News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I want to make a mod that creates an orcharder for the orchards

Started by EarnestErnest, November 11, 2017, 09:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarnestErnest

I wanted to control farmers and orchards separately since their work with different grow rate and stuff

Regards

brads3

can you explain why you think separating the orchard farmers from farmers would be helpful? you could fake it by using the CC orchard forest mod. all orchards would be gatherers after several years of planting by the forester.CC claims it takes 4years to get production without using other mods.with the forever tree mod you wouldn't have to replant them. i think KID's greenhouses would help separate the workers as well but you would be more limited to what you can grow.

EarnestErnest

Hi brad. The reason is that Before entering winter farmers will have harvested the farms, and the orcharders are always a step behind. So by Autumn I have all my farmers idle, because they have nothing to do till winter(that's when they become laborer). I simply can't relocate all of my farmers to do something else, because orcharders would do aswell (leaving the harvesting half-done). I could manually shut down the farms and only leave the orcharders, but having 14 farms, clicking 14 times the shutdown button every Autumn is a pain in the asteroid.

I will check those mods you mentioned, thanks!.
Anyway, I am about to finish with a mod that does what I want. So I might upload it later, I guess.
Here are some pics, excuse the cel-quality:

RedKetchup

the farmer and the orchard farmer are controled by the "building" itself. you can make a mod that will make a new profession O.Farmer and you can edit the vanilla "orchard building" and make it use the new profession O.Farmer but if you are using any other mod that add another different version of "orchard building" like in CC.... those other ochard wont use the O.Farmer profession.
you would need to put the hand on the code of all other "orchard building" edit them and add them in your mod.

the control of who is working is stated in the building template (and yes a crop or an orchard is a building too)

EDIT: O.Farmer or Orcharder ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

EarnestErnest

That's right Red, I just did that a couple of hours ago. Seems to work well without mods, I don't plan to play it with CC soon, though. I just need to assign a profession sprite to it , but I don't want to do a sprite sheet for just one sprite

brads3

interesting idea. it is good to see new modders. may i ask what you would like the farmers to do in winter? i actually like the workers becoming laborers when they are caught up rather it be farming or blacksmiths or tailors.that helps scatter items around the map so forgotten places are stocked.

EarnestErnest

I have exclusively learnt the modkit just to make this mod xD( and a storage shed for medicine, based on the generic Storage Shed, but that is WIP).

In winter I can easily get around 90 laborers, and since I don't plan much laboring work, (and also I do not expand  so much so as to clear big  areas with resources)  many of them just go idle during winter, i figured out that the amount of labor work needed was already satisfied.  That's why I need to relocate them to other job asap.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .