News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

As the first two foresters are filling in their circles with trees, they are picking up less fodder/thatch, so I added a third forester in the middle of a meadow.

RedKetchup

it is more easy when you will get some RotP buildings to make sure the resources arent deplecated.
how goes the foiddet ? did i fixed the respawns ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

moonbelf

Having fun so far :) Did have a crash just after the blacksmith was built and I clicked on the building to assign a job. Went back to my last save which was 5 min previous and everything is ok, no more crashes.

First pic Yr 1. Rough start. Logs and stone so hard to come by let alone copper and tin.

Pic 2: Yr 2 cattle not producing anything yet as expected but I did expect fertilizer. Egyptians don't fertilize? Crop field is good but could be better harvest even tho I bumped up farmers to 2 to harvest. Think my field is too small. Fishing is ok with only 1 fisherman but not great, no surprise. Gatherer is doing VERY well. Blacksmith is up and working.

Pic 3: Yr 3 School is up and working and S-L-O-W-L-Y building the TP. Cattle pasture is producing beef and leather but doesn't show in the stats screen for previous/current year. However beef is in the barn.

Pic 4: Yr 6 Lost 2 bannies to starvation, mea culpa :(. TP is up and slowly stocking. Bridge is up. Fishermen upped to 4, 2nd crop field being built, Upped gatherers, hunters and foresters to 2 each. Cattle stats screen is behaving correctly now.

Pic 5: Yr 7 Added herbalist and building a 2nd barn.

irrelevant

Sent my laborers on a trek to a distant tin ore lode. Finally accumulated enough bronze to build a market. That will take some pressure off my bursting-at-the-seams barns.

Got a couple dozen bronze left to make some tools. I spotted another tin ore lode that I think is within hiking distance. But after that, going to have to rely on the merchant's dribble of tin ore.

RedKetchup

starting to work on Beta 2 today to fix the problems you guys have. gonna try to add also, some of first buildings. (for that i need to model the Mud Pit which will give you mud for regular housing and for mud bricks).

irrelevant

Would it be possible for you to add a sawmill? Really need some lumber. The merchant is not cooperating. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 25, 2019, 10:46:18 AM
Would it be possible for you to add a sawmill? Really need some lumber. The merchant is not cooperating. :)

the lumber to build what ?

irrelevant

irrelevant

Managed to scrape up enough tin ore for enough bronze to build a second TP. Now I've bridged the river, there are a few nice tin ore lodes within range on the far side.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 25, 2019, 11:05:39 AM
A tailor.

it was a typo (bad copy paste). should be wood. and it is fixed :) thanks

irrelevant

@RedKetchup Thank you! And I just got a merchant to bring me some lumber!

If I build this tailor now, will it mess me up for the next version?

MarkAnthony

Hey Irrelevant, looks like I got ahead of you in one instance hehe. First off I forgot to say I finally got that first Trade Post built, but I am working on my third one now. The second one is being built as I speak and the third is just waiting for 60 more Stone. I built a Quarry about 3 years ago, it has 12/15 Stonecutters at the moment.

Just got through my second Tornado in seven years! They are exciting and a little bit of fun but I do admit I kind of cross my fingers saying, "Please don't wipe me out! Please don't wipe me out!" rofl  :P Egypt's climate is brutal I guess. Oh I also had a Pasture epidemic (forgot the word lol). I forgot how to get rid of it; I know for Crop Fields I can "cheat" and just destroy it but I wasn't sure how to do it for Orchards so I just set them both to "cut down". That's fine, it was past due anyhow.

I've only had four visits so far from the Trader. It only took me 15 years+ to get the first one built!  :( One was for food in which I traded away the no-named "Celery" I guess and got rid of some Flowers too. The second one was a Seed Trader and I bought some Bean seeds from him. The third was a Livestock Trader selling Cattle; I dismissed him since I already have 20 in two pastures. And the fourth was a Resource Trader? He sold me 25 Wool and 25 Hide Coats I think it was. I bought those of course since I still don't have my Tailor built yet. Like you I am waiting on Lumber and I am waiting on Glass too to build my Town Hall. I already got the Town Hall placed, just have it on pause like my Tailor is.

What else? Uhm... Oh, I'm building my fourth Wood Cutter and my fourth Blacksmith as well. I also have six? Wooden Bridges around the place serving me well.

I am so glad I am past that "Limit Reached" issue but I know it's still hiding in the background waiting to happen again; I wish I could figure it out. /shrug

Have a great Egyptian day!  ;D   How's it going for you @moonbelf ?  Enjoying it so far?

EDIT: Forgot my screenshot.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 25, 2019, 11:54:14 AM
@RedKetchup Thank you! And I just got a merchant to bring me some lumber!

If I build this tailor now, will it mess me up for the next version?

i dont think.

MarkAnthony

Just got my second fatal exception error for the game. The first crash happened immediately after my third Blacksmith was built and I just went to assign it a worker. This second crash also happened on the Blacksmith after I built the fourth one. This time I was able to assign it a worker but then eight seconds later the crash happened.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.