News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@RedKetchup as usual, you've made some good stuff here, mon ami. Having lots of fun with this, incomplete as it is. Many thanks!

irrelevant

Bit the bullet and built a second barn. As soon as it was complete, I fake-demolished the original barn in order to free up space for the coming bean harvest. ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 24, 2019, 09:45:07 PM
@RedKetchup as usual, you've made some good stuff here, mon ami. Having lots of fun with this, incomplete as it is. Many thanks!

see it is hard to make something compatible with other things. this is a theme mod, and till the theme wont be almost complete.... it can lead to problems.
for sure, you can go in and walk around and admire the graphics... but non playable at long term in Beta 1.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i think your item name missing.... is celery.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 24, 2019, 09:54:39 PM
i think your item name missing.... is celery.
Gotta make an Egyptian Peanut Butter factory! I almost hate celery but it's tolerable with some good ole Skippy peanut butter!   ::) :D

+1 Like to Irrelevant's comment about enjoying this creation of yours Red. I do enjoy it incomplete or not. Thank you for lettings us get our paws on it early and please don't feel bad about it's unfinished-state, we understand and knew head of time this wasn't ready for prime-time use.

Maybe RA will bless you Red and grant you the ability to re-skin one of the animal types into Hippos! Until then, anytime I see a deer swimming in the water and then come ashore I yell to the Banies, "Run! Run you fools! The Hippo's are comin' to get ya!"  :P

I haven't built a Hunter Cabin yet. All I see around are Deer and well... they're my pretend-Hippos!  I like them cuties! Well... the babies that don't try and eat us anyhow! :)

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

Not sure why my Blacksmith is hitting it's Limit. It's not making Tools, it's making Copper.

I also had a starvation death but I didn't pay attention as to where it was occurring. I had 1,100+ food in reserve. Maybe I accidentally selected part of the ground on another land mass when I sent the Laborers to do some collecting.

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 24, 2019, 10:33:52 PM
Not sure why my Blacksmith is hitting it's Limit. It's not making Tools, it's making Copper.
I had that happen to me as well, and I couldn't figure it out either; I just bumped everything to 10,000 or so.

MarkAnthony

ROFL!   :P

He sent you one!  It must be a special one so don't go spending smelting it all in one place now! A Tin Ore saved is a Tin Ore earned! (A penny saved is a penny earned)

Haha ;D                

irrelevant

Well, on the bright side, I had two already, so I was able to make two tin, and then four bronze! :-\

MarkAnthony

I'm not sure if my game is over for me or not.  :(

For the life of me I cannot get the Blacksmith unstuck from it's pause on Limit. I tried going down the Limit's list one at a time to see if I could pin-point it. I'd raise a limit by 400, wait about a minute or more for the game to adjust, nothing happens so I lower it and raise the next one in the list by 400. Rinse-repeat through the whole Limit's list. I can't make Bronze or Copper or Tin or even Tools because it's stuck on "Limit reached". I can't get my Trade Post built because I need 40 Bronze still.

Phooey!

brads3

copper is probably under the forged limit. does the blacksmith have a place to store the copper? depending on what all the blacksmith can produce ,it is possable he is stuck by 2 limits.

MarkAnthony

Yeah, I tried the usual suspects: Iron (just in case), Minerals, Forged, Construction, Misc, Tools, Crafted, Materials. None of those worked. So I then just started from the top of the Limits window and worked my way down through all of them - still nothing.

The only thing I haven't done is probably what Irrelevant did, raise them all super-high at the same time.

EDIT: The reason why it was not stuck on limit at the time of this screenshot is because every so often it unsticks for a moment or two. Kind of like something got used somewhere by someone and a space opened up. Oh and I forgot to mention, I have about eight Stock Piles and two Storage Barns. Some Stock Piles are near capacity but still room in the others and there is plenty of room in the barns.

EDIT AGAIN: I'm not sure if I figured it out or not. I think maybe what is happening is when I try to make Bronze and it gives me the "Limit Reached" icon above the Blacksmith, it was supposed to give the "Out of Materials" icon instead??? I just went to make some Tin from Tin Ore and the "Limits Reached" icon went away.

That still doesn't explain why when I tried to make Tin or Copper before I still had that "Limit Reached" icon. But anyhow, for now it's gone. No Limits were raised to make this happen and no pretend-Hippos were harmed in my frustration. :)

LAST EDIT FOR THE NIGHT: Well so much for that idea I guess. As soon as I ran out of Tin Ore and switched to making Copper from Copper Ore the "Limit Reached" icon came back. I don't know if I will ever manage to get this Bronze made for the Trade Post.  Thbbt!

Time for bed.  Good night.

moonbelf

OK finally I'm in! Decided to go with slightly different start. Did load the RK Necora's fix for the TH so TP won't crash. Other than that no other mods other than ROTP.

MarkAnthony

Good luck Moonbelf!  I'm sure you will do well and have a little fun along the way.  :)

I'm not sure what your opinion is on this matter but maybe you'd want to add a mini-mod as well to get an easy Town Hall for stats. I didn't do so myself, but kind of wish I had for tracking materials. I got a dozen Stock Piles all over the place and it's a bit tedious trying to look for something to see if I am in stock on it. You may run into issues with short supply of Tin Ore and Copper Ore and have Blacksmith problems as well, there's no telling.

Try and budget enough bronze for your School of course and most definitely a Trade post. You'll probably want one of those ASAP. I'm still trying to get mine and I am in year 12 or 13 now I think. Irrelevant got his earlier on. Don't even concern yourself with building a Tailor or Town Hall or Chapel? I don't recall for certain on the Chapel but I think the Chapel needed Glass and so does the Town Hall; the Tailor needs Lumber and we have to trade for it which I cannot do myself at this point for reasons stated. The Hospital needs Bronze so maybe postpone that and save your Bronze as much as possible; don't use any of it for Tools, Red fortunately gave us a means to make Stone Tools.

As for this morning's developments with my game:

I decided to follow Irrelevant's lead and just bump up everything in my Limits window to 15,000. It's not as high as Irrelevant's but it did the trick with getting my Blacksmith unstuck from its "Limit Reached" status. I spent six in-game years with that Blacksmith being stuck. A by-product of my frustration with that is I stopped caring about building homes any more so I let my population stall and allowed a slow but steady die off due to old age. Since I got the Blacksmith unstuck this morning I went ahead and built enough houses to accommodate everyone now.

At the start of year 11 I had a visit with a Tornado; so there was that to deal with as well. Then afterwards I started building additional Blacksmiths and my first Gatherer's Hut. My two Corn fields and two Cattle pastures and two Chestnut orchards and one Fishing Dock were fine up to this point but now that I build all those extra houses I thought it'd be wise to build up my food supply a bit. I was just about to find a spot to put my first Hunter Cabin when my third Blacksmith just finished getting built. As soon as I went to assign a worker to this third Blacksmith I got a fatal exception error and crashed out of game.  No idea what that was all about. Then I came here to post about it all.  Hopefully I had an auto-save not long before the game crash otherwise I lost a bit of progress.

Red, besides Hippos I think I want Chariots too!  I need to get across this expanding territory of mine a bit faster! Thing to do you see!  LOL   :P