News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adding MODs to the RK CHOICE

Started by brads3, April 18, 2019, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristahfer

The only thing I think we are missing is Beaver Skins. Beaver was in very high demand in the colonial time period for hats. While we have pelts I gather they are generic in nature; rabbit, beaver, fox, etc. It would be nice to have the specific item Beaver Skins with a higher trade value than just pelts, and only used for trade.

donwolfkonecny

Oh I didn't realize that was a collection building, I thought it was storage. I've never seen most of those boxes (buildings). So what do you think? Any reason to not use

New Pine Flora
RKEC
Pine Set 105 (107B)

And possibly even
NewPineFlora
PineSet 105
RKEC

If using NewPineFlora, is there any reason to use
NewFlora
I think RKEC has flax and Oats, so I'm not sure what NewFlora provides in addition. I guess rose hips?

brads3

Tandy's new flora mod does come with gathering buildings for the rose hips and a tailor.plus a building that specifically collects the wild honey.since most of the items are collected by KID's mods or the RK gatherer i see no need to add it. that is a choice. i am experimenting with KID's new flora edit with the flax. either will give more tool buttons to clear the food items.1 food gathering button won't clear them all. you end up going over the areas twice.

donwolfkonecny

Okay. At most worst would be to have stuff you can't collect taking space of stuff you COULD collect. Next worst would be having to use multiple manual collects. Best would be one gatherer collecting them all. Hey maybe someone could make a communal gatherer building that will collect everything that they everyone updates when they add more collectibles. Then everyone such as Red doesn't have to keep updating his. If I want to use other mods with his, for my gatherer I use the communal gatherer that gets updated. IE if I made a mod with more stuff, then I could update that mod. And anyone else can update it as well, when they add collectibles.

donwolfkonecny

Quote from: brads3 on April 21, 2019, 09:57:53 AM
the pine mod 1.05 below the RK with the new flora patch IS NOT CRASHING. i tried today,it is working. even the pine and maple foresters planting  has not crashed the game. again with the new flora patch loading above the RK and the pine mod 1.05 at the bottom of the order. i was quite surprised that it didn't crash in 30 seconds.

I do not get that results. Four tries of mine (using fewer and fewer mods) crashed. Until just now,
FlaxPatch
NewPineFlora
RKEC
PineSet
crashes within a minute or so

I tried
FlaxPatch
NewPineFlora
PineSet
RKEC
and that does not crash, but doesn't work with charcoal (Blacksmith) which is how I got here in the first place.
So I guess it does not work.

RK, do you know why it is crashing? And/or why the charcoal is not working, and is there a way for this to work?
Do you think you could please make a patch that would convert his charcoal back into whatever charcoal flags you use? But also his blacksmith etc so his can also use. I also notice his houses won't take charcoal as fuel.

brads3

charcoal is coded different was different even if using CC versions and pne mods. Necora has a couple things coded slightly different you will get double eggs,flax,and charcoal tags in the inventory. the maple sap is in-edible until processed into syrup.

my original assumption was the crashes were happening because RED re-coded some of the trees. so far it seems the pine mod works as long as the new flora patch is used to spawn the items. if you are still crashing with the new pine flora mod above the RK and them both above the RK,i would add the TH patch from RED.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=489

the flax patch was to help flora,pine,and CC flax work back and forth. i tried using it and KID's workplace tailor still would not use it.i showed 2 flax in inventory. i also tested using KID's flora edit without any differences. the flax has to be processed into linen and then clothing. or use KID's ghost town mod for the flax garden.

donwolfkonecny

okay so where does RKTHPatch go?
FlaxPatch
RKTHPatch
NewPineFlora
RKEC
PineSet

RedKetchup

i personally used the same concept of charcoal as CC. so it is totally 100% compatible with CC and MM. It is for us, a Fuel and WoodFuel material flags.

now if the other modders decided charcoal is not fuel/woodfuel and is a "Coal" "mineral" instead... then you maybe have a risk that the building doesnt have the proper flag to allow the item being deposite inside its personal storage for processing. i cannot tell you what Necora (or Tiny) decided for their buildings. if certain buildings arent working while you have some that are working perfectly, why it is a such trouble ? dont use the buildings that are broken.

about the crash after X time i think it is linked to some items spawning missing some 3D meshes when it spawns (cause the bad mod order).... if the game cannot find the files it needs, it crashes.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i use the townhall patch above other mods. as there is a TH included with the pine mod.

RedKetchup

i can make a Charcoal is Charcoal quick fix mod to make sure all your charcoal are Fuel | WoodFuel and have all proper files to be graphically stored in stockpiles....

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 22, 2019, 11:32:15 AM
i can make a Charcoal is Charcoal quick fix mod to make sure all your charcoal are Fuel | WoodFuel and have all proper files to be graphically stored in stockpiles....

here a patch:

RK Charcoal Patch.
Description: "Version 1.0 , RK Charcoal Patch has been created to help players to make sure Charcoal is Charcoal and compatible with RKEC and CC & MM mods. "

To put on top of mod list in save game to make sure Charcoal is a Fuel | WoodFuel flag item.

RedKetchup

Oh Here another one, a little test in case :

RK Charcoal Patch Extended.
Description: "Version 1.0 , RK Charcoal Patch has been created to help players to make sure Charcoal is Charcoal and compatible with RKEC and CC & MM mods. This extended version add Coal flag to it too. ";

To put on top of mod list in save game to make sure Charcoal is a Fuel | WoodFuel | CoalFuel flags item.
the only thing with that, your charcoal will also be counted in your Minerals Limit. (aka coal limit)
so if a blacksmith template doesnt accept fuel or woodfuel, and accepting coalfuel, it will help for this case to accept charcoal.

donwolfkonecny

Wow that's speedy service!!! lol
I will try it out. I will put it at top above FlaxPatch. If Pine changes TH, then I guess this needs to be above Pine stuff. I wonder whether his buildings will continue to work...
The building that is broken is the BlackSmith because it takes charcoal.
I like that your Blacksmith has copper and alloy tools. So if I use the Pine mod BS, I don't get your nice choices. :)
I also notice that all Pine buildings seem to be much smaller than vanilla, sometimes less than half, such as the Blacksmith. I think part of the challenge is to deal with the space constraints of the vanilla, so I will consider that "cheating" or at least "nerfing". Unless the abilities are reduced, I like the idea of there being multiple versions of a building, kinda like North's Workshops and firepit. A cheap small building you can build early to make things you need, but not efficiently. Either they take a lot of time or more resources. Then one or two more levels of buildings that are larger and cost more to build, are more efficient. That reflects "economy of scale" that we find in real life. I can make a tool or clothing at my house, but it will take much longer and cost much more than if made in a factory. That makes sense to me. So, small BS med BS and large BS, and of course they would require advanced materials, maybe the third tier requires materials that cannot be made, only purchased, such as aluminum, or steelbeams. I'd like there to be a point to trading.
PS I think your Farmstand fits in that model because while it is small, it does not have great range or capacity. In fact, I would say smaller buildings should have even more penalty that what you made, because of "economy of scale". So in other words a market that is half the size of the vanilla market, would have LESS than half the radius and capacity, as a penalty. Otherwise everything could be one square big and it wouldn't be much of a game.
Thank you again for the coal patch!
Ah I see you already added a newer one, I will grab that one. Thanks for the notice about the coal limit. I tend to max then ignore limits because they combine things. So I might think I have plenty of lumber but it's actually all thatch. Or lots of iron ore, but it's actually copper ore etc.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on April 22, 2019, 12:11:22 PM
I like that your Blacksmith has copper and alloy tools. So if I use the Pine mod BS, I don't get your nice choices. :)

thats normal. The crafting list data are stored in the building template. only the modder of those building can add copper recipes to their own blacksmith buildings.
you need to ask them, i cannot do anything unless i have their code and know which templates i need to edit.

there is so much could be done, if the developper would have cared about us and what we are saying...

donwolfkonecny

Huzzah!
This order is finally working...for the first three minutes of the game at least!
AND BS loads charcoal.
And Pine Blacksmith...doesn't seem to use charcoal??? Not sure why it messes with charcoal. Maybe something else does. Oh well I'm ready to play a game beyond test and see how things go! :)
Note when I placed PineSet ABOVE RK it still crashed for me. So I moved it below and that seems to work. I wonder if I lose anything. I hope to produce maple syrup soon!
Note also I used NewFlora because that's what the NewPineFlora indicated, I don't know where it adds anything in addition to NewPineFlora.
Note also brad I keep hearing you talk about flax but it seems you don't use LinenProduction and if you haven't, you might want to give it a go. I think that is for what the FlaxPatch was created.