News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Why are they dying of starvation???

Started by AnnaDannir, March 21, 2020, 09:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnaDannir

There's food in the barn (veg patch veg).  I have, in addition to the farmers, 2 fishermen, 2 gatherers and 2 hunters.  Why on earth are they dying of starvation? 
I have just installed the MegaMod.  Am I missing a processing plant of some kind?

(edited)  NVM.  Garden workplace.  *facepalm*  Well....too late for them...

brads3

this can depend on mods some players use non-edible mods. in which case yes the food has to be processed. if you have vegetable seeds,those can be sent to a sorting shed. the sorter sorts the vegetables into punmpkins,squash,etc. which the bannies will eat.

i don't use the MM mod. but bannies should be eating the fish, venison, and whatever they gather.   

another reason bannies can starve,is if you send them to clear near a stream. sometimes,you click across the stream. bannies are crazy about this. they will cross the stream but not come back across it. they will walk all the way around it. this takes so long they can starve.

banishedsanni

@AnnaDannir
Quote(edited)  NVM.  Garden workplace.  *facepalm*  Well....too late for them...

What exactly did (or did not) garden workplace change about the starvation? Just if someone faces this problem again, pls tell us how u solved it. :)

brads3

THE garden workplace is the vegetable sorting station..  there a worker sorts the vegetalbles into differet types-pumpkins,squash,and beans. i may be wrong on exactly which types.

banishedsanni

Quote from: brads3 on March 22, 2020, 06:31:24 AM
THE garden workplace is the vegetable sorting station..  there a worker sorts the vegetalbles into differet types-pumpkins,squash,and beans. i may be wrong on exactly which types.

yeah but what does this have to do with the starvation, since AnnaDannir said that she has farmers, gatherers, fisher, hunter? thats what i am wondering

brads3

not completely sure. but i think he needs more food and the vegetables are in-edible in the MM. so the bannies eat the other food and then won't eat the vegetables.

AnnaDannir

Yep.  Basically the bulk of their food was supposed to be the veg gardens.  But it was all going into the barn and not being used because I didn't realize I needed a sorting shed.  Not sure if I need just one or if I need one per field.  Anyway they starved to death on too little fish and venison while the veg was just sitting there.  Very frustrating because otherwise this group was very responsive to directions and I really thought I had a viable village started.

brads3

you will ned 1 sorting shed per 2 fields with all the storage that you probably have built up.

Kepler

> Why are they dying of starvation???

It's Banished.  It's what they do.  ;)

I have had interesting (read: lethal) situations in which warehouses were well stocked and houses were not.  Particularly prior to markets and vendors if your workers get really distracted by a major fire or epidemic they can run themselves ragged and then die off before they can make the house check --> warehouse --> stock house --> eat trip.

It's really annoying when somebody is hungry and they jog past a full warehouse to go to their house which is empty so they will just have to turn around and come back. Those guys kinda get what they deserve.  Darwin.

AnnaDannir

TY Brad.  1 shed per 2 fields is the info I was missing (once I realized that I needed sheds....)       ::)

Kepler:  I've seen that happen yes.  What was rather destressing in one game was that they all seemed to come to the cow pasture to expire.  Most of them were loaded down with stuff but keeled over anyway (IDKW...) leaving all their stuff in the pasture. 
Which, of course, distracted people from actually slaughtering the cows b/c they'd stop to take things back to the barns, which led to more deaths....  (rinse, repeat)  It was actually rather funny in a very macabre way.