News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

NMT3.1Series: Canal Set - Radeon for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, June 06, 2017, 05:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Hi Red.

I adapted one canal piece to see if I could make a connector.

All is well so far but what is that watermurky texture attached to?

I see only one plane (WaterMoving) in your mesh and it seems like the Watermoving has a watermoving texture attached to it.

If I put the channel piece down I see a dark blue square at the bottom and the sides from the bottom of the sidewalks are just the green ground texture from Vanilla.  But if I put one of your pieces down the walls from the bottom of the side walks to the -4 depth is also dark blue.

I hope it is clear what I try to describe. And to be clear. This is the Radeon thread but I downloaded the NVidia set.

Here a picture. The right side is mine. the left side is yours. Don't look at the wood texture (Deformed) and a lot needs still tweaking. You see your walls are blue too and mine is not.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 10, 2017, 10:06:30 AMdo i see 2x bad terraforming in this picture ?

No, the pump is not plopped... I just held the piece in with the mouse and then took a screenshot without UI... actually the pump is on some red (impossible) squares... it was just to show how well the pump would fit the theme...   :)

@Brad - no, I feel it would not really need a complete new texture (skin), not everything needs to be totally uniform and "neat"... I'm fine with other pieces using a slightly different stone or whatever (built at different times etc.)   ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

my thinking too. i didn't mean for REd to change all the pieces he has done. that would be insane. i ment that a rough mixed stone texture for some pieces might be nice.as you say then it isn't all uniform and overly neat.like for a piece that the pump or different traders could be added onto

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 11, 2017, 12:05:27 AM
Hi Red.

I adapted one canal piece to see if I could make a connector.

All is well so far but what is that watermurky texture attached to?
I see only one plane (WaterMoving) in your mesh and it seems like the Watermoving has a watermoving texture attached to it.

i built all the pieces with 2 planes of water. 1 was the living water, the 2nd, just -0.1' inder the water with a blue water texture. it was destinated for the radeon version. i intented to put those for that version so if i didnt want to redo everything.... i've put them there right from the begining, and just before to save the nvidia version , i deleted them ! i saved tons of hours by doing this. put there and delete instead to redo everything to add a plane.

If I put the channel piece down I see a dark blue square at the bottom and the sides from the bottom of the sidewalks are just the green ground texture from Vanilla.  But if I put one of your pieces down the walls from the bottom of the side walks to the -4 depth is also dark blue.

yeah thats the terraforming and game engine that do that. if you dig far enough, the game change the color of the slopes and the bottom to dark blue color. Luke did that to help his water lakes look better. there is no way to dig that far without blue color. it is integrated into the game.

I hope it is clear what I try to describe. And to be clear. This is the Radeon thread but I downloaded the NVidia set.

Here a picture. The right side is mine. the left side is yours. Don't look at the wood texture (Deformed) and a lot needs still tweaking. You see your walls are blue too and mine is not.

if you use the same parameters in code as me : quarry at -4.0 .. and you place the "floor" mesh as deep as me... and if you cut the wall at -1,98' like me...  you should get the same effect.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I loaded one mesh of yours and only changed the string table and such. Recompiled and there is a difference still as seen in the picture.
Probably a little thing I overlooked. If I ever get bored I shall look at it again.

It does not really matter anymore because I can use ghosting or your overlap technology so not need to touch your canals at all besides to use them as a guide for the right placement of the ghosting.
I learned a lot though from the sources though :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

i was going to answers about the other previous post about the dark stone canal..... but when i tried to quote.... i cant find anymore the post lol. (like if it got deleted^^)

the dark stone looks awesome with the marsh swamp terrain color. but unfortunatly, the setting thats come with is full of lakes everywhere in the map :(
i wish i can find that texture and add it to the game with valley settings, without adding all those lakes.

taniu

@ RedKetchup. Fantastic mod as always your work is great, although I do not know specifically about channel building Thank you. :) Cheers :D

RedKetchup

Version 3.11 Bugfixes :

- Fixed all the 6x Watermills 3D. The terraforming wasnt done properly.
- Fixed the Classic stone 8X Watermills. The 8x wasnt scaled properly, they were still in 6x.
- Fixed all the 4x 6x 8x Watermill reversed footprints. The reversed water versions didnt had their good footprint with the blue arrow going the other direction.

Sorry for the bugs.

Thanks to @PredatorBeing  who found some bugs.