News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining - v1.1 (updated 31 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, May 15, 2017, 03:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Available in two mod options:
Normal or Advanced (currently not updated)

This is:
Normal – v1.1 - updated 31 Dec 2017
  – DSBlastFurnace.pkm
   Made for Banished v1.0.7.
   Suitable for games played with Colonial Charter or Mega Mod.

v1.1 - many buildings now require Lumber, I suggest also playing with DS Lumber Mill mod enabled.

Vanilla Coal resource production numbers (3-4 Coal per work cycle)
   Mines are upgrade-able for further production,
      in some instances this will require 'Candles', these can be bought from the Trader,
      or can be made by a Chandler/Candle Maker if using another mod.
   The Coke Ovens will process the Coal into Coke at a rate of 4:3 (4 Coal for 3 Coke),
   Coke is flagged as an Industrial Fuel (Custom3) using the new resource flags of Banished v107.
   The Blast Furnace will require 1 Iron Ore + 1 Coke/ or 1 Charcoal/ or 1 Furnace Fuel
      to produce 1-2 Iron.

QuoteAvailable in two mod options:
Normal or Advanced - available from here. (currently not updated)

Both versions include:
Blast Furnace, a large production smelter for turning Iron Ore into Iron.
Small Iron Ore Mine, a small upgradeable mountain mine extracting Iron Ore only.
Coal Bell Pit, a small production coal mine, easy to build on flat ground, extracting Coal only.
Battery Coke Ovens, modular construction for processing Coal into Coke.
Rail Cart Storage, 2 options to build small mining rail carts to match RK's Choo Choo mod.
Thudd Surrel & family Industry buildings, matching production & storage:
Industry Mine, a large production mountain mine, extracts Coal or Iron Ore.
Industry Market, large market for all mining, industrial & construction resources.
Industry Merchant, large trading post for the trade of industry resources. accepts all flags to trade for industry goods (logs, iron, stone, minerals, all fuels, forged, construction, materials, crafted, misc) - **currently only in this version of DSBlastFurnace
Industry Storage, a storage barn for all mining, industrial & construction resources.
Storage Barrels & Boxes & Crates

Decorative: Small  Iron Ore Mine Entry, Rail Carts, Barrels, Boxes, Crates.

Download:
- Download from here the latest version
       (follow onscreen prompts, you will be taken to mega.nz site to download file, click 'Download through your browser' progress will be shown on page, you will be prompted to save the file when complete).
- IMPORTANT! - you must also download this Patch mod to fix issue of not being able to build furnace.
- Once downloaded, extract the contents of 'DSBlastFurnace_v1.1_31122017.zip' (.rar size = 18.0MB/18,470KB)
- Place the file 'DSBlastFurnace.pkm' (.pkm size = 28.8MB/29,514KB) inside your 'Banished/WinData' folder.
- Enable the mod in the mod screen list on main & pause screen menus.

Extras:
a patch mod to change Charcoal to an Industrial Fuel - DSmodsCharcoalPatch.pkm

Change Log:

v1.1   -  31122017
       - added Industry Merchant trading post
       - added Lumber as resource and build requirement in buildings
       - increased some building requirement costs
       - changed Charcoal to fuel/woodfuel flag to match CC
       - changed texts and icons
       - updated DS toolbar files

v1.0   -  15052017
       - initial release.

Stringtable:
(for translation modding)
DSBlastFurnaceStringTable.rsc

Discrepancy

version 1.0 is now live.

testing has been limited,

the Normal version MUST have Banished v1.0.7 beta2.

It is also recommended to play with CC or MM for the production of Candles, as well as the matching Iron Ore industry.

This mod does not alter the natural resource of iron.

I'd appreciate ideas and suggestions on balancing.

**currently my candle maker in DSSV: Production is making the wrong kind of candles to be compatible with this mod & CC/MM

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 15, 2017, 04:01:40 AMcurrently my candle maker in DSSV: Production is making the wrong kind of candles to be compatible with this mod & CC/MM

Hmmm... playing without CC - so how do I build the Industry Mine?

I have DS candles (both homemade and bought from trader), but can't get them delivered to the construction site...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Necora

Looks awesome :) will be great to park one of Red's Choo Choo goods wagons underneath that shoot from the big mine!

Maldrick

Finally got upgraded to 1.0.7 and had a look at this set.  This is a very, very nice set of mods.  Thank you, @Discrepancy .  It's amazing.

I think I made too many coke ovens, which are awesome, but I'm going to play with it and see about getting the proportions more in line.  The coke oven is one of the cooler buildings I've seen yet, by the way.  And the new townhouses go with this perfectly.  Already getting some ideas for using this in my next map.

Still getting mods loaded and about to do a hardware upgrade this weekend, but once that's done I will give it a closer look and give it a go in a larger game for sure.  Really fantastic.  Thank you, again.  This one is going to be super fun.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

adelegarland

Hello All!   
I seem to have a problem with candles.   Maybe someone else has experienced this?  I have all of the DS Stuff to make the candles for the Industry Mine, Village bee shelter, confirmed that it is making beeswax, Village Candle maker - set to making candles.  The beeswax shows in inventory, but the candle maker will not get any and make candles,   (I don't use the CC or MegaMod)  Ideas? 
Thanks   ;)
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Abandoned

@adelegarland look up on this thread to Discrepancy's comment on May 15 regarding candles.   :)

adelegarland

Duh! *Smacks herself in the head!    When is Discrepancy coming back to us? 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Abandoned

TaylorItaly

Hello !
I have this mod under CC.
Is there a chance to :
1. make Coke as industriel fuel ?
2. to set the limits for charcoal and firewood stand-alone ?

Wonderful mod you`ve done!

Paeng

Quote from: TaylorItaly on October 10, 2017, 08:21:15 AM1. make Coke as industriel fuel?

I just played a round (without CC though) and it is industrial fuel... maybe put it above CC?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

TaylorItaly

Yeah,i know.
But Charcoal is than also industrie.
I thougt as coke = industrie and charcoal=woodfuel...

Discrepancy

Updated to v1.1

- added Industry Merchant trading post
       - added Lumber as resource and build requirement in buildings
       - increased some building requirement costs
       - changed Charcoal to fuel/woodfuel flag to match CC
       - changed texts and icons
       - updated DS toolbar files

also the candle issue has been fixed, that was an issue with DS Small Village: Production and was rectified in the last update of that mod.

Maldrick

@Discrepancy

Awesome, thank you.  I use this mod a lot and looking forward to checking out the new building requirements and the trader!

Small request...Only if it's not a lot of trouble, of course, but would an override to keep Charcoal in Industrial Fuel be possible?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Discrepancy

Quote from: Maldrick on December 30, 2017, 08:17:38 PM
Small request...Only if it's not a lot of trouble, of course, but would an override to keep Charcoal in Industrial Fuel be possible?

DS Mods - Charcoal as Industrial Fuel Patch

place this patch above DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining to change Charcoal to an Industrial Fuel.
also place above any other mod that adds Charcoal as resource.

download: (v1.1 - updated 31 Dec 2017 - fixed issue of missing icon and text)