News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (with lots of pictures)

Started by Discrepancy, June 27, 2016, 06:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Kingdom Come: Deliverance website

I thought I would share this game that I've been following with interest for a while (firstly found out about it because the other game that these guys made... Mafia)

This is a game that puts you into a first-person view of medieval (middle ages) Europe, Bohemia in 1403.

The game is still in Beta stage, and over the last few months it has expanded a lot.

But the visuals are stunning:

the forests are full of undergrowth, you can loose your bearings over a few paces..

Beta release of the game is still only a small section of the final map, but it is a large area, filled with little medieval villages and hamlets, the attention to detail is evident everywhere.

When it rains you can watch little 'streams' of water run down the road, it pools and reflects light. The weather and visual effects are better than anything I've ever seen in a game.

it's not so noticeable in still image, but above there are little streams running down the slope from the rain occurring in game

... there are some coal mounds in the game, where you can collect it:

and at Night, it is just as beautiful:

The game is so far about investigating the death of your family, it is an RPG style game, in the beta version there is not a lot to the storyline yet, but the potential is huge. The landscape they have created feels vast isolated away from the villages.

There is a very difficult (I think) to master combat system - at this stage the only time doing it has been at the practice area. It isn't a combat heavy game.

The most enjoyable aspect I've found has been the potion making...

All around the map, on the side of roads, next to buildings, pastures etc, you can pick different wild growing herbs and can then make potions from it. But it is a strict recipe. so you have to create it in the right order, mix it the right amount of time, the right direction etc. youtube videos if you want.

more pictures:

Requires a pretty powerful video card I think, I can play it okay, but when I turn the textures right up (it can look even better) it becomes pretty buggy.

I think it is great :)

Gordon Dry

Thanks for sharing.
Looks very interesting.
A proper potion making is a great thing.
Immersion is always great - no sleeping, no eating and stuff becomes boring soon.
The Witcher 3 is great, but food to heal and nothing else is not good.
And sleeping only to get a short time bonus is the same.
"The never sleeping and never eating RPG hero that never freezes and needs no sleeping bag, tent or camp fire at all..."

RedKetchup

it is UNBELIEVABLE all they can do now as graphic !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gordon Dry

And the industry must grow, so to have the best graphics you wreck your old graphics adapter and buy a GeForce GTX 1080 ... :-\

Tom Sawyer

Yep the industry must grow.^^ But the graphics looks fantastic. I watched a few videos ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhzjqrdnJo Extremely realistic and natural and without this strange swings of plants as in other games. But I don't like the swordplay stuff from the first person perspective. Was mostly a caster softy in RPG's ...  ;D

Tom Sawyer

I watched a few more videos and a interview with a developer. I wanted to know how they made this photorealistic landscape. These guys are crazy. They chose a region in Bohemia (about 16 kmĀ²) and reconstructed the landscape by topographical maps and aerial photographs. They made the trees based on photos from there and so on. This is not simply a high end graphics. It is an exact simulation of a landscape in Central Europe. I guess they are exactly in the historical things as well. This is a very interesting project.

Discrepancy

Yes that is why I like it straight away.
All I've really done in the beta access of the game is wander around and admire everything.

Have you ever played the game Mafia game that I linked to in the first post? It was made (directed) by the same guy in charge of this game,
From a child I had always had a liking for Italian gangster movies and when I got this game when it came out (on PC) it was nothing like anything else around, in particular GTA 3 which was out about a similar time. Mafia was very particular about the style and look for everything, the story-line and cut scenes are still one of the best I've come across in a game. I loved that you could get pulled over for speeding and going through red lights, and that you'd run out of petrol.

Haha, if I probably got out the old disc for it and gave it another play now, I might not think so much of it though...

Tom Sawyer

As I suspected. They have a full-time historian in the team. The story line has an authentic background. Will buy the game when I decide to buy a new machine. Then the industry must grown. ^^

I played many games but this Mafia game not. Funnily the games had the best atmosphere that does not necessarily have realistic graphics. When I think back to the 90s. I played the great adventures like Monkey Island, Indiana Jones or Alone in the Dark from Infogrames, one of the first 3D games. You could count the polygons but it was a great atmosphere. At that time I had a 386 with an incredible 40 MHz single core CPU and believe it or not 100 MB HD. The sound came from a beeper...  ;D