News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Limits and Flags of 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 20, 2017, 12:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

REd can we add to the luxury side so that when banis are idle instead of them just drinking our ales they would use up furniture,candles,bedding, or other household items?? or would all the items have to be tagged as luxury items?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 22, 2017, 02:28:44 PM
REd can we add to the luxury side so that when banis are idle instead of them just drinking our ales they would use up furniture,candles,bedding, or other household items?? or would all the items have to be tagged as luxury items?

euh ... the thing is you need to go with flags, you can't target a specific resource or 2 ... so if we accept the fact we go with flags ....
the command is :

HappinessDescription happiness
{
   HappinessType _happinessType = Entertainment;
   bool _requireWorker = true;
   bool _requireStorage = true;
   RawMaterialFlags _requiredTypes = Alcohol;
   int _idleRange = 3;
}

i guess , probably, under reserve... a change in this line to add more tags....

RawMaterialFlags _requiredTypes = Alcohol | Custom0;

should work... under reserve though... sometimes this game has hidden "rules" ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 22, 2017, 02:38:03 AM
Quote from: Paeng on February 22, 2017, 02:27:58 AM
Quote from: brads3 on February 21, 2017, 08:06:01 PMpoor banis slave away making items they never get to use.

Just like in real life...  :)

:o

'death to materialistic desires!'

let's keep the forests alive.

Is that what the DS tents are for? Environmentally conscious bannies?

brads3

ok,so we have a way for banis to use the extra items we have.might not be the best solution but will work. now we wait for CC to see what tags they use for specific items. to we have any control on how much  of the goods they use?? say set to a % or amount ale + a % or amount furniture,etc? or as you pointed out ,not let them  take all the ale?

kralyerg

Quote from: brads3 on February 22, 2017, 05:23:27 PM
ok,so we have a way for banis to use the extra items we have.

They don't really *use* it in the code that RK posted. It just has to be present.

Basically, it says that if there is a worker working there, and alcohol in it's storage, then it gives happiness. If there's nothing in stock, or there's no worker, then it doesn't give happiness.  If you made one just like that but it stored Fuel, they wouldn't actually use the firewood, they would just hang out there and be happy because the firewood was in stock.

I don't believe that their desire to consume alcohol can be copied to other flags.

RedKetchup

but that part isnt about storage... is about to take an item flag and get there and get happiness...

it is exactly same thing with the apothecary. the raw material flag = Health

so they pickup whatever "health" and go to apothecary and get "health"
was the same thing when i made "soap" = health .... they took the soap and go get health making a nice tea with ... soap!

the only thing as i said, depends of "hidden rules" if you put something else than "alcohol" for tavern , or something else than "health" at apothecary .... still will work accordingly with hidden rules ? :)

brads3

RED i don't mean to make you think hard. i know you is busy recoding mods. i figured while the modders was busy i'd brainstorm and see if we players could come up with a way to use various items and maybe make the game more interesting. i do agree with you the game has "hidden"rules inside it. there are guidlines and they are not all foolproof. sometimes the game does what it wants for no apparent reason.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 22, 2017, 07:48:22 PM
RED i don't mean to make you think hard. i know you is busy recoding mods. i figured while the modders was busy i'd brainstorm and see if we players could come up with a way to use various items and maybe make the game more interesting. i do agree with you the game has "hidden"rules inside it. there are guidlines and they are not all foolproof. sometimes the game does what it wants for no apparent reason.

yeah like the hidden rule we cant make millions numbers appear even if we go over the million and we changed the number box sizes :(

Bartender

This is a good initiative to keep things organised :).

I have tried to use it, and one thing I thought of is that it might be better to also include updated templates for StorageBarn, StockPile and TradingPost. I edited the first two myself, but I don't quite know how to make the TradingPost work with this.

RedKetchup

here some files make by the genius @kralyerg :)

there was a little problem about the automatic buyout window... but it has been fixed last update 1.0.7B

embx61

Thanks.

I had coded the Trade post fix myself but after comparing mine with Kralyerg's one his was coded cleaner in some areas.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Bartender

Thanks! That fixed the tradingpost indeed. I'm still getting an error when I open the TownHall window for the first time, and for some reason my resource is being listed twice, but I guess those are just me having made a mistake somewhere ;)

grykon

This list is very interesting. So, could you then create a secondary chicken animal, but instead of it laying eggs to be consumed in eating, they could be listed as "textiles" and then you could have a supply line that uses these "textile" eggs to turn them into a new food item so your production line isn't fighting with normal consumer needs? I'm just thinking this opens up whole new possibilities.

catty-cb

Can't answer your modding question, but from a players point of view I wouldn't want to lose the eggs or chickens as food, feathers on the other hand if you could have a chicken that had different kind of feathers to the normal ones   :)

Time here mid-afternoon on a Monday (NZ)

kid1293

You can set the eggs as 'Protein' and omit them as 'Edible'.
They will not be eaten but can still be stored in the barn.