News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Red Desert V2.0

Started by kid1293, September 12, 2019, 08:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Abandoned

Just an added note.  Very nice atmospheric landscape with wild boars added as the only desert animal.   :)

Abandoned

@kid1293 Shouldn't any discussion about Red Desert cactus forester be on this thread ?

The Joshua tree forester does plant and cut trees as it should, and provides wood.  I wonder if it is the water product instead of wood that is making the difference with cactus forester.

kid1293

I don't know (yawn) I have been trying. No, I don't understand why they don't cut the cacti.

Abandoned

As of now cactus forester can plant more cactus and laborers can cut them with cut cactus icon for water or gather cactus fruit.

Discrepancy

Quote from: kid1293 on September 20, 2019, 09:02:04 AM
-reply about cactus-

I have tried and can not see where the game loads the definition of what to cut.
I have tested and, sure, no cactus cut down.

I cleaned an area and set cactus forester to plant only.
Waited a year and cleaned all other things from the area.
I switched to cut and the forester went idle immediately.

Any modder knowing what this is about? Is it in the game mechanics?
Does forester cut only predefined things? Where are they defined?

I don't believe there is a way to define what the forester cuts.

From what I can tell in the available files it is based upon the age of what it has planted and compares this to the resource limit the building is attached to.
In standard banished gameplay the forester does not spend time removing any of the spawned foods unless it happens to spawn where they were about to plant a tree.
If your cacti are spawning the water like a forest food it is likely to need a separate gatherer building to remove them with the natural resource water file in the gatherers list.
Or is it spawning water when it dies? if this is the case, is the cacti forester foresterdescription set to the correct resource limit for the water?

kid1293

Hi @Discrepancy

I have checked and the file is in order. It must be. They get planted.
But not cut down...

They give water when cut. The NaturalResource file is okay. My clear-button
cuts them and they give water.

It feels like there is something hidden here.

g_BonE77

For some reason i get regular trees with this map. Are there any suggestions which gamestart to use? Could You make a wagon circle start available, just like in WestwardHo ? Also, could You make it so that at least one lake is created?
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

kid1293

Some other mod has taken over the start condition and the trees.
Check what is loaded before Red Desert.

g_BonE77

New Flora and Natural Diversity are above it in the load order. This order works without problem with Your WestwardHo prairie start. I was hoping i could use a RedDesert start with the lush NatDiv grass and flowers slowly covering the red desert. I also hoped the RedDesert map would generate a lake or two as i love need my docks ;)

Thanks for replying!

kid1293

I am not sure about NatDiv...
Maybe it references the whole tree-file. (I only call certain parts)
If it indeed calls all of the file my tree-changing parts will be overwritten.

Abandoned

@g_BonE77 Kid Red Desert is as it was designed to be - dry barren desert land with little water and vegetation.  CC and DS Terrains and Climates mods both have Red and Sand Deserts, perhaps they would suit your needs better.

See Here:  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3215.0

brads3

this is 1 of those give and take areas i talk about. since we players do not see the coding,it is hard to see or explain and understand.

you can add code from mod to mod but not replace any. sometimes you can alter it. the start code is touchy about this. like it is 1 line of code and should be 5 or 10 lines. we can add different plants or items to gather and some trees. we can't add rocks or different minerals  grass and animals from different mods.these cancel each other out.

it takes a lot of trial and errors to figure what will work and how it will work.due to the way the start code is set up for the game, each mod does what it was designed to do but also brings other parts of the code with it. experimenting can give  mixed results.

i said soethings can be altered.if the mod above doesn't write something and a lower mod does, the game can skip and add the piece fro the lower mod and add it to the 1 above. i'll give you examples. RED's RKEC adds animals to the map. using a westwardHO mod above it can alter the look of the bison. the give and take on this the number of animals seems to be altered too. you get more bison than the other animals.so KID's mod changed the texture of the bison but also affects the animal counts. using the westwardHO with a mod that does not add bison gives less deer. since there are no bison hunting will give lower outputs.

the NatDiv mod is set to be used on medium starts. it will not replace fodder grass without also replacing the animals back to just deer.if the NatDiv was added below the westwardHO mod, you could use the thatch hut to grow circles of the thatch grass.

g_BonE77

I understand both of Your points. Maybe its just out of curiosity that i wanted to see how that desert (cactii and dead trees) would look like with the NatDiv fauna slowly spreading. Also i thought it would fit my current theme of the game very well. Additionally i see that the tree setup in the Prairie game start of WestwardHo works (i.e. sparse dead looking trees) together with NatDiv so indeed i was wondering why it would not with the RedDesert start. No worries tho, i'm happy with my current game which started with the Prairie game start. Thanks for the input and of course all the work put into those magnificient mods.

brads3

oh i know. i have tried many many configurations. i do like KID's meadows with the westwardHO mod. even the NatDiv gives bigger meadows than i get with the RK. in experimenting, you do find things that will work. that is how i found that the westwardHO changes the wild bison texture.
don't forget there are some tipi mods for indians too.