News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Dendrum

Started by brads3, July 11, 2019, 12:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbelf

Love the development as you go along :)

Though, aren't you worried about the elephants wanting to play in the water where the sharks are LOL?

brads3

YEAR 35

we extent the road along the west side of the lake.a pear forest will bring in more logs.a hunter, gatherer,and 2 CC cabins are built there.while the builders were busy with the forest,the laborers hauled stone for the zoo projects.

a merchant brought CC coffee tree seeds.we will see if they will grow in this climate.

pic 1: bear pen
pic 2: pear forest

brads3

YEAR 36

before we do a housing boom,we need to cut more logs.we use the stone to build the research center for ther zoo and more roads.23 nomads arrive to help,18 workers with 5 children.these will push the population over 250.

i dont normally like to move buildings once they are completed. however in this case, we needed to move the fodder hut. where it was helped clear trees, but much of the area is fenced pastures now. with it moved, it will cover the elephant pen and safari areas better.

even thou we haved enough food,a fishing dock was built at west lake a second maple grove to south village,and a field cleared for tomatoes near the CC trade post.

pic 1: research center
pic 2: moving fodder hut
pic 3: westlake fishing doc
pic 4:2nd mape grove

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 37

the laborers worked together well and moved a ton of stone.they had time to clear some copper ore and still cut more trees.    the builders however were slow and continued to fall behind.by fall, we had to double the builders to 10,

the animal rights people showed up and protested. their main complaint was the size of our aquatic area. they had no problem eating the fish or venison while they camped out and protested. we had expected them to harrass us for not having enough of a variety of feed for the animals. the laborers worked to double the size of the whale and shark tanks.

pic 1: enlarging the aquatic area
pic 2: another pen cleared
pic 3: supplied projects

RedKetchup

thats the CC docks ? they dont look nice... too much repetitive

brads3

those are the CC quay pieces to make a higher walkway around the aquatic area.plus they are ghosted, so didn't use any stone. then there is 2 canal bridges so the water and animals can move back and forth. this is an earlier version of the CC,so didnt have any railings at that height to line up along the walkway.

@RedKetchup  i had 1 longhorn for several years,it never multiplied.i added 2 more to the pasture and the 3 still dont seem to b multiplying. the other animals have been breeding fine. 

RedKetchup

have a conflict with another longhorn mod ?

cause it should breed like vanilla cattle.
is it possible you only have males ? ^^

brads3

no,males don't give milk. ::) only mods would b some of the livestock mods without fertilizer that you made and the CC trade livestock but none with longhorns. the other pastures seemed to fill up normal.

RedKetchup

brads3

YEAR 38

the aquatic area was completed.a new shark and whale were added. zebras and giraffes arrived. a theater was built.
materials were ordered to expand the resort area. while the builders work to catch up,the laborers continue to haul logs and stone. the coffee orchard finally produced 840 coffeebeans.

pic 1: aquatic bridges
pic 2: zebras and giraffes safari
pic 3: RK theater

brads3

YEAR 39

it has not been a good year. it snowed late in spring and then early fall.we have had a tool shortage from hell that we work to recover from. none of our efforts have paid off.this put us behind on copper, whcih delayed some construction projects.

we did manage to move everyone out of the boardinghouses.builders have started upgrading the road to the south village shops. a combo gardener works to keep the regowth clear there as well. a 1st aid clinic and playground were added to the zoo. impalas have a pen. merchants brought 2 more longhorns since the 1 never had a calf.some of the villagers like to make their own pickles so we traded for cucumber seed. we trade for a little food and the CC industrial trade post has brought a mixture of materials each year.

i have noticed a minor issue. every now and then, there are dead spaces with the RK maps.doesn't happen to every map.it is so inconsistant that i havebn't figured out why it happens. you get a space that can't be built on no matter how you try.there is nothing on the space to be cleared.here i found 2 separate spaces when laying out the zoo roads. i have seen a cluster of about 3 or 4 of them before. has anyone else seen these?

pic 1: impala pen
pic 2: playground and clinic
pic 3: dead spaces that can't be used along the city road.i found 2 of these on this map so far.

RedKetchup

i cannot answer on this Brad. we dont have any control on this part of the code.

brads3

yeah,they are weird.happen now and then. sometimes you can terraform and use the land, sometimes you just have to work around them. i actually did try flatten the ground where the dead space was. and after awhile,the builders did finish the roads on this map. i used your sidewalk and road 1 square pieces. must be the map thinks a spring is at those spots and it had to be filled in.

took a few years after getting  the 2 new cows, the longhorns are breeding.they were slow, but are working.

brads3

YEAR  40 REVIEW

population grew to 278 with 46% educated.66 houses including boardinghouses. a tool shortage has slowed down our builders and the production.we need to increase our iron ore supply.trying to use conserve the iron iore by using ciopper didnt help enough.

the zoo added more market shops and a huge research facility. the domestic or petting animals have been acquired. the aquatic area doubled in size and several other pens were fenced and stocked.we expanded our trade goods to include linen and pottery. the soth village  extends back to the main river.a hospital and a clinic keep everyone healthy.we even have a church and a theater.

we improved our food production and processing.3 forests plus a mini forest and some gardeners work to supply logs and food.  the CC industrial trading post has brought in some more advanced buiding supplies.         

once we overcome the tool shortage,the builders can catch up.i would like to get the laborer count to 20.hopefully we can make progress and finish the zoo in 10 years. with RED's ghost fencing,the north half should go faster.

pic 1: yr 40 stats
pic 2: poduction
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food and tool graphs