News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I wrote a kind of conclusion or how-to about the happiness system and what we know about it after the latest updates and Nillas researching. Will update the text when we get new knowledge or balancing changes. www.banishedventures.com/howto-happiness

Nilla

A good explaination. :)

galensgranny

I love the part, "... and then people suddenly run wild because they can visit a church and a tavern."  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Haha.. I have it from here. Always like to learn such phrases and to improve my skill. Thanks again for your help @galensgranny. :)

galensgranny

You're welcome, Tom.  :)

brads3

with your individual apple trees is it possable to plant 5 or 10 of them and 1 gatherer harvest them? could they be coded to be "wild apples" like the pine or CC orchard,but players can plant instead of a forester? then the gatherers we have would harvest them.

Tom Sawyer

With gatherers it doesn't work @brads3. The trees need to be harvested by a farmer, like orchards. I did not try to let them spawn fruits around like wild plants but it might be possible. I guess it would be very random and only on free tiles next to them. If they are planted between houses and roads they could not spawn something. Also, it would be in addition to the normal yield. Probably not really an improvement.

Tom Sawyer

Hi guys! I was a bit absent but now wrote some news about the current progress in my modding diary. It's mainly new housing for the Viking update and the thingstead we were talking about in this thread, suggested by @darnokthemage. Here are the screens. :)

darnokthemage

Very very nice! Hopefully we can get a time progression system in place some time in the future!

embx61

Nice stuff Tom :)

Turf (Sod? Peat?) is a nice addition for early settlements. I played with the idea a long while back but never got to it.
Good to see you tinkered with the same idea and make something out of it. The clay is IMHO good enough to be used as Turf otherwise you have to make another production area to get the Turf what was nothing more then just cutting them out of the "Veen" grounds in a certain size anyway.

The Dutch made a lot of so called "Plaggenhutten" very early on and some are still to see in the Dutch Openlucht (Open Air) Museum in Holland.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Nilla

:) Nice to see some new Nordic things.

Since I have to keep my broken foot high as much as possible, I spend a lot of time lying on the sofa watching TV. Yesterday I saw a program about some excavations on the Orkney Islands. The houses from the stone age, some 5000 years ago, looked very much like the right turf house. Here in Sweden we couldn't build stone houses until about 1000 AD, if I can believe another TV program about Christian vikings.  ;)

darnokthemage

Earliest Swedish stone house is a small stone church from the 1040s in Varnhem, Sweden. Some of the more complicated stone buildings could maybe need a stonecutter?

zak4862

Awesome frame-houses! I hope you will make also a standalone set like with yours RedCottage houses.  :o 8)

brads3

i just hope as TOM adds new buildings he doesn't take out the others. he did that with the red nordic wood houses. they were a nice option to mix with the cottages.

embx61

I don't know if Tom will scrap some houses but even if he does I am sure he will compile them as a standalone mod so nothing is lost.
His Red houses are in a different separate mod are they?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]