News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New setup (Vanilla) Tips for trading setup.

Started by OnkelAqua2, June 17, 2019, 03:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I cross my fingers that you manage to reach your goal. Don´t forget you can also buy more food during the expansion time.

OnkelAqua2

Yes ofcourse :) I'll keep Trading.

I have reached 9 mill food, and increased housing by + 200. Lots of new children. Went from about 400 to 630. In a couple of years I'll get a lot of new laborers. And I need them.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

OnkelAqua2

Reached 9.5 mill food. I have lots of empty storage barns left. The Capacity limit message is probably because there is "only" 10% or less left. But 10% is enough to get to 10 mill :) lets see if the pop grows to break even with the food, the boats can deliver.

OnkelAqua2

*GOAL ACHIEVED*

10 mill food in storage :) 408K Firewood - 51K Steeltools - 32K Warmcoats. 3800 Pop

Nilla

Well done! Now I wish you luck. What do you think; how many inhabitants will there be and how long time will it take until you get there?

moonbelf

OnkelAqua2

Well the goal is 20K pop. I'll add houses and Marketplaces. When there is no more room left, I'll start demolish cubes of barns and replace them with houses.

Nilla

Please, tell us how it gets along.

This is one of those "experiments" I find very interesting but I´m also very happy, that it´s not my game. If you understand what I mean. I admire your patience a lot!

OnkelAqua2

Update. 5K pop. And I still have + 10 mill food in storage.

Lot's of houses added + some marketplaces and a few TP's. 2 TP's left to build.

OnkelAqua2

Update: 6K pop and still have 10.3 million food in storage.

- All TP's have been built
- Vendors at max now
- A small outbreak of typhus, made me find some spots at the river, to built a few more hospitals for future outbreaks.
- A lot more new homes
- South area almost filled

OnkelAqua2

Update:

7K pop

Somehow I STILL have + 10 mill food in storage.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

OnkelAqua2

Oh boy - here comes trouble. At 8K pop and an outbreak of yellow fever is out of control. The programmer of this game thought it would be really funny, if he programmed the infected of yellow fever to seek a doctor - not at the nearest hospital - not the second nearest hospital, but at the THIRD nearest hospital, so they can spread the disease a lot more. The first person who got the yeallow fever, was standing right next to the hospital. But he ignored it and went on a long journey instead. The same happens with the newly infected.

@Nilla I looked into the problems with the low production of ale. It turned out that both the Marketplaces and storage barns close to the Breweries, had been sucked dry for apples. And other foods were storaged instead. So I changed about 50% of the Breweries to Peach, plum, pear and cheery ale. The ratio is the same as with apples for those fruits (30:10). Production went up from a staggering low of 139K in year 89 to 176K in year 90. And now in year 91 production is up to 227K in late winter.

Nilla

I can tell a tale about infections in dense settlements and stupid Bannis first passing hospitals to go to a marketplace, in school or to another well-visited site, infecting everyone there and everyone he meets on his way. I wish that not everyone gets the Yellow fever in your settlement.

By the way; I think that the sick person visits the nearest hospital to his home. In these large settlements, the "reassign jobs" function doesn´t work (at least that´s what I´ve seen and I´ve never been close to your 8000 inhabitants) and more people are on the roads than usual.

One question; why do you import different kinds of fruit? If you only bought apples, your problems would be out of the way.