News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bind screenshot

Started by Bobbi, November 19, 2015, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

OK people so call me a complete idiot, but help me out. I have two copies of Banished, one on Steam in the beta, and one on GOG in 1.4. The steam version I have screen shot bound to F12 and it works, but I don't remember if I did anything special. The new game, the GOG version, I bound screen shot to F12 and it doesn't work. I can't take a screenshot. What do I need to do?

Trizeropz

Steam version normally has screenshot bind on f12. For every game. Maybe if you running both there is a conflict between cog and steam. Maybe steam reserved f12 bind while running. Try to close steam while playing with cog version:)

Paeng

Yeah, Trizerops has it right - I remember that issue from the early days...

I don't have Steam, so F11 and F12 (with and w/out interface) work fine for me.
And make sure you have the folder "Screenshots" set up - without that, your shots go to nirvana...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

i used to always had my screenshots with PntrScr and then one day, it completly stop and has been relocated to F12 and i dont know why and how.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Well I have tried F10 and various other unused keys and NOTHING works. Cannot do screenshots with GoG version. The Steam version, the ONLY thing that works is F12 on the UI button, the F11 on the non UI button does not work (and never has). So I either set it all up wrong or WTF?

Paeng

Quote from: Bobbi on November 20, 2015, 10:19:10 AMSo I either set it all up wrong?

Hmmm... I remember that when you set a new/different binding you need to re-start the game - did you try that?
Else I'm out of ideas...  :'(
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Regarding screenshots, I have GOG version of Banish only, with Windows 7 if that makes any difference.  I tried over and over to get screenshots but nothing with F11or F12 or PrtSc.  Through trial and error I discovered that Shift-PrtSc works for shots.  I have yet to get a shot with any interface.  Will try again, any info welcome, thanks.