News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What is wrong?

Started by Nilla, October 09, 2014, 09:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

As I returned from my holidays I am eager to try some of the new mods. So I downloaded some (mostly RedKetchup creations) and what happens?

Cannot start Banished at all!!!  >:(

Didn´t even make a try to start and than have a crash (has happened a couple of times before).

Does it have something to do with the fact, that I havn´t downloaded the new beta-patch yet? I usually wait until it is not beta anymore. Or maybe that i don´t have (and don´t intend to get) a Steam account?

The game runs again after I deleted all mods. So unless someone have a better suggestion, I will now load the mods again, one or two at the time and see which ones cause the trouble.

salamander

I'm pretty sure (almost certain) you need to have the most recent beta patch in order to use the mods.  Previous versions of the game apparently don't 'know' how to handle the mod files.

Hope this helps.

irrelevant

Personally, I'm not going to start a new town with mods until 1.04 is out of beta. Still reading about too many unexplained crashes.

RedKetchup

yes you need absolutly to upgrade to new build 141003
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 09, 2014, 09:31:28 AM
Personally, I'm not going to start a new town with mods until 1.04 is out of beta. Still reading about too many unexplained crashes.

@irrelevant, where is your sense of adventure? Can this be the same @irrelevant who scaled the heights of 6000 citizen?

;)

I have to admit that I've been starting a new town almost every day because some new or updated mod catches my fancy. The current situation is not good for someone with a short attention span.

irrelevant

Hah! @rkelly17 there's adventure, and there's, uh, hmm, some other thing that's not adventure. This is that some other thing. ;)

Pangaea

It's a sensible stand, I think. I've started many new games just to try out this or that mod, but I'm not planning to start another serious town with loads of mods until 1.0.4 is out of beta. Too many crashes when testing out mods, and it would royally suck to lose a town I've put a hundred hours into.

rkelly17

I have to admit that I haven't exactly thrown caution to the winds. The only commodities I have added to the game are honey and mead, which don't test the limits of the TP or merchants. My big bugaboo has been map-creating mods. I'd love a super-huge mostly flat map, but that apparently is not to be. Meanwhile with @RedKetchup's decorative items and storage buildings, The Fountain Mod Lite, improved fields and @slink's immortal orchards I am crash free. @slink's insights about the registry file have also helped in getting past map-generation misadventures. The next time I get that far I'm going to test @slink's no-seed-merchant mod and see what happens.

Pangaea

I've had most problems with map-generating mods too. However, in case it was missed, Luke mentioned somewhere that instability with huge maps could be due to a limitation in the game's memory handling, as it was apparently capped at 256MB. Big maps with loads of objects take up room, sometimes more than there is, and all their states are saved when saving the game, so at that point the game can crash. Hopefully this issue will be solved in an upcoming patch, which MAY make the map-generating mods more stable.