News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A Long Way To Go

Started by Paeng, July 15, 2014, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Today I observed a bizarre happening -
somehow this peep managed to cross a creek at or near an unfinished bridge, but apparently could not cross back - so he took the long way...

This is where he started - a healthy, happy young male with the best education:

He walked all the way around this huge lake...

... arrived at the other end with his health and happiness quite intact, found a place to warm up... and died.   :o

A minute later, a 7-year-old boy started the same run... He made it to the other side - and survived! So he visited his parent's house in the east (right where his adventure had started), played for a while, ended up idling along the western borders... and then -to my dismay- started this trip again, but in the opposite direction (retracing his steps)...

Again he survived - but by now he was a very unhappy 8-year old, his health was ruined, never to fully recover for the rest of his life.

By then, the tiny bridge over the creek was done and had stopped this nonsense.

* Oh, by the way - the seed is 495238111 (medium, fair)... if you like to cram 30, 40 trade posts into your stretch of river this might be a pretty tough challenge...   8)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

I once had a citizen get across a river with no bridge whatsoever. I hadn't realized I'd marked a single stone for harvest when I was marking stone on the proper side of the creek, so he apparently went to get it. Once he had it he realized he couldn't get back and the homeless icon popped up. Fortunately I got a bridge built before he starved and he ran home. And, wouldn't you know it, his name was Demon.

In 1.0.3 are builders still compulsive about working from both sides of a bridge? That would explain adults going around the lake, but not children.