News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Multiple output buildings -- inner mechanics

Started by ordinart, January 15, 2019, 05:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordinart

Hi, I looked around a while and can't find definitive answer if i.e. dairy(the one in megamod that produces i.a. butter) creates 1 type of resource at once or all of them?
To be specific if worker takes 15 milk should I expect 12 units of random type? 36 units? 12 units overall but with random distribution?
If there is uneven distribution of resources is the ratio known?(ideally I would like to know for dairy and butchers)
Tia

RedKetchup

Hi !

a building will produce something only 1 job at the time.
We can call it : a job done.

the goal of the job is to produce something, the number created depends of the qty we decided it will drop. and that number is set in the raw material file.
there is 2 numbers at those : amount created uneducated, and another amount created educated.
example my bread:
   int _lowCreateCount = 20;
   int _highCreateCount = 28;

so when 1 job done at the bakery, it will drop or 20 or 28 bread depending education. nothing else. then the worker will start another job done. and he will get another 20 or 28 bread. then the worker will start another job done till he has the required materials.

if you go in its menu and choose hot little cakes.... the raw material files of this new item has the numbers it will create :
   int _lowCreateCount = 16;
   int _highCreateCount = 20;

now each time the worker will make 1 job done... it will drop or 16 or 20 little cakes depending educ. nothing else.

we can never specify to drop 2 things in same time. only the game can do it with the pastures/hunter/kill an animal
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 15, 2019, 06:53:03 PM
Hi !

we can never specify to drop 2 things in same time. only the game can do it with the pastures/hunter/kill an animal

i disagree. the old dairy creamery did produce cream,cheese,and butter randomly at the same time. it is part of CC. it took in milk and gave a random variety out.aslo KIDs veggy's are sorted and give a random amount of different vegetables.  i do agree that the game can not drop 2 different items on 1 tile........... so far.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on January 15, 2019, 11:38:32 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 15, 2019, 06:53:03 PM
Hi !

i disagree. the old dairy creamery did produce cream,cheese,and butter randomly at the same time. it is part of CC. it took in milk and gave a random variety out.aslo KIDs veggy's are sorted and give a random amount of different vegetables.  i do agree that the game can not drop 2 different items on 1 tile........... so far.

yes and my quarry has a list of 20 items (with some appear  more often than other rare things) but it is still 1 job done at the time.
in the code, if i put -1 at a certain function, it will trigger the RNG roll to do which item is being made. any other number will tell the game you have to choose and which one is the number, this is the ine that will be the default .
my RKEC blacksmith has the number : 8 at that function. when you build it, it automatically stand on the 8th recipe.

if i put -1 there.... the computer will RNG a random number, will check what it needs, and go pickup the material to make 1 job done.  there will be nothing else in that job. after done, the computer will RNG another number  and it will do that one.

and it is RNG. you cannot put 2 recipes and ask to do 1 to do 2 to do 1 to do 2 .... 1 2 1 2 1 2. it will be random.

ordinart

I'm sorry I forgot, of course I meant educated workers and for reference I'm using this.
So to summarise, there is only 1 product at a time and there is possibility to weight recipes for RNG.
Could you tell me the probabilities of recipes for dairy and butcher? Or at least tell me how to calculate myself?(I tried using this but I couldn't find where in provided code are output values)

RedKetchup

it is mainly a CC question. i personally dont have any template file from CC... i will gonna ask someone from CC to examine your question.

kralyerg

For the CC Dairy, it is random, but there's just the 3 options: Cream, Cheese, Butter.  So each one has a 33% chance of being selected.

CC Butchers are pretty much exactly the same. There's 3 outputs, Cuts, Sausages, and Tallow.  Each has a 33% chance of being selected.