News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

VillageShop.zip (3.7 MB)
The village shop from the North. Bricks, tiles and glass have to be bought or made by factories of another mod. :)

Gatherer

You Sir are my hero!!! Thank you very much.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

darnokthemage

This would work so well as a banished house!

child_of_air

I'm really excited for a Viking era set! Please make it so that it can work with DS's Anglo Saxon set. I'd like to be able to use them both together.  Thank you!

Tom Sawyer

Vikings and Anglo-Saxons on one map.. are you sure @child_of_air? It usually ends in a bloodbath.^^ What DS mod do you mean? I can look at it when finishing the new version. Also, I hope DS will come back to modding when real life allows it. There were nice new things in the pipeline.

The picture is a funny house @darnokthemage. I wonder if this is actually a home or a storehouse, or what it should be in Banished if I make it.

child_of_air

Bloodbath?! Oh, yes please!  Sorry, I meant to say Celtic set, which is probably done with an earlier time period in mind, but that's fine with me. Close enough, eh?  ;) I also love and use his stone hovels all the time, and they go well with that set. I too hope he comes back and mods again, takes a break from real life. His mods are excellent and although I don't usually play with the time period in which he mostly designs (Tudor), he's certainly a talented modder and I really appreciate what he's done to keep my interest in this game, long after others have forgotten about it. (I started playing when it first came out.)

Here is the set I mean on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/banished/mods/74

That would be a really fun game when your set is completed.

rkelly17

Quote from: child_of_air on September 13, 2018, 02:52:15 AM
Sorry, I meant to say Celtic set,

Wouldn't mixing Celts and Vikings just result in Ireland?  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Yes, the Vikings probably met some old Celts on their way west, in Ireland or Scotland. And it was probably not much more peaceful than meeting the Saxons. ;D

I loaded the Celtic Village from Nexus. It's a beta but a nice one and it works in the North as far as I can see at first glance.

Tom Sawyer

I made two more buildings separate from the North. It's about leather and milk.

Nordic Tannery (1.4 MB)
A small cabin to process hides into leather. It makes cows and deer dropping hides instead of finished leather.

Dairy Hut (1.3 MB)
The dairy from the North to make butter and cheese. It makes cows giving milk.

Leather is made in 3 - 4 from 1 cow hide or 2 deer hides. It is changing vanilla deer, not reindeer and thought to add tanning to a vanilla based game. It also includes the idea of a small detraction effect for realism. It's a radius of only 6 tiles shown as grey circle. So people don't want to live next door but the cabin can be still part of a small village or farmstead.

The dairy hut can make butter as a simple product from milk while cheese requires salt for better preservation. If you like to make butter instead of skyr in a Nordic game, you can use this mod for tweaking the current North @darnokthemage. Both mods add all necessary resources to your game and are tested in vanilla environment. Combining them with CC, Reds main mod or other tanning or cheesy mods is experimental. Let me know how it works. :)

Here as tannery and dairy hut look like.

zak4862

Tom Sawyer

I wrote some news about the current work on North 7. The full post and downloads in my dev diary. Have a nice Sunday! :)

darnokthemage

This all looks amazing! Hope we can get a proper era progression mechanic in the future!

galensgranny

It's all wonderful, but that stave church is amazing!  You are so talented at making buildings!

RedKetchup

heathen idols makes me ŵondering : Is the amerindians who copied the vikings or the vikings copied the amerindians ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Haha, I don't think they copied each other. Probably it was a common thing in many ancient cultures to carve images of their gods in wood or stone. I mean independently in different parts of the world but who knows.^^