Main Menu

Looking for good modpack's or groups.

Started by Pai, July 19, 2019, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on September 18, 2019, 05:49:41 PM
Yeah, I know the stats.
Awww.... *sniff   :(

Gimme my chart back then!   Geesh, you try and help someone and they turn out to be a know-it-all!

rofl   :P   Just teasin'
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

You crack me up. :D So glad you're here.

eta: It's a really nice chart, by the way.

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

And just because we're friends I'll... just this once... pretend I didn't notice you lookin' into everyone's bedroom.

*starts calling up forum friends to arrange an intervention*

Damn!  Busy signals!

Soon... soon.

irrelevant

Gotta know what they're getting up to, to make sure new houses get built on time and in the right place. :) Don't want those 13 y/o future mothers to have to walk too far to complete their educations when they hook up with the 16 y/o laborer down the street.

eta: oops, he switched jobs. I'm thinking Jalynne is going to be getting all A's from here on out.

g_BonE77

I don't mean to hijack this thread but i thought the title might just fit as i, too, am looking for things. I've spend almost a day reading through the Village Blogs subforum and saw some truly amazing things there. Most of the threads there start with a list of mods the creators are using and i came across a few mod names quite often but cant seem to match those to anything in the downloads section. Maybe any of You nice folks would want to help me out finding those, possibly with a link ?:

RK Minimized Status
Longer Living Orchards

iSeeFire
Charburner
GrowRoots
FlyFishing
FishingDockBuff
Hunting
Ketchup
GreedyMerchants
SeasonFX
SafetyHole
unlimited
OneStopAllMining
Radius
UnhappinessRadius
ProperTime
Forgetaboutorchard
LaborWindow
StorageShed
wintinRoads

Thanks a lot in advance.
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

brads3

good job GATHERER. the ining mods were found at NEXUS. i thnk they renamed them. there is another site that does have soe others
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/browse

others lie the propertime mod are here at WOB but buried in the pages. a search should pull those up-  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1329.0

g_BonE77

Wow, that was quick. Thank You so much! I'll scour the webs a little more to get all those together and hope they all work with my dreamed-up wild west style frontier modpack.

Edit:
So it looks like UnhappinessRadius.pkm and HappinessRadius.pkm were hosted on BlackLiquidSoftware at some time in the past and are no longer to be found. Maybe someone could help out here and attach it to the downloads for me? As for the "GrowRoots" and "Unlimited" mods i didn't have any luck finding. Oh well...

brads3

go thru the download sections. the 1.07 mods and check the other as well. there are some 1.06 mods that are useful.market and storage barns use the old limit settings but houses are the same. the barns can be good and bad. they won't move all the new items,only very few will try and get stuck. most will help keep the new items away from the main village. did you see the page on organizing a mod order? that has some write up as to what some of the mods do.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.0

g_BonE77

So i came up with this modlist and it seems to be working quite well. I also tried to integrate ChooChoo because it fits the desert map frontier style game i currently play quite nicely but alas no matter where in the load order i put it, it always crashed the game.

There are a few more quirks, like carbon steel tools not being able to be crafted but that might be because i dont have the full RKEditorsChoice pack enabled.

Might post a few screnshots of the town in the sightseeing thread later.

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

Edit: Feel free to suggest any changes in the load order that is obviously incorrect!

brads3

i see issues. there is a difference between if it works and if it works completly. if it didnt work at all, it would crash on load. however,are all the mods being loaded fully and adding the effects? each mod has a purpose,sometimes more than 1. some mods are very dependant on where in the mod order they are.  just cause each mod loaded does not mean it is working.game reads the top mod 1st. mods below it can add to it but not change any part of the coding that the top mod already changed.

we often tell players to start with 1 or 2 mods than add more as you go along.1 reason for this is so they can see what each mod does.then as you add more you see the changes. if you add 10 mods at once it is much harder to tell what each 1 does or if all of them are working.

once you have a stable working mod order, it is easier to add to it or adjust things. it also makes it easier to narrow down problems and fix them.

this is a guide to organizing the order
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.0

MarkAnthony

KidWorkPlaceVillage includes KidWorkPlace so you can remove that. And if TinySmoke is like other smoke mods then you should place that above all your "building" mods unless it appears as green in your in-game mod list otherwise some buildings may still show normal smoke.

Does the game crash at a certain point, like if you click a certain toolbar button? Perhaps you have too many buttons within that toolbar, the limit is 22 buttons (in a single row) per toolbar button. If so use this to fix that, it creates a second row for extra buttons to overflow into; maybe ChooChoo is adding a lot more buttons to an already near-full toolbar. If I were to guess, I think this might be the cause of your game crashes.

Also, check Discrepancy's mod list, he has a suggested mod order for his mods - you should follow that as well; Discrepancy knows best!  :)

g_BonE77

Hijacking other's threads is not nice so i opened my own here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3444.0

@MarkAnthony i use @Discrepancy 's mod banishedUImt (Banished UI: Minimised Toolbar, http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=185) which basically puts all the vanilla buildings into a sub-category thererby cleaning up the toolbar quite considerably. Thanks for the tip tho, its much appreciated!