News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Black & White / Black & White 2

Started by Demonocracy, May 20, 2014, 02:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonocracy

Has anyone ever played this game? 

It's sort of a city-building game, but in it you are God.  Your villagers are your subjects, and their jobs are their divine purpose.  Divine miracles can be performed like casting fireballs (destroys enemy attackers) or watering an area (producing crops and trees).

Anyway, it is just a ton of fun as well, so I was curious if anyone else had played.

Boris_amj

I used to play both.

I was quite impressed by the zooming in that game. From total island overview right down to seeing a worm in an apple (very much like in Supreme Commander, but no apples).

I had a hard time training the creatures. At times it felt like a glorified tamagotchi game.

I found it difficult to stay on the "good" side, as it was quite easy to mess up with your followers by mistake.
Also, you were encouraged to slap your creature and stomp on "non-believers", which was quite distasteful.

All in all an intriguing game, but with too many flaws to be enduring.

slink

I tried Black & White.  I also objected to the slapping, and was frustrated by the training failures due to strokes accidentally turning into slaps or visa versa.  According to the wikipedia's entry which I just read to refresh my memory of the game, I wouldn't have enjoyed the game anyway because it was scripted.

Demonocracy

If you played as Good, the main goal at that point is to just build your city with enough impressiveness.  I've played entire games of it without actually entering into combat.  I'll agree that I could go without the pet.  I only ever used the pet for helping build walls and gathering resources.

Still!  It was an enjoyable game, and I play it here and there to remind myself of its wonder.