News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

3D modelling etc

Started by JohnHarrison, March 22, 2018, 02:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnHarrison

Good evening, I'm quite good at 3d modelling but I can't stand the coding part (even if small, sorry I'm dumb) so I'm wondering if anyone is on the opposite situation and would like to team up, I already contributed to other communities in the past and I'd really like to release something for this game too.
Thanks in advance!

Gatherer

Perhaps contact forum member @The Pilgrim

He needs some help with his New England Houses Mod - > http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2305.0
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

The Pilgrim

I appreciate the referral, but kid is taking care of the update. I will need help in a few weeks when I am ready to do the next stage.

RedKetchup

hello and welcome on WoB !!

some of us can maybe locked into projects but whenever and anytime to have something made, let us know and we can make you the code you need for your new draw :) following what you wish for your building to be :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

JohnHarrison

Thanks for the replies, I'll start working on something and I'll post when I'm done.
@The Pilgrim great, I read that thread before joining here and I'm interested in the results so good work!
Btw reading around this seems like a nice community, I'll be really happy if I can contribute.

JohnHarrison

A little preview, do you notice any error so far? I'm a little concerned about scaling but it looks realistic imho.

RedKetchup

looks good, 5 width by 6 long  ;)

Gatherer

I think the chimney should be at the back of the house. To not obstruct the view from the window in the attic.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

JohnHarrison

In theory you are right and I've never seen a building with this layout too, but as you can see the real life counterpart is the same.

JohnHarrison

Another little update, I'm planning to draw another couple of mid density row houses plus variations and then start texturing.

Edit: what do you suggest as poly count and level of detail?

RedKetchup

bah thats ok to have a chimney in front. Banished vanilla has one. and i even redone it in my big mod.

it is just you need to take care of the windows each side... there is not alot of space between the windows and the chimney

whats about to move the central windows toward more to the right , toward the door. it will give you more space to the left, and then re center your chimney ?
(and also move the little extention done on the roof to follow the windows you moved to the right ? so it doesnt be on the chimney way)

JohnHarrison

Done and added the construction steps of the other building, it looks better.

I choose a stranger building as first corner (still wip).

RedKetchup

JohnHarrison

A little touch of colour and a couple of new buildings.

galensgranny