News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Will do Red, but after I get home from work in uhmm... 6 hours from now. Okay?!   8)

I was really sure you'd have carts, almost certain of it - no biggie, I got your back (loading RK Carts as I speak). As you see I have your goats added to it, it was red in the mods list; does that mean you already had goats included in Rise of the Pharaoh? I am assuming that's what it means so I will remove the goats but I'm keepin' the carts Red! ---> I'm keepin' the carts!  :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

yup i added all the animals that were in RKEC just for offer something in wait RotP has its own list

feel free to add carts and specialized storages.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

but dont worry about the urge to test ... @Discrepancy need testers too ! and thats important !

MarkAnthony

Bah! Your mods are important too!   8)

I have no life, I got nothin' but time to try all of these creations!  I just gotta work a few hours here in there, and okay... sleep too but after that it's all about Banished and World of Banished forums!  :D

MarkAnthony

This bare bones set up loads fast!  :P

MarkAnthony

ROFL, Red's got a Stargate in Rise of the Pharaoh!   8)

James Spader was great in that movie!; I wasn't too much of a fan of the Tv series though.

RedKetchup

hehe in today's culture, we cannot forget the stargate from egypt and pyramids, and man who were gods like the Goa'ulds :)

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 08, 2019, 03:19:20 PM
but dont worry about the urge to test ... @Discrepancy need testers too ! and thats important !

Your mods are at least as important. But I´m a bit different than Mark; not everything at the same time! (Wasn´t it supposed to be women who could do several things at the same time opposite to men who do one thing after the other? ???  ::)  ) Anyway. I´m looking forward to visiting Egypt again. I was there (in life) two years ago. I will start a game with this mod as soon as I fell done with my DS testing for now.

MarkAnthony

You know? I just decided I'm not gonna bother posting about my experience with mods anymore. I'm not having positive experiences with that.

The forum regulars here have been here in Banished and in the World of Banished a hell of a lot longer than me, several years longer in fact. I started Banished and World of Banished on the same day, less than three months ago so when I post something I'm left feeling like a fool, sometimes I'm left feeling embarrassed about something I said because of my novice experience, and whatever else I get to feeling.

I'm sorry that I have less than three months experience with the game, and with the mods for the game. I'm sorry I don't wear a lab coat 24/7 like Nilla and have her experience at picking up on the slightest and littlest of things that somehow explain everything away or have her level of concentration to be able to get stats on something down to the Nth degree. I don't and I can't.

Where were you three months into the game? The experts that you are now? Guess you forgot, huh?

This isn't so much a whine but a small opportunity to vent so that I can get past this feeling and go on enjoying Banished.  I will delete most of my threads (not comments - but threads) after a bit, perhaps by tomorrow not for any reason other than I hate looking the fool. The longer they're up, the longer I remind everyone the ignorance* I have with Banished and with it's mods. I will just play the mods as they are and just be quiet about it.

* Again, the definition of ignorance for those who don't fully know and are quick to jump to the more negative connotation of it is -- "lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc. about the subject at hand".

This
is what I mean by my being ignorant - I don't have the experience and background info that you all have had for years ahead of me to see and pick up on things that are not normally easy to see.

Again I am just venting, allow me that and let's continue on; I know I will.

RedKetchup

hehe I think you are trying to overwhelming you with mods. Take a good one and with that one, have fun with it.

brads3

i think it helps to have newer players ideas and input.  they see things we more experienced players might miss. since everyone plays different, the more players the more glitches are found. this has been proven. often mods are made and months later a glicth is found that nobody saw.

besides every Royal Court needs a Jester.

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony I've said it before, I truly admire your willingness to dive in and try stuff, and to put it out there for us. I know I've learned from reading your town blogs. I hope you will leave them up.

Nilla

@MarkAnthony, I admire your drive, too. I enjoy your often funny, self-ironic posts. The experience of newer players of the game and the mods is of very great value! I´m sure all the modders think so. It´s a brave thing to do. Not many new players have the guts to show their first steps. You have! I would miss your "ramblings" if you would stop. I´m sorry, if I sometimes may sound a little like a snob. I don´t mean to diminish you. I´m sure, no one would expect you to make similar observations as I do. I´m the "Number Geek" of WOB, it would be an extremely boring site if everyone would be like me, so better not try. Your contribution is valuable now, as it is.

So, please continue! I can´t promise that I always will be nice. I´m a mean old lady, can´t change that.

MarkAnthony

So I just played on a Mild climate for the first time and for me I'd have to say it's worse than a Harsh climate setting. When I first started playing Banished I always chose the Fair climate setting and that was for about a month then I switched to Harsh climates ever since. I wasn't in the mood today for any difficulties in playing so I chose a Mild climate thinking it'd be more "Carebear" than the Fair climate! HA! Was I wrong!  :P   It snows so much, early frost, late frost... geesh, only once in five years have I been able to clear my crop fields!  :(

Different topic! -- Sure wish that other forum moderator would log in more often, I'm so sick of these spammers, and the ones who don't spam but make stupid nonsensical posts and personal bios and who always "view their profiles" when seen from the "Who's online" page.

I know Red is a moderator, but we need him exactly where he wishes to be... with his mods.   :D   We need that other moderator to log in more often... just sayin'   We got a whole bunch of spammers online right now if you haven't already noticed.

catty-cb

QuoteDifferent topic! -- Sure wish that other forum moderator would log in more often, I'm so sick of these spammers, and the ones who don't spam but make stupid non-nonsensical posts and personal bios and who always "view their profiles" when seen from the "Who's online" page.

Have just reported one of them, I used to be a global moderator over at SC4 Devotion and was also running my own website for a number of years till real life caught up with me ... currently have moderator rights for the Omnibus at Simtropolis

https://community.simtropolis.com/omnibus/

So have some practice at getting rid of the spammers, and am happy to help if needed, but am wondering about the the "SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk" at the bottom of the screen cos its doesn't seem to be working   :(