News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mini Warehouse

Started by kid1293, March 23, 2019, 04:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Mini Warehouse

edit - I have updated this small warehouse with an f-key stone wall version.
Same name.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=548

For those who want to change anything, I have included the source.

Gatherer

Nice. Given the small capacity it will come handy for some odd items from various mods.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Capacity is easily adjusted. But he requested 500. Too low, I thought.

Kristahfer

Capacity is questionable @kid1293 . 500 or 800 is too low for a warehouse if I understand the warehouse concept and almost a waste of 1 or more workers. 3000-5000 would be just about right me thinks.

kid1293

Abandoned

It is a very small warehouse - more than that would be unreasonable to fit inside.  3000-5000 would be unbelievable.  Solution is to build several and have worker switch from one to the other or simply build bigger warehouses.  There are warehouses in Kid Old Town and in Old Town Ports & Pirates.  There are warehouse sleighs and RK has a large separate warehouse also.

RedKetchup

it is always the problem with the "minis". people want 1x2,2x3,3x3 things but they want as productive as a 6x6. Already the footprints are ridiculous and cause that, you have no choice to make it cost like nothing. you cannot imagine something which the look of it seems to be made with a quarter of ONE tree, and set it up like it will take 30 logs 10 stone.... while one tree should been enough by judging the look of it to build it... so no size... no cost...  i can understand people dont have a good PC and they are stuck to play small map... but they anyways never never use the totality of the map size. i saw plenty of small map barely filled at 1/10th if not 1/20th with buildings and everything else is empty. their whole map is empty...

i did the farmstand as asked... but if i would include it in RKEC, i would have to nerf it a lot.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

There is nothing wrong with this mini warehouse as it is and it would be very useful on any size of map.  :)

kid1293

I agree with @RedKetchup that this should not be used to cheat.
If you take tiles (not road) you get 200 per tile in the vanilla barn.
I should stay with 600 for this warehouse but I think it just a small matter.

I agree with @Abandoned that I should keep it as it is.
I also got a positive response from @donwolfkonecny who requested it like this.

You can still put 800 onions in it. Only 32 iron though.

donwolfkonecny

Yes the point is it IS mini.
@Kristahfer There is a larger RK Warehouse that holds quite a bit. I also use that full sized warehouse, I recommend you try it out. This one is supposed to serve only one building, without taking up a lot of space, so that means low quantities. But it can be only one item so that's a lot of one item. And build another one in a different building cluster to serve a different production line. But multiple large warehouses would take up too much space.
What I do is, I tell it to fill with fertilizer or whatever, then I tell it to unload to a storage yard or cart or barn or whatever is appropriate. Then I stop work there. So it's not wasting the worker because they are only used in bursts. Ideally this wouldn't be necessary because there would be a market you could tell to only pull flowers or something, but there is not. So this is my way to compensate for that :)

Kid, any chance the workers could fit 500 in their wheelbarrows? :)
I think the worker on the fullsized warehouse carries 500.
Okay wait, I don't have a full warehouse in this village yet. But I think marketplace workers carry 500, but it seems the RK Carts only carry 100.
Well if you think 500 for the mini warehouse worker would be OP, and smaller building means smaller transport, then nevermind :)

Abandoned

donwolfkonecny

Thanks for the idea. That appears to be for vendors and traders but warehouse has workers so I'm not sure it would apply, but I'll check it out!

Abandoned

:) I thought of that same thing, warehouse has workers not vendors, you beat me to reply  :)  It will work for all markets though.

Kristahfer

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 23, 2019, 10:34:50 AM
it is always the problem with the "minis". people want 1x2,2x3,3x3 things but they want as productive as a 6x6.

Very good point @RedKetchup keeping the size as originally designed is the best bet.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Kristahfer on March 23, 2019, 09:47:21 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 23, 2019, 10:34:50 AM
it is always the problem with the "minis". people want 1x2,2x3,3x3 things but they want as productive as a 6x6.

Very good point @RedKetchup keeping the size as originally designed is the best bet.

bah this is because size is a very very important thing in this game, more important than anything else. All the game mechanics is based on the size of the map , size of the buildings, and how fast the citizens go from one point to the other to do their task and their errants or go to their shelter.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .