News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Modular Mod Tool Bar Spaces

Started by Necora, February 12, 2017, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

going to bed very very soon ... 1:40 AM ....

but tomm also i will try to see if i can make a little quick "patch.pkm" which people will able to put at top of the list and it will put all my mod in the New Community Toolbar if they use them :D

if it works :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

It might be difficult to fit that inside 32x32. Also, something without text would fit in better with the vanilla icons.

I still like the chest idea but here are some more:

Tools - representing the tools you forge your mods with.  :)

Globe - representing global modding and global Banished community.

Discrepancy

Great find @Necora & @RedKetchup !

To me, this changes everything...

lot's of work to do!

:o

RedKetchup

i did my attempts :)

what you think of .... ??

included a 160x160 px
included the 32x32 px

and a screenshot of the game toolbar
and a screenshot of game toolbar X 200%

Paeng

After rubbing my eyes hard, I decided to go to sleep and see tomorrow (now) if this is really happening...  :D

What a fantastic improvement for all menus to come - great job, Necora and RedK!

To me, keeping the basic toolbar (first level) uncluttered and short is paramount... what happens further above it - anything goes, so fill 'em up LOL... and if it helps modders to break up huge mods into smaller parcels that can be loaded individually, so much the better!

Wow, between fresh limits, fire and now better control of menus (and of course all the new or updated mods of all kinds) 2017 is off to a glorious start...  8)

EDIT

Yeah, MOD(der)S ON FIRE - I like that...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

@RedKetchup - Nice icon. Clean and to the point. You get my support for it.

RedKetchup

i redid almost all my icons, more rich, more ... velvet ? ?

and when i was playing with my effects... i did a test for Kid ^^

( i took the green color from this : http://blackliquidsoftware.com/uploads/monthly_2017_02/MegaModList.jpg.063c33dd5d2162fd15fdd91fba701500.jpg ^^)

Gatherer

A bit late to the party...what about a lightbulb for an icon?

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Hawk

I really like where this is going.
Shouldn't that fire be an orangeish color though?  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 13, 2017, 08:55:45 AM
I really like where this is going.
Shouldn't that fire be an orangeish color though?  :)

some people dont want any color on the the main toolbar, but they allow color if it is hiding further  :-X

Necora

Oh this is so awesome. @RedKetchup I love how you've embraced the new tool bar!

But really, what have we done??? I pulled out the PEI Shore fisheries to make them modular, decided to clean them up and re-master them for the new release, oh the amount of work involved!

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2017, 09:05:40 AMsome people dont want any color on the the main toolbar

I admit, I'm one of them...  ;)

When I'm playing (as opposed to building), just traveling through my town, visiting with my peeps, I want Banished UI as "pure" and unobtrusive as possible, which is ensured by the subtle, monochrome default bar...

@Hawk, just imagine the psychedelic effect if all the level 1 icons were colored, half of them with colors that bite each other <shudder>... I for one am really grateful that mostly all modders stick to this convention...

* And as RedK pointed out - from level 2 up some color is fine (if not overdone, subtle still rulez)... like the thin frame around icons signalling "more...") - that is certainly helpful...   ;)

kid1293

I just saw your Kid-icon, nice.
I've been sitting, compiling most of my stuff. As a test.
It works very well.

I even had a green icon at one point :)
Then I remembered voices like Paengs that icons should be monochrome,
so a white icon it is. (but I liked the green color....)
Maybe I change again. I can't see where this is going to lead us. Looks promising!

elemental

Quote from: Paeng on February 13, 2017, 04:14:23 AM

To me, keeping the basic toolbar (first level) uncluttered and short is paramount... what happens further above it - anything goes

I agree completely. Keep the basic toolbar clean and uncluttered. No colour icons down there please, and preferably no text either. None of the other vanilla icons on that first level toolbar have text so @RedKetchup I would very much prefer to see a mod icon that doesn't have any text.

But for any of the submenus under that mod button... please do what you like.  :)  I don't mind text in the submenu because you can't see it when the main menu button is closed.

Also, how about putting the mod menu button after the vanilla content icons? It seems only fair that the vanilla content buttons should come first. So second from the right, just before the game settings icon. Or maybe third from the right, next to the axe, seeing as the axe button doesn't have any buildable content under it. Just a suggestion.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on February 13, 2017, 01:56:51 PMAlso, how about putting the mod menu button after the vanilla content icons?

I think that's a good idea - to me --more selfish than Elemental--, mainly because mod menus quickly become long (or: wide), so I think the farther on the right side it sits, the more space there is to open mod menus...  ;)