News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Installing mod after download

Started by Jules65, September 15, 2017, 10:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules65

I know this has probably been asked a 100 times but where do I save my mod after downloading it?
Thanks.

brads3

unblock,unzip,then put in banished windata folder. enable mod,game resets,exit completely and reload the game.

galensgranny

I wasn't sure where to put the mods either at first, and where the windata folder was. 

If you got your game from Steam, as I did, find the Steam folder in your program files.  Then in that folder, click on "steamapps".  Inside the steamapps folder, click on "common".  In the common folder, you will see the Banished folder.  Click on it and then in that folder is the "windata" folder.  The windata folder is where you put the mods.

If you didn't get the game from Steam, then it probably is more straight forward to find the windata folder.

You might already know this, but in case not, a faster way to get to the windata folder is to first have a shortcut to Banished on your desktop.  Then right click on it.  Click the "properties" button", then "open file location".  Then you will see the windata folder.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: galensgranny on September 15, 2017, 02:24:35 PM
If you didn't get the game from Steam, then it probably is more straight forward to find the windata folder.

Yep!  c: /program files/shining rock software llc/banished/windata

Jules65

It worked, thank you all who responded. :)