like water) that is in another mod but not the original game files?  Is this possible or should I stick to a recipe like mushrooms + herbs?

I was using cm for units in 3DS and the model is 60cm long and 40 cm tall.  Do I just change the units to generic for the size to adjust or do I need to scale the model as well?

when you will put your model in the game, and see it the first time... you will see it :)
if it is too big, you will adjust it :)

if you are refencing another mod resource : you will need to make your own, or ask the moddler that made it. i can give you mine.
when people will 'enable' your mod, if they also use the other mod they will have 'conflict' but it is just a warning, it is all good :) and wont crash :)

RedKetchup

afwings

Amazing help.  Thanks @RedKetchup

You inspired me to start with the "soup" first so I am taking a step back to create the resource _MushroomMash (using your water as a reference.)

_MushroomMash will then be used by the _SoupShack and future mods.  Here is the mashing building that will eventually send the mash to various buildings....

-afWings

RedKetchup

sweet :) good luck. let me know if there is something :)

Gatherer

Why is there a burial casket in the lower left corner of the picture?  Are you making Soylent Green?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

afwings

Yes @Gatherer - you caught me... that is the secret sauce in the soup. 

@RedKetchup - I noticed your water file does not have any SpriteSheet files but reference NMTownSpriteSheet / NMTownStringTable and that the ModKit examples also have xxxSpriteSheetMaterial and xxxSpriteSheetTexture files.  Do I need to create this for my resource afzMashMushroom (Mashed Mushroom) or do I modified the existing game files? 

- Thnx

RedKetchup

Quote from: afwings on June 22, 2015, 08:41:14 AM
@RedKetchup - I noticed your water file does not have any SpriteSheet files but reference NMTownSpriteSheet / NMTownStringTable and that the ModKit examples also have xxxSpriteSheetMaterial and xxxSpriteSheetTexture files.  Do I need to create this for my resource afzMashMushroom (Mashed Mushroom) or do I modified the existing game files? 

- Thnx

you will create your own stringtable and spritesheet. you need to do eet anyways, all mods have their own files. you will just had those line at the end ( you already had all info in the RawMaterialNMWater.rsc file *wink ) ^^

add to spritesheet :

{ String _name = "NMWaterSmall"; String _source = "UI/Sprite/NMWaterSmall.png"; }
{ String _name = "NMWater"; String _source = "UI/Sprite/NMWater.png"; }

and add to stringtable:

{ String _name = "NMWater"; String _text = "Water"; }

and you will modify your RawMaterialNMWater to link 'your' own stringtable/spritesheet.

afwings

So.....

I created a crop OATS and basically copied and replaced every instance of lettuce / lettuceleaf with afz_Oats / afz_OatsLeaf and crated my own models to replace all the ones of lettuce.  I saved both in the same FBX file.

I was sure to use only png files and used 3ds Max to create the models.  I unwrapped the textures and named the objects the same as the oats.  I ranbin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:afz_Oats /pathres ../example/crop /pathdat ../example/crop/bin and the mod is listed in the game menu.  But when I run the game with Debugger enabled I do not see my oats listed as a available seed.  I ran in reverse with lettuce and was able to add lettuce as a crop.

Do you think I am doing something wrong with the models?  To be safe I simply made one a box and the other a cylinder.  Is there any other details I can post that would help trouble shoot?

Thanks so much, I am having a blast with the modkit and hope to see something in game soon!!!!!!

RedKetchup

nonono never use any strange caracter or space in moddling. very bad behavior. like _tends to be used as a function :P

afwings

<------------ Rookie..... Thanks @RedKetchup .  I will replace text and try that now....