News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Dogs

Started by banishedsanni, March 12, 2019, 12:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banishedsanni

Dogs! My bannies need dogs, to bark at paasing trains or to defend their sheeps. So far there are only wolfes that can be placed... and who would let a wolf take care of sheep?
So could someone do 1 or 2 or some different dogs like german shephard and so on or is their already a mod like this i dont know?

*EDIT: The pic shows a (domesticated?) wolf

RedKetchup

i dont know how to make animated animals. you cannot ask dogs to protect sheeps though :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

banishedsanni

They dont need to be animated. I just wish to have some dogs to place like the other static animals in the deco section (where u can find zebras or dolphins too but no dogs)

galensgranny

@banishedsanni , there is a dog in the Mega Mod deco pack.  They call it "Alsation", which is the same as the German Shepherd dog.  It is on the top row between a deer and a bear.  That would be much better than using the wolf to guard the sheep!

galensgranny

By the way, bannishedsanni, your town section looks wonderful!

banishedsanni

banishedsanni

galensgranny i did not know that alsation is a word for that kind of dog in english. so i always had a dog but never knew! thnx for telling me :)
Now my sheep are secured!

Anyway anyone feel free to bring some more dogs :D

galensgranny

The dog used to always be called "German Shepherd", but during one of the World Wars, the side against the Germans, including Great Britain, decided to rename the dog "Alsation" since they didn't want their dogs to have anything "German" about them.  In the US, I never heard of this dog called "Alsation", but it seems the country neutral name has stuck in some places in Europe.

banishedsanni

Very interesting, thnx for that historical context! :D

Alsation means something like "from the region alsace (Elsass)". A cultural and historical region in eastern France, on the west bank of the upper Rhine next to Germany and Switzerland. For more than 300 years, from the Thirty Years' War to World War II, the political status of Alsace was heavily contested between France and various German states in wars and diplomatic conferences. Until today theres a lot of german cultural influence in this region, lot of speak german there too - so not very neutral in the end. :O

galensgranny

Indeed, not a country neutral name.  In that case, it probably happened something like this:  A group of soldiers in Alsace were resting with their dogs after a hard day of fighting the Germans.  One soldier had been complaining about the war, and asserted with passion, "And another thing- these dogs are not German!  They were born here in Alsace.  They are Alsation!"  Everyone clapped and cheered and from then on used the new, correct-to-them name for their shepherd dogs.

banishedsanni

lol :D we will never know but sounds very plausible

Jewelz

Found the dog!
(I posted elsewhere about this.)